Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

95267 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 348
Mon Jul 2, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore begin by visiting with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with... ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Rocky G.H. Hawrysz answered:
Review the rental agreement closely and contact the property manager to complain. Typically, it is not the responsibility of the tenant to make repairs to the homes they're renting unless otherwise agreed in writing. The next step would be to contact a lawyer to seek legal advice. It might be a trip to small claims court.

Good luck,


Rocky G.H. Hawrysz, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610 – Direct
License No. 01468373

“Without Question, Committed to Your Success!"
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Rocky G.H. Hawrysz answered:
Since it is in Pre-Foreclosure there is no telling. A foreclosure may or may not happen. If there is going to be a foreclosure it could take months. The best thing to do is contact the owner to find out more information and keep your eyes open for a Notice of Default. This will likely answer many questions

I hope this helps,


“Without Question, Committed to Your Success!"
Rocky G.H. Hawrysz | Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610 – Direct | | | License No. 01468373

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Letisha,
Your lease agreement is between you and your landlord so you must continue to pay the rent regardless if the home may be undergoing the foreclosure process.

I suggest that you contact your landlord to learn more about the situation. If your landlord refuses to speak about it then; contact the tax assessor's office or city clerk for Stockton to find out more about the status of the property.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Tony Gao asked:
Please visit website
Call me for more info.

Tony Gao
Collins Realty Inc
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Kelly Taylor answered:
I am not sure what you are asking? Are you asking to about taking listing information about a property? Or, are you asking how to remove the listing from the website?

Kelly Taylor
PMZ Real Estate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 22, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
It depends. Where are you entering the market? Do you want to turn and burn (fix and flip)? Or do you want to buy and hold to rent/lease or occupy?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue May 29, 2012
Stacey Shelby answered:
Hi Tony!

Here is a great place to start
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 26, 2012
Pearline Yocum answered:
They can give you a notice to perform to close escrow, if you do not perform my the terms of the contract they can cancel it.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 27, 2012
Randy Elliott answered:
You'll do great by calling Pete Serna from Serna Construction: (209) 483-0558.

Very honest and does good work.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 18, 2012
Michael Cheng answered:
Value is in the eye of the holder. While the city itself is picturesque, home prices in Stockton are still in the dumps with all the financial distress. This home would be a steal in any Bay Area city. But, given its location (#1 variable in real estate), it's just fairly valued. You would still need to put in a significant amount of money to fix it up and maybe reconvert it back into a single family. If you're up for a project, you could end up with a majestic home for under $500K. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 26, 2012
Daniel Harms answered:
I would suggest your first step be to contact a lender and get your pre qualification letter. You need to know how much down payment you have, do you need help with closing costs etc. Once you have this find a Realtor you trust and start looking at houses. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 5, 2012
Joseph Smith answered:
Hi Laura,
Although there is a variance for location, size and amenities of homes, according to our local MLS the average DOM for a sold property so far in 2012 is about 70 days.
Active properties are at about 71 days.
"Contingent" properties - mostly Short Sales - are at about 115 days.
Pendings are at about 54 days.
I hope this helps. You can feel free to find out specifically towards your situation by contacting me any time.
Have a great day.

Joseph Smith, Realtor®
REO Listing Specialist
HAFA Certified Short Sale Specialist

5713 N. Pershing Avenue Suite E
Stockton, CA 95207
DRE License # 01427426
Office (209) 476-4257
Cell (209) 969-4498
Fax (209) 762-5238
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 4, 2012
Randy Elliott answered:
We have no way of knowing without all the details. What does your Realtor think your chances are?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 4, 2012
David McKeever answered:
It is a very competitive market right now. Cash Buyers have definatly been active in 2012.
1. Speed is the name of the game. One tip is to get your offers in asap. Sometimes this requires writing offers before seeing the home. Once accepted you can decide if you really love it.
2. Most homes are selling at or around list price. You may need to think about offering above list price to compete with the cash buyers.
3. Tell your story. Are you just submitting a boring offer like everyone else?.Tell the seller who you and your family are, why you like the house and your what your plans are with the home. Get creative!

Good luck. Let me know if you need any other helpful tips.
David Mckeever, broker
McKeever Real Estate
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 30, 2012
phetsamone8213 asked:
Sun Apr 29, 2012
Marie Souza Team answered:
Contact the local Police Department.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Kerry Suess answered:
South of March to Fremont and west of Pershing would be your best bet.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 22, 2017
Kathryn Vatsula answered:
Yes, Imortgage will lend on this property. 1) On our conventional loans we do not have a flipping policy and here are not any investor overlays. 2) Imortgage, unlike other lenders, do not require you to have 6 months or any months of "rental ownership". We will lend in any city in California
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 30, 2012
Randy Elliott answered:

You can research crime reports here:

Just type in the address near the top and change the time frames.

This should give you the info you're looking for.

Good luck!

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice