Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in 97222 : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 36
Fri May 28, 2010
Jewel Stockli answered:
Your rate is not bad. Rates are really low now and rentals are in demand. Does your basement have a seperate entrance? With that savings I'd actually buy an investment property to bring in some more cash flow and pay down the existing morrtgage!
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Linda Lorenzo answered:
Check out this Hud website, you can find credit consumer counselors there that can help you for only $35.00. Be wary of any internet debt modification services there are a lot of scam artists out there. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Marvin Von Renchler answered:
You can contact your lender and ask what the index and margins are right now, and what adjustment will they be using at the change date or will they just add the index plus margin then as it is now. If you have a low start loan, or option ARM, you may have been having deferred amounts ADDED to your balance. They will usually RE-AMORTIZE your balance for just the remaining life of the loan which will greatly increase payments. They may not---you have to find out. Im a real estate broker now but just closed my 30 year mortgage business and am an ARM expert. If you wish, call me anytime for FREE information and advice, you dont even have to tell me who you are. We need to help each other through all this mortgage disaster.

Marvin Von Renchler 503-504-7265 cell or email at Im in Tigard
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 15, 2010
Marge Bare answered:
Hi Vincent,
There are some options available. I would recommend the free HUD counseling services in Portland. They can help you work with your bank to see if you can get your loan modified. If it fits the criteria, you could have your principle reduced. But as you may have heard or read, modifications are sometimes hard to get. It depends on your situation and who holds your mortgage.

IF it helps at all, there are alot of people in your situation so there are options today that wouldn't normally be available. DO NOT pay anyone to modify your loan! Hud counseling is free. The group that helped me was the African American Alliance for homeownership. I was able to modify my loan to an amount more in line with my current value, so it can work.

You can reach them at 503-595-3517. Give them a call and they can see if you qualify and talk with your lender for you, they know how to help and its a FREE service.

I would be happy to talk with you personally if you have questions.
Of course, there are other options such as selling through a short sale prior to a foreclosure, but it sounds to me like you want to save your home, and there really are people and ways to help today that work... so its worth a phone call!
Best to you,
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed May 5, 2010
Lana Lavenbarg answered:
No matter who you go to you want to make sure you are using the same information to compare them all. Interest rates, buy downs, points to pay for the loan, appraisal fees and on it goes. Make sure that what ever bank or mortgage lender you use will give you the same type of information. That way you will be able to tell who will give you the best deal for your dollars. You will also need to find out - how they pay the contractor. That will be important also. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 7, 2017
Lana Lavenbarg answered:
Rogue River Mortgage does the best with hard money lenders here in the Grants Pass area - not sure for the Portland area!
0 votes 26 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 9, 2010
Jeff and Julie Moran answered:
I would suggest to call or email Jeff at Bank of America. He has been in the mortgage industry for almost 15 years and there is no better person to talk to. He specializes in purchases so he can answer all of your questions. (949) 289-5170 His email is ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 5, 2010
Hi Barb,

What a great question that should get quite a few responses.

The new GFE should make it easier for you to "shop" based on cost and interest rate.
I think it probably will boil down to who you feel comfortable with.
A big part of the mortgage "experience" is the service and education a great loan officer provides.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Tom Inglesby answered:
When you are self employed you have to look at your net income. This is a hard number when you try and deduct all your expenses but when it comes to buying a house it hits you. Get to a mortgage person and see what they say? With your large down the qualifications ratios might work for you because of the down payment you have. Give me a call or email me for a great lender.

Tom Inglesby, Broker
RE/MAX Equity Group inc
ABR,CRS, EA S.T.A.R. eco-broker
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Janeese Jackson answered:
Hi Dana,
you may be able to get an FHA loan, but speaking with or writing to a trusted loan professional would be the most prudent step. The mortgage broker would run both credit scores and be able to give you an idea if and what type financing would be available to you. They could also suggest some steps to take to establish credit and/or repair your existing credit. I have two excellent suggestions:
1) Rodd Miller at Pacific Residential Mortgage/503-352-7110 or
2) Jeff Irving at Bank of America/503-310-3460 or
I would compare several sources and let me know what you find.
Janeese Jackson, Principal Broker
Real Estate Resource
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 23, 2009
Dirk Knudsen and Kirra Krussman answered:

Try this.

I am sure there is a way to take advantage of this market without paying taxes. maybe somebody in the US would want to trade or worok with you on your Brazil property? what do you own there?

Anyway try these guys!


Dirk T Knudsen
Re/max Hall of Fame
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 3, 2008
Tony H. Rahnamoon answered:
Hi, please note as of 10/28/08 this house was taken off the market , please feel free to contact me if interested to know more.
Presented By: Tony Rahnamoon 503-796-9158
John L Scott NE Portland
RESIDENTIAL Status: WTH 11/9/2008
ML#: 8078758 H Area: 148 List Price: $339,000
Map Coord: 625/F/4 Zoning: List Type: ER LR: N
County: Washington Tax ID: R0110221
Nhood/Bldg: Raleigh Hills
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 11, 2008
Norm Rice answered:
Did you perhaps mean 8940 SW Woodside Drive? This home was listed for $339,000, however was withdrawn from the active market on October 28th. The taxes are listed at $2942.86. I was unable to locate a home at the address of 9840.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Have a great day.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 18, 2008
Cary Perkins answered:

It sounds as though you might want to contact an attorney, at least for a bit of information on your recourse.

If you'd like to speak to a reputable lender for information purposes, I'd be happy to direct you to several reliable, trustworthy contacts in the Portland area. I can also recommend a good attorney.

Cary Perkins
(503) 720-4455
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri May 23, 2008
Sarah answered:
What I mean to say is Portland OR for those whom do not know of PDX
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 18, 2008
Gloria Matthews answered:
1 2
Search Advice