Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

94590 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 122
Thu Jul 23, 2015
Luis Romero answered:
you need to speak with the lender who is doing your loan, if you do not have one call Kevin Rahill at 707-246-1010, this is not a job for someone new in the lending industry, He has 20 experience. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 10, 2015
Cindy Davis answered:
how bad is a sexual crime? for real?
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
You can check out Trulia's "Local Info" Tab, info on crime stats and calling the local police department will help too.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Juan Gomez answered:
Sounds like you may have to use a hard money lender. Contact me if you are interested in getting my contact that I have had success with for my buyers with the same situation.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Laura Coffey answered:
Look in your area for a CDPE agent. Keep in mind most areas its a seller's market. You put high demands on them your offer gets rejected. Most houses are selling with multiple offers even if its a distressed sale. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Josephine ("Jo") Cusi answered:
Hi, Mei! Escrow officer would need to have the seller sign the cancellation before they can fully cancel escrow on this transaction. Both parties have to come to a mutual agreement regarding the deposit.
If you have acted in good faith in getting the loan but were denied, then you can technically still get your deposit back. Your agent would need to convey your good faith efforts to the listing agent and the seller. What happened was unfortunate but at the end of the day, it would be in everyone's best interest to come to an agreement. The sooner the contract is cancelled, the sooner the house can be back on the market. With inventory being low to none, seller would have no problem finding a buyer right away. And with multiple offers, seller may get more money than what the cancelled contract was for. Everyone would be in a 'win-win' situation!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
Just be up front with the Landlord, a higher deposit will typically be all that is required but it is a case-by-case basis with each Landlord.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
I have not heard of a program such as this. Typically short sale sellers need to wait a minimum of 24 months.

Congratulations on finding this program.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
On you offer, just ask for seller financing. You will want to check the county records to find owners that own their home without a note, as they will be more willing to provide the owner finance.

Best of Luck.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
You will need to go over this with each owner you approach, everything is negotiable, you should be able to work something out.

Best of Luck
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
The lender and your Realtor that you are working with should be handling this for you, if they are not, contact the Realtor's office, that you are working with and ask their Broker for help. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
They are certainly priced at the top of the of the market but i do not see them over priced. What i see is them paying too much money for work that does not improve the cost at even the same amount of the work they completed. the problem is they give too many listings to too few agents who are approve dto get fannie listings. Not all, but a lot of those agents do not seem to answer their phpne, do not answer questions when left as a message and will not meet buyers or other agents at the listings to go over things or answer questions about the homes. Fannie should pick new listing agents who are willing to do the work and who do answer their phones, messages and offer more service to pitential buyers. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Lance King answered:
I usually have a conversation with the buyer or agent to determine what interest level is as I know that if they like it they are going to want to see it in the daylight before making an offer. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Tony Di Stefano answered:
Depends on the street and your status.

Moving in there as a community member - safety isn't that big a problem.

If you are moving in to the home the neighbors in the state streets will try and get to know you and watch over your place. Many of the folks it the 'heritage district', state streets and historical area watch out for each other and keep an eye on each other's property. Some great neighboroods.

However, if you plan on being an absentee landlord you will have problems...
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Belinda Lang answered:
I usually use Craigs lists for rentals, I don't know of any vacant in Vallejo that I know of. Thanks for asking
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 29, 2012
CodyFornari answered:
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Terry McCarley answered:
You should speak with a lender regarding this however if your wife is also part of the bankruptcy filing you all will most likely not be able to get a loan. If she is not filing the bankruptcy with you and has high enough income she could check on getting the loan based on her income and credit alone. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 29, 2014
Cody Fornari answered:
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Sharon answered:
Hi Dolly-

Take a look at the market trends on Trulia:

Good luck with your hunt :)

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice