Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

95050 : Real Estate Advice

  • All35
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 252
Mon Jul 24, 2017
Linda Lorenzo answered:
You need to either contact a real estate attorney or a local title company (this would be the cheaper alternative) for guidance. Title companies are a wealth of information and should be able to assist you. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed May 20, 2015
Terri Vellios answered:
It will be up to the Building Department. You can go to the city and meet with an inspector to discuss the scope of your work.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Terri Vellios answered:
Virginia, your best bet is probably going to be Craigslist or your own social network. Be careful on Craigslist. I think the $800 is going to be a challenge for a studio. It's possible to rent a bedroom with others for something around that price. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 8, 2017
David Allen Rivas answered:
Where is your Realtor? Tenants have rights and no Realtor can make you break the law. If your tenant has agreed to move out that is one thing however if they have lived in the property for more than a year by law they need a 60 day notice to move and the other Realtor can not ask you to break the law by forcing them out early. Sounds like they are changing the agreement and for that reason you could cancel the contract or serve them a notice to perform on the merits of what was agreed upon in the original agreement. In the offer there is a section that talks about notice to perform. If the box was not checked it is 48 hours so serve them with the notice to perform and if they fail to do so then you can cancel the contract.
Good luck
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Terri Vellios answered:
What is your question? You should have rules and HOA fees for shared walls and common areas. If the HOA is asking for insurance change I recommend you discuss this with your insurance carrier and lender. Whats in your bylaws and rules? ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Norman Alessandrini Warren Weston answered:
Hi, well the first thing to do is get with a realtor who works your area of interst.( I'm sure lots of realtors will answer your questions). At the same time get a pre-approval letter from your bank or if you don't have a lender I can recomend one. Go over with your realtor what you need and want and we can set up searchs for you to see whats available. Next go out with your realtor and vist some of these homes to get an realistic idea of what your money will purchase, you can also visit open houses on your own if you want. That will be a good start.
If you would like some assistance feel free to contact me and I will answer any questions that I can.
At your service,
Certified Distressed Property Expert
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
David Allen Rivas answered:
The Midtown project is a beautiful project they are priced a little higher but the first release will be 3-5 bedroom single family homes and they are only building 36 of these so this is a great opportunity because of limited supply then they will be building another 74-76 townhouse like homes in the same area. Summerhill builds a very nice product and I would suggest you go with a professional Realtor to represent you. You will need to bring your Realtor on your first visit when viewing the models so bring your Realtor to this. If I can be of any further help in regards to the location please feel free to contact me with out any obligation of using my service. or
Best wishes and proceed with caution.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
David Allen Rivas answered:
What is your question?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 3, 2013
rps answered:
And also recommendations for good property management companies please..
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Tina Lam answered:
If you're looking for a recourse, you'll need to seek the advice of an attorney. Just based on what you've described, I don't see how you would have recourse against a collection agency for unpaid interest. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 15, 2012
Tina Lam answered:
Sure, if you're purchasing with all cash, you don't even need to be present for a signing. Just send in a fax/scan of your signed documents. If you're using financing, then the lender will require you to get a local notary for the signing. You can have your friend send in his notarized documents for you to sign. Speak with your escrow officer to work this out. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Juliana Lee MBA LLB answered:
Hi Philip,

The questions keep popping up, but they have a date which you can look at then ignore the question if they are too old to be of interest to you. Some questions and answers are good for many years. I doubt very many websites can afford the man power to constantly review old content to decide if it should be deleted or kept a little longer.

My own web site apparently has over 9,000 html files on it ... the web management software says it does. Trulia has to have orders of magnitude more files.

My main navigation menus don't point to nearly that many files. Some of the pages have been updated several times but have a lot of the original content from about 15 years ago.

When you answer an old question, it probably puts it higher in the list of questions visitors are reading thus leading to it showing up again. Real estate sales is constantly changing but many aspects are solidly based on the past.

Juliana Lee, MBA LLB
Cell: 650-857-1000
Top 3 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 home sales completed in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Terry McCarley answered:
Only if the buyer agrees to it. The builder can offer you anything but it is up to you to decide how to proceed. Have a buyers agent work for you and let them negotiate with the builder on your behalf. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 23, 2013
Bill Mccord answered:
Hello Nader,
You can certainly find a home such as you describe in that specific zip code but, you would have a much better range of options with equally good schools etc in many other Santa County cities and neiborhoods.
Every LOCAL Realtor on this forum will be able to provide you with details of EVERY property listed, and to show them to you no matter who the Listing Agent is. It would be very inefficient way to conduct your search if you have to deal only with the listing agent for each property.
A better way is to select an Buyers Agent to work with you to see all properties of interest at the same time.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 10, 2013
John Juarez answered:
I suggest that you check for rent section. Also, Craigslist for Sunnyvale rentals. Even if you don’t find what you want you will get an idea what the asking price is for a rental such as you describe. Beware of below market rents! There are often scams. If an offer looks suspicious, it often is.

Also, do an internet search for property managers in the area in which you are interested. Call a few and find out what they have available.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Elena Talis answered:
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Terri Vellios answered:
The lender is going to want to see your job history, credit score, and debt to income. I have a Lender I highly recommend.

Once we know what a lender will qualify you for, then you will be able to determine the purchase price. 30~50% of $200,000 is very different than $500,000. Wouldn't you agree?

Drop me an email and I'll connect you with my lender and let you know what is available in your price range.

What part of Canada? I have relatives there.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Thomas Feng answered:
Average HOA dues run between $300-$400 for condo townhomes in the Santa Clara County.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 20, 2013
Thomas Feng answered:
For that budget Santa Clara city would be the best bet, you could get a 3 bed or 2 bed.

For future growth however I would go with a 2 bedroom because it would be a cheaper investment than the 3 bedroom. Santa Clara is a great area to rent out to working people as it is very central to highways and express routes. Schools in the area are not that good though so there is a lower chance that you will get families renting in the area.

For a market report of how the Santa Clara market is doing and also a Google Map of new and sold listings check out my blog at

Please give me a call at (408) 840-3852 or so we can further discuss your situation.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Eric and Janelle Boyenga Team answered:
If you are looking for good schools, I would highly recommend Cambrian. Most of the zip code of 95124 and 95118 have excellent schools. Both the Cambrian and the Union school district have excellent schools and are more affordable than areas north of Cambrian. There are also pockets of Campbell and West San Jose that are excellent but it may be tougher to find a selection in the low 700k's. If you would like more information feel free to contact our team.

Happy House Hunting,

Eric Boyenga
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice