Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 95834 : Real Estate Advice

  • All31
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying23
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 142
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Jay Emerson answered:
You should consult a CPA or attorney. Any Realtor who gives you legal or tax advice may not be a Realtor for long. Banks are in the business of collecting money. If there's a way, they have the will. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Jim Walker answered:
email the address to me, I will check the internet to see if it shows notice of default by the owner.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 3, 2011
Eddie Martini answered:
There are more options then you think. When you can check out my website and look up my contact info. There are investors in our area that will enter into a Lease with Option to Buy contract with you so you can in the next few years actually OWN the home you have been living in. Or yes you can go find another property to rent on a monthly basis if that is what you prefer as there are some advantages to renting. If you really LOVE the home your in your can even use the investor I described above to bid on the home you reside in now and purchase it as a Short Sale which should be a good price point and then start your lease term with the investor who will be your new landlord until your contract is up and you can secure financing. Look forward to talking with you more... ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 5, 2011
Hugo Baruetta answered:
Since the property you are renting will probably be sold to a new owner, the new owner might offer a program called cash for keys. In different cases, they offer anywhere between 1000-3000 dollars with the mutual arrangement of certain time for the property to be surrendered to the new owner. In this case, you might have after 90 days from when the property is first sold. You should try to find out who the new owner is and contact him asap to see what options they might have for you. This is a possibility and not a certainty. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 2, 2014
Morgan Larson answered:
Public newspapers (like the Sac Bee) generally post once per week what will be on auction that week. Though, you could also work with a Realtor or other professional who has access to the tax records and can view trustee sale dates in a database.

You might also be able to find an accessible database online.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Keisha Mathews answered:
Once a Notice of Trustee Sale has been placed, there is a date of Trustee sale on the Notice. Typically the time frame is only a couple of weeks from the time the Notice is placed.

If you would like assistance in possibly postponing the sale let me know and I will sit down and discuss with you your options from short sale to deed in lieu or refer you to a real estate attorney or tax adviser who can properly advise you in the area of bankruptcy or other areas of legal concern you may have.

Sounds like you must act quickly.

Feel free to contact me (916) 370-1803

Keisha Mathews
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Mani Del Rosario answered:

If you want to buy bank owned bulk properties, please call me. Most bulk properties are sold in price ranges from $10mil and up. You have to show proof of funds first and a letter of intent in order to work with these banks.

Thank you.

Mani del Rosario
Cornerstone Property Management
(916) 949-9499
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 26, 2011
Leon Williams answered:
If have heard a range of figures. A low of &75 for just handing over the check to a flat rate of $400+ for a full range of services. The flat rate amount depends on what is allowable in the contract that is signed by the occupant.

I hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 24, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
What you are looking to do will not be easy. Every real estate agent wants to be a REO listing agent. You need some good, solid connections with a lender and since the lenders are likely already dealing with someone you are going to have a hard time breaking into that area of the business. Those listing REO in my area have been doing so for years, it's just lots better now for them than it's been in the past. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Mitch Larrivee answered:
Try to contact your local Realtor Association.

I've even gotten invites to parties hosted by home builders and other businesses that utilize Realtors. I'm guessing those invites came from a mailing list at the Board of Realtors.. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 4, 2011
Shirley Bell answered:
Tue Jan 4, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
If you did not pay rent to the proper person then I don't see how you can claim that you paid the rent and so you don't have a claim against anyone but the one that scammed you. I always suggest paying by check to help avoid this. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
In order to best protect yourself and any other assets you may have, for accurate legal information as it relates to your situation, it's always best to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Dp2 answered:
Sorry to hear about your loss. You need to find another place to live ASAP, and you'll need to focus on resolving the issue(s) that lead to you losing this property. Some investors might be willing to work with you.

Please send me some info about that property, and your situation. I'll forward it to some investors I know in that area.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 9, 2010
Catherine Bedrossian answered:
This is a question you should ask your accountant, as it depends on your financial situation. BTW, sometimes the auction date gets postponed.

Good luck to you.
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 9, 2010
Joseph Drew answered:
Auctions generally take place at the County court steps, in the respective county. Sacramento Auctions take place at 720 9TH ST.

You will need to bring cash or certified funds for the total amount, certified funds are probably a little safer.

Check out this video for more details:

Happy hunting!
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 1, 2010
Sue Archer Reynolds answered:
Speak with an attorney. Steve Beede at BPE law group has an hour consultation fee for $200 and that should give you the lowdown without a big expense but essentially, there isn't anything that will absolutely turn over a foreclosure. For a foreclosure to have occurred, you had not been paying your mortgage for at least 6 months, but more likely over a year or more. There was plenty of time to dispute the obligation during that time, especially with the lenders participating in the government's HAMP and HAFA programs to help you in retaining ownership.

Unfortunately, you needed to be speaking to your lenders during the process, and not after. But speak to an attorney to see if you have a case that I'm not familiar with. Sorry for your situation.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 21, 2012
Scott Miller answered:
Hi Scott. Attorneys are supposed to do what's best for their clients. Did you ask him why he gave the extensions? If they defaulted, which is par-for-the-course for these thieving banks, then ask him why he didn't just ask for the default judgement against them. Foreclosures are tricky because of the paper trail, who they've been sold to, etc. He might be thinking that if they come back at a later date with an appeal, you'd lose.

Ask him why he gave the extensions. An attorney should act in your best interest, but you don't know the law and why he gave the extensions. Ask him why, flat out. If you don't like his answer, double check with another attorney and/or find a new one.

The attorney works for you, but he may have an excellent reason for giving them the extension.

GOOD LUCK and let us know what happens so everyone can learn from your experience.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 4, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
At this point you need an attorney, your time to question this and to fight it was while it was going on, not afterwards. It will depend on yoru state law if you have the right to appeal any judgements that were already made in a court of law. An attorney who knows you specific state laws can guide you better. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 27, 2010
Jay Emerson answered:
I'm not a lawyer but am an investor and find losing my real estate license very severe. Therefore, I have made it a rule to not find out if that's a felony or not. It's an ugly consequence to test it and lose.

If he has a non-owner occupied loan, he may have caused himself trouble.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search Advice