Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

95825 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1,136
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Sue Archer Reynolds answered:
There's more implications than you mention here if your sister co-signs for the home. First, she needs to establish a credit score. She can possibly do that with non-traditional means such as cell phone bills, rental payment receipts and things like that. And it's in her best interest to establish credit history. Most lenders can help her, or she can contact Blue Water Credit and ask them to help her.

But co-signing on a mortgage for you is not normally in her best interest. She takes on 30 years worth of obligation for a debt that she does not get the benefit of enjoying. 30 years is a long time,and should you at any time default on that loan, it would reflect negatively on her. In fact, she would be expected to pay it back should you not be able to pay. Should she EVER want to get a home of her own, she would be showing 100% obligation on your mortgage and have difficulty getting one for her own.

You might want to consider whether there is another alternative, or discussing the full implications of her co-signing so that it's clearly understood.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Melissa Dozier answered:
Good Morning, Are you looking to rent or own a home in the Natomas area? It is a great time to be investing in a home right now with interest rates so low and great loan programs out there that take very little down. Please let me know and I would love to help you find your next home. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Jamie Collins answered:

Glenn Olsson
First Priority Financial

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving

Jamie Collins
J. E. Collins Insurance Agency
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Michelle Thompson answered:
I would talk to a lender that specializes in credit repair. He or she can help speed up the repair process and before you know it, you will be in your home. You should also focus on saving for a down payment of atleast 3.5% down plus closing costs. Your lender can give you an estimate as to what those fees are. You may be able to get the seller to pay for some of them :) Good luck! ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Are there that many $140,000 houses in Sacramento?
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Kylee Roe answered:
You can check with Evelyne Jamet at Vitek, 916-452-8800. I wouldn't say you need "non-conforming", more like a loan for poor credit. Though, be forewarned, most of the loans for recent short sale situations do require 20% down. Alot depends on your credit and financials pre-short sale.
Let me know if I can help you further.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Ute Ferdig answered:
I second Elizabeth. I would not expect Trulia to post a question like that.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 1, 2012
Tamara Dorirs answered:
It's public information. Your agent will be able to tell you from the tax records.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Patrick O'Hare answered:
Freeway Circle is in the Twin Rivers District.
High school will be Foothilll High School, not
too far away off Hillsdale Blvd.
It is always recommended that you contact
the district to confirm attendance choices. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 30, 2012
The Reality Of Real Estate - Aneice Dixon answered:
So sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time right now, however, a 3-Day Notice Pay or Quit is typically served to those who owe rent or in breach of their rental contract. If that is not the case, then you must be legally provided a 30-Day Notice.

Although we are Realtors, without all the specifics we can only provide you general information. In your case, I would highly encourage you to contact the Fair Housing and Employment Agency to seek free counsel. Please see the following link:

for California Handbook for Tenant and Landlord Responsibilities, please note for additional free assistance please see the contact information on page 95.

I wish you and your family best of luck.


Aneice Dixon, Realtor
All City Realty Group
428 J Street, #430
Sacramento, CA 95814
916.287.3463 direct
888.551.7603 fax
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Keisha Mathews answered:
Hello, no one on this thread would have that information. Only the homeowener/borrower on the loan.

You can ask your landlord, the homeowner/borrower to allow you to see the documentation that proves it has been modified. There's really not much else you can do.

Hope that helps.

Keisha Mathews
CDPE, HAFA, HRC Certified
Century 21 Landmark Network
Lic# 01439130
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Bruce Slaton answered:
Loan modifications are not public record and a lender releasing that info to someone not authorized to get it could be a legal issue. You could make a request to your landlord but it's up to them to agree to provide it. A rental agreement is money paid for the right to live there, not really a requirement the landlord pay their mortgage.

New requirements in January require owners to disclose the filing of a Notice of Default to prospective tenants but that's about as far as it goes.

Best of luck in your situation

Bruce Slaton
Realty World eCurb REALTORS
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 26, 2012
Bruce Slaton answered:
Brian Barnes from Paradise Financial does it. His number is 916-230-4750. I checked with him before I posted his info and he says CALHFA funds might be able to be used along with this program for added benefit.

Great lender, I always recommend him based on performance in our market with agents.

Best luck

Bruce Slaton
Realty World eCurb REALTORS
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 25, 2016
Ted Greene answered:
Yes you do. Most buyers agents will not show you houses until you get pre-approved and they know how much you can spend. I can refer you to someone who will pre-approve you. Call me at 916.442.4500.
Ted Greene
JCL Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 26, 2012
Mike Schubert answered:
Total Guess - after the election in November we won't get eye water to cry with!! I fully expect that government and lenders will be less sympathetic to those that have honored their mortgages and paid on time even though they've lost all equity in their homes. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 25, 2016
Linda Chu answered:
It depends on the lender. If they have a lot of files to underwrite than there will be delays.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun May 19, 2013
Nancy Bergman answered:
Yes, there are some lender that will loan people with 20% on a conventional loan after 2 years. Yet you need to pass each lender's criteria. Some are 24 months conventional, some are 3 years for FHA.
If you want more information about the lenders I use that do this, contact me privately, and would be happy to help.

Nancy S Bergman
Realtor - Lyon Short Sale Certified
DRE # 01893550
Lyon RE Downtown
2801 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
Primary: 916-400-1355
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Sue Archer Reynolds answered:
I would contact the lenders directly for that. Most loan brokers are focused on the refinance and purchase loan opportunities. While the best answer will come from a lender here, I thought I'd just add my two cents....

check with your local lender- either a bank or credit union and see what they would offer you. Of course the decision will be based on your credit worthiness and that you equity in the home, but they would be your best resource.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Lance King answered:
They vary depending on local customary splits on costs, lender fees, and any other local expenses. I would call a local title company and they can give you specific estimates.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 21, 2012
Patrick O'Hare answered:
Not sure what the question is, I think your fingers got off key.
But for general information, the property on Deddington does
have an accepted offer and shows a current pending status. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice