Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Market Conditions in 94518 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Thu Feb 12, 2015
The Medford Team answered:
To calculate the CAP rate for anything, you do the following:

1. Get the most recent sale price or, in the case of new construction, order an appraisal and get a fair market value.
2. Determine the net operating income for the property (current or projected gross rental income minus current or projected expenses paid by the owner (taxes, insurance, any financing costs, operating costs, etc.).
3. Divide the net operating income by the sale price (or appraised value, if new) to get the CAP rate.

NOI / Price = CAP Rate

In this case, we would need extensive information from you to actually determine the CAP rate. Since you’ve given us nothing, I’m hoping the above formula is what you actually need.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 23, 2012
Monika Luedtke, Walnut Crekk, Ca asked:
This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Concord/sold/2974758-1450-Bel-Air-Dr-102-Concord-CA-94521
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 17, 2012
Pacita Dimacali answered:
This property is still available for sale, with price reduced from $349K to $325K

It's currently offered as a short sale

Listing agent said that buyers should offer at least the list price, and should be willing to wait up to 60 days (very common) to get answer from short sale lender

Looks like they have two loans on the property, both with Washington Mutual, now with JP Morgan who posted Notice of Trustee Sale (foreclosure at auction) back in April 20....It's possible the bank gave extension for sellers to find buyer.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 28, 2009
Vickie Nagy answered:
Hello Colleen,

I have represented many first time homebuyers. Even with builders. I just got a young family into a brand new home in Concord for $400,000. I have some ideas, but not guarantees that I can keep it absolutely below $400,000.

By the way, I live in Concord and blog a lot about local neighborhoods and median home prices at http://www.VickieSellsHomes.com
Kindest Regards,
Vickie Nagy
Realtor® - ABR, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, SRES
Specializing in "GETTING YOU WHERE YOU NEED TO BE"
(925) 407-7987 cell
http://www.VickieSellsHomes.com
http://www.BestTriValleyHomes.com
Keller Williams, 760 Camino Ramon Suite 200, Danville, CA 94526
CA DRE License #01363932
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 14, 2009
Johnny Huang, MBA answered:
I wouldn't call Concord up and coming. It's established with different neighborhoods. However, if you are looking in that area, please feel free to let me know if I can help you do some preliminary market research in areas you are interested in investing. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 2, 2014
Johnny Huang, MBA answered:
Yes...It's already improving in Pittsburg, just a matter of time.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 7, 2009
Catherine Myers answered:
If you wait you may end up in a market with higher prices and even more competition. Fact is, many REO's (bank owned) homes are getting multiple offers, so you have to be ready to be aggressive in some cases. In some cases, short sales can be a good deal. Not as many people want to compete for those, but truthfully, most of those (priced right) have multiple offers too. I think many buyers (in my opinion) already have waited too long. Yes prices have gone down even more than 6 months ago, but now you're competing with multiple offers and investors. Investors jumped in months ago.. that's when other buyers should've jumped in.. but many buyers still felt it hadn't "hit bottom" yet. I think if you can buy now, you should. Real estate is a long term investment.. you don't make money when you buy it, only when you sell, so plan to stay for a while, buy in a good elementary school area, have fun, get great tax break and just enjoy your new home :) ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 27, 2008
Rose Cramer answered:
If you are a Sale by Owner then just tell the Buyer you decided that the deal will not work to your favor. If you are listed with a firm to sell your home. Let the Agent handle the negotiations and let them know your feelings on the matter. You are in the drivers seat. You are the Seller.... If the details support your claim, then it is what it is and go on to the next buyer... ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Search

Followers

248