Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in 94117 : Real Estate Advice

  • All34
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 15
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
It depends on if you are hiring them for the buying side or selling side.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 4, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi Soy,

Sounds like you have a lot of questions and might want to work with an agent, take a look at the listings available on Trulia:

Hope this helps!
Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 18, 2014
Though there are plenty of firns from individuals to large statewide mgt. cos. working the HOA mgt.
space, how they shop for services varies depending on board members, and who there other advisors are. Many may be surprised at how little most directors know about management. Often
Boards are not trained, or not well trained. As you know, most people resist change, so that makes
it hard for any new vendor/service to get a chance to serve them.

If you haven't already checked out, and, and other sites that serve HOAs, advertising there may help.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 9, 2012
David Tapper answered:
The best thing you can do is hire a professional to help you through the process. Trying to lean on the fly can be a very expensive mistake. If you don't know what you are doing, you have no business doing it.

Good luck.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Ellie Kravets answered:
Dear Lynn,
My business partner Ksenia Jury and I are from Russia (we have connections in Moscow & St.Petersburg) and we would be happy to help you.
Please contact us at or ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 12, 2012
Faye Dibachi answered:
I had a client use this and they were pleased.

Filled out the form and they will contact you.

Faye Dibachi (Lic: 01349520)
Zephyr Real Estate
Agent Since 2002
Primary: 415-577-0050
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 13, 2015
Lance King answered:

If your question is how do you find out if the realtor is licensed, you can look them up on the Department of Real Estate website -

If you have some other question about specific behavior being abnormal or something like that you need to be more specific.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
This is really a question for a Financial Advisor; someone who know all the alternatives.
We can give you some ideas about Real Estate, but that certaining does not cover all the possibilities.
Historically, I am well founded in recommending Real Estate, except for the fact that we seem to be in a different period right now; we have a lot of things going for a recovery, but we have a few that are not.

What would I do if I were in your shoes? I would put some, but not all in Real Estate. Keeping some in cash for an emergency seems wise right now.

Las Vegas has the most attractive prices, but the ecconomic situation seems to be the worst in the West.

The Bay Area seems to be the most resiliant, but it is also the most expensive.

I am in the Fresno area; I like the prices and the leverage that you could enjoy.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 20, 2016
Jed Lane answered:
This is one of the many bad things that can happen when people go through life not being on the up and up. There are many problems and pitfalls for you right now and really really the most important thing for you to do is contact an attorney. Try the rent board and see if they can help you but do not do anything eles till you get legal advice.

Next time have the landlord's permission to sublease or take on roommates. Then it becomes his responsibility to screen the tenant and they have a little recourse.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri May 8, 2009
Derek Joyner answered:
It sounds like you are doing a pretty good job. I might would pay an agent a little something to do a CMA(Comparative Market Analysis) for you. This will probably not be the last time you will be fighting the tax office. The real estate tax is where a lot of the government is trying to make up some extra money. They are raising your value not the tax rate. That way when you come and complain they can say well your value increased and we did not increase the rate. I read something the other day that said the government is planning to raise taxes by around 1.8 trillion dollars in the next 10 years. Which will pretty much double everything in the next 10 years on taxes. This is there plan for the money they have spent on this recession. So get ready you may have to do this again for the next 9 years. If you can find your old appraisal that might help to. They will say it is an old appraisal, but if you can get a real estate agent to give you or at least tell you what the appreciation rate has been since Feb 08 you might can use this. Hope this helped. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 5, 2011
David Tapper answered:
Yes you can. You should also get a pet deposit besides the security deposit. If you need help with a rental, I suggest you call Fay the rental queen. She specializes in rentals and screens them, runs their credit, and more importantly does a check list walk thru that is very impressive. www.Faytherentalqueen or

Good luck,

Dave Tap Tapper
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 10, 2008
Stuart asked:
My wife and I are looking at a home that is officially listed as having three bedrooms and three and a half baths. From a walkthrough, it is clear that there are four bedrooms. If we ...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 11, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
I have been in the leasing business for over 20 years here in Dallas, same applies here as a tenant agent, HOWEVER if you have a roommate most landlords PREFER NOT to lease roommates I own 25 properties shy away from a roommate suitation. YES PAYING MORE, higher deposits could work, however roommates are more transit vs. families who stay longer in a property. HOPE THAT HELPS, GREAT QUESTION.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 7, 2009
Sally Rosenman answered:
Dear Fred,

I would suggest you go to the website of David Gellman, an attorney who specializes in real estate law. His website has a lot of information about TICs, condos and TIC conversions. You need to be quite careful about all of the laws. They are far too many and too lengthy to discuss in this small space.

I would also go to the Mayor's website - - and go to the information on rent control. With regard to short term rentals, you need to consult the TIC Agreement for your building. They may or may not allow them. Renter's have a ton of rights in San Francisco that they do not have elsewhere. Please be truly prepared when you purchase!

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2008
Deborah Madey answered:
You need an attorney to answer your question. You can try searching for an attorney via a legal aid referral service. You need an attorney well versed in landlord/tenant law.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice