Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in 94128 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Tue Feb 24, 2015
Lily Remoundos answered:
Of course document the damage in photos and look at your policy first.
Your homeowner's policy should cover this!
If you have a large deductible, it may not make sense to make a claim. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 6, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
Wish I could help you but I'm a San Diego based Manufactured Home dealer, real estate broker and contractor. Don't think I'd be able to help you much in Texas albeit I love your State.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
I would think that it would depend on the Insurance Company:
Both ways:
Some companies will reinburse the value at some previous date, (when the policy was written), and some will escallate the coverage, (and the premiums) to make it "total" on the date of the loss.
This is probably a good instance where the "Low BId" is not a good idea.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Astrid Lacitis answered:
Not only can you but you MUST. That is part of the requirement to obtain a loan.

Astrid Lacitis
Keynote Properties
415 860 0765
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 17, 2012
Tina Lam answered:
What type of flooring are you going to use? Between carpeting, hardwood, tile, marble or tempered glass and heated or not, you could be looking at between $2-50/sqft for material and labor. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 9, 2015
Jim Olive answered:
I believe you are correct. The condo insurance (assuming it is covered in your condo fee, something you'll need to ensure) will cover the building exterior, and your renter's insurance will cover your contents (that part should be optional, I've never heard of a lender MAKING you take renters insurance to protect your personal property, they generally don't care about your property, just theirs!). Discuss it with your loan officer. Best of luck...Jim ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri May 25, 2012
Oggi Kashi answered:
You need insurance. You may try getting the best HOA policy you can for now, complete your refi and then shop for something more affordable.

If you need recommendations, just give ma a call.


Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed May 4, 2011
Oggi Kashi answered:

Would you like the contact info for a couple of great local insurance agents? If so, just drop me a line.

Oggi Kashi
Paragon Real Estate Group DRE 01844627
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun May 16, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
For a clear and accurate estimate of cost, contact any local insurance companies and ask for estimates--a lot will depend on location, size of property, personal valuables, etc.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 16, 2011
Voices Member answered:
Louis, I think you should spend some time checking on this map...

Read through all this info... ....
Browse thru these pictures for a few hours...

I think the honest opinion of most of the world is that when the Big One hits San Francisco in the next Thousand Years or Thousand seconds, what's the point of insurance unless you've left it all to cousin Joline in Denver where she is safe from the Tsunamis.

Good luck, Dunes
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice