Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tech Tips in 94208 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Nick Seevers answered:
It depends on the HOA. Some will cover maintenance of the house and yard. Some will cover just the community area.

Nick Seevers
Century 21 All Professional
(916) 715-8417
DRE #01862254 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2007
Rob Moffatt answered:
I work in the South Beach district of San Francsoc where there are a large percentage of condos. I found a website recenly called There you can quickly get average rental information by address and type of structure. I have personally cross-checked the data from the site with actual rent units in the area. It's a wonderful resourse for getting the ballpark rates. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 15, 2007
Sarah Campbell answered:
The term "responsible" implies that the Seller is required by some state or local mandate to have this specifc type of insulation...and that is not the case.

There are certain building codes that are in affect NOW but those codes/standards are not retroactive, meaning that a seller is not required to update their 1950's home to current 2007 standards. The only items that are "required" by State Law pertain to smoke detectors and water heater bracing. Other than these items, all other 'requests' made by the buyer are simply that, requests. It is up to the buyer and seller to negotiate any other items to be repaired, replaced, removed etc. and the costs associated with those items.

In short, you can ASK for whatever you want from the seller, but they are under no obligation to say "yes".
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice