Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

94301 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 252
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Andrea Wince ~ Lic. 01439761 answered:
Hi Arlene, look for similar ads to see what they are charging. Here on Trulia there is a new Rent section as well as Craigslist, Mercury News and other on-line sources. The rents asking on other homes in Palo Alto will give you an idea of today's rental market in your area. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Mindy answered:
Since you got no answers from the experts, I am going to provide you an answer based on my knowledge (as a homeowner who has tried to learn about city building department's rules).

To get an inlaw unit, without kitchen, you can use a grandfathered in unit. But to get a kitchen, your property needs to be zoned as R2. Most residential lots are zoned R1 which means there can be only one kitchen on the property.

You might want to walk in Planning Dept. People there will provide you with information although they do come across arrogant and condescending.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 31, 2012
Terri Vellios answered:
Have you tried to contact the current mortgage holder to see what they would offer you? Also, do you belong to a credit union, if so sometimes they may have something to offer. I9;ve never heard of zero cost as their will be some title and recording fees associated with it along with appraisal.

All the best to you.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 14, 2014
Ron Thomas answered:
You are complicating this unnecessarily:
Whether two properties are next door or down the block makes no diff.
You should enlist that help of a local Realtor, trust them, and let them do the work for you.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2016
Carl Henker answered:
Bank of the Internet has some very compettive programs and I hear UW is quick.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 2, 2012
The Medford Team answered:
Does not appear so at the moment - inventory is VERY low.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 15, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
It happens, but not often after the home inspection renegotiation is over. You can always say NO and hope they don't walk away from their earnest money deposit. What was the reason given to you for wanting a lower price? ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 20, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
Yes, it happens. You can say NO and see if they walk away. Some buyers think all sellers are desperate to sell at any price and they try stuff like this. Say NO now and maybe a better buyer will come along. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 20, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
i would suggest you contact the HOA and ask about the CCR's for your answer:
I would seriously doubt that anyone on Trulia is going to have a copy of those CCR's.

Good luck and may God bless ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Kendrick Kwan answered:

It depends how far you want to be from Stanford and what price range you are looking for. Unfortunately a lot of the housing immediately surrounding Stanford is reserved for Stanford faculty. But the next best area would be the College Terrace (South part of the campus), Evergreen Park (South East of campus on the other side of El Camino Real), or Southgate (South East of the campus in the area above Evergreen Park). You may also consider the Allied Arts or Downtown area of Menlo Park which is just north of the campus. Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 13, 2011
I wouldn't wait. What is your FICO, LTV and loan amount? I have ARMs up to $10,000,000 with no prepay and no fee to convert to a fixed rate.

Happy funding, Rudi
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Terri Vellios answered:

You should talk with a lender. Our lender just got a loan for someone who is unemployed, living at home 20% down on a duplex. Not everyone qualifies so the details of your transaction, income, etc. are unique.

Good question!
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 20, 2011
Terri Vellios answered:
That each area, each, home is unique as are the buyers and sellers. If people only purchased homes as investments your analysis on certain properties appears sound. However, the American dream of home ownership takes over and as the credit card commercial quotes "Priceless".

Only you can determine if home ownership makes sense for you. Work with a trusted Realtor to get the information you need on each property you are considering for purchase.

All the best to you.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 6, 2011
Terri Vellios answered:
Hi Need to Buy,

I'd like to refer you to Ken Deleon of Keller Williams in Palo Alto.
He has every neighborhood in Palo Alto Profiled and is THE number 1 agent. Tell him Terri Vellios sent you.
I don't believe you will find another agent who knows the area as well as Ken.

All the best to you.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 5, 2011
John Souerbry answered:
I live on the other side of the tracks a little farther south (off Park), about the same distance from the tracks. There isn't a lot of noise at night, which would be the biggest concern. But there was a recent price reduction on this one, I'd try to get the price down at least another $200k. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 19, 2011
David Burnham answered:
I can't speak for the price, as I am not familiar with the market, however I would say that a lot of buyers come from the internet and they want to see lots of pictures. At your price range,I would expect your realtor to hire a professional photographer to take at least 30 photos and include a virtual tour, and hopefully a floor plan. Several of your pictures appeared dark and a professional photographer familiar with al estate photos can help make your home sparkle online. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 23, 2014
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Call your local and/or county tax assessor. This information is 'public record' and must be given to you if you call and ask.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 27, 2011
Marcy Moyer answered:
Interested buyer,
Since Jan 1, 2008 there have been 6 sales of foreclosed single family homes, and 8 condos/townhomes. These are the ones that have been on MLS.

Marcy Moyer
DRE 01191194 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 25, 2011
BG answered:
It can be done after COE. Actually, it is a very simple process, fill out the (I think) Community Property Deed and have it notarized , send it in with a small fee ... call your county recorder to make sure you get the right form from them. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Laura Coffey answered:
Yes, very easily. You can just fill out a form and record it for a small fee. See the link for the form.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice