Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 94117 : Real Estate Advice

  • All37
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 157
Thu Sep 2, 2010
Dp2 answered:
You're in SF: get an attorney to handle that for you. What you're proposing is quite unsafe.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 22, 2010
John Juarez answered:
Sun Aug 22, 2010
Fran Rokicki answered:
Check with your town assessor's office and zoning officer. They would have updates on file of this property.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu May 2, 2013
Lance King answered:

This is a question for an attorney to answer. Your agent/broker should be able to give you a referral. If you are doing this yourself and need a referral send me an email.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 23, 2010
Maggie Hawk answered:
Check with your state Real Estate Commission, and also your local city government. If you're in residential zoning, it may not be a permitted use.

All the best,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 23, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
This could be a problem for some programs. being a 2 unit condo they will review your condo docs, budget for common expenses both long term like roof replacement and short term like lawn care and snow removal and your master insurance policy for the building and how it is paid.

It may not quailify for some loans like fha but some banks do have similar mortgages that it may quailify for depending on the strength of the buyer.

good luck with your sale
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 1, 2015
John Souerbry answered:
First, she can't keep you from viewing the property with buyers and agents. She has the right to receive notice of entry, but not to keep you out. She has no right to know the names of the agents and buyers, so you or your agent should not provide them. Check your lease document and section 8 contract - it should have words that say you have the right to enter the property with notice to show it to potential buyers. Second, if she is being such a pain, record her rants and use them as evidence against her. Check with your attorney, you may be able to sue her for telling lies that harm you financially. Finally, why haven't you evicted her or terminated her contract? If that's what's holding up a sale, you should discuss it with your attorney immediately. It doesn't seem that this is the type of tenant you want to pass on to another owner. ... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 8, 2010
Matt Puzz answered:
I am no expert but money spent on kitchens and bathrooms is money well spent. For the realtors out there, shouldn't a high-end home have high end appliances; it may sell the house faster or influence a buyer to offer more wouldn't it.

Matt Puzz
Citizens Choice Mortgage
602-410-9333 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              602-410-9333      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              602-410-9333      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              602-410-9333      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Oggi Kashi answered:
a few questions first if you don't mind:

1- is there parking and if so, what type (tandem, side-by-side...)?
2- any outdoor space?
3- any views?
4- what floor is your tic on?
5- is it updated?
6- any other features?

fractional financing rates have improved a little. 6 unit buildings are eligible for condo conversion through the lottery, however there are new developments in SF in regard to bypassing the system. by paying a fee (the city need money) the owners can start the condo conversion process and skip the lottery. if this happens, your property value should increase.

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 18, 2011
Patrick Lowell answered:
This is something that your Realtor should do for you. The largest expenses are commission and transfer tax. Are you using a Realtor?
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 5, 2015
Misha Weidman answered:
I've used Steve Gogol for years. He's thorough without being persnickety. There are some other companies out there who will make everything Section 1 in the Pest Inspection, and that will really complicate the financing. Lenders won't close until the work's been done.

Steve's number is: 415.333-9733. Tell him Misha sent you.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 26, 2010
Eileen Bermingham answered:
Hi John--Whether you decide to sell will have more to do with what makes sense financially. If you just purchased the TIC interest a year ago, it's likely it hasn't appreciated and you will have to cover key selling costs such as broker commission and transfer tax. Another important factor is what type of financing will need to be involved (i.e., is this an interest that would require a buyer to obtain fractional financing, or is it one that is situated in a two-unit building?).

You may want to look at renting out your unit, if that's possible as per the TIC agreement. That would be an immediate option. Buyers who purchase TICs are typically not expecting to move within a year, as TICs are a bit more challenging to sell now that condo prices have dropped.

I'd recommend running the numbers and seeing what you can afford to do. I'm sure any of the agents here, myself included, would be happy to provide a market analysis and some solid counsel.--Eileen
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 10, 2014
Nila Daya answered:
Main factors in choosing to hire a Realtor to sell my property would need to be Honest ,Experienced in the local market, Excellent negotiators, Readily available by phone or e-mail, Good communicators, Quick to return calls or emails, Friendly, Analytical, and Successful in getting results. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 10, 2010
Jed Lane answered:

First just a small correction. The "selling" agent is the one representing the buyer. The "listing agent is who you are asking about.
You have a contract with the brokerage no the agent. The brokerage will likely want to keep the listing and will work with you to assign anopther agent or address your concerns. Contac the manager/broker to talk. Also read the contract that you signed. Most of the time the tems will tell you what you can do and answer the questions like keeping the property off the market. ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 5, 2010
Glen Mitchell answered:
Hi Cate, email over description you are wanting comps on. # of bed and baths, size lot, type of home etc and I'll look up and email back comps.

Broker ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 21, 2010
Mike Ackerman & Oliver Burgelman answered:

I cannot speak to the commercial markets, however some fine homes are moving in the $2m - $3m category - finally... 2008 was a particularly tough year as financing collapsed and 2009 wasn't too much better. Prices adjusted downward in that price class and we are starting to see financing become available helping this price class move again.

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Mike Ackerman, CRS
Zephyr Real Estate - Noe Valley Office
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 22, 2016
Jed Lane answered:
There are many factors that will need to be addressed. The best thing for you to do is find out what your parcel is zoned now. If you can, determine the "use code" also. Then contact the planning department with your questions. If it is easy you cna follow through and get it done yourself. This would be if the parcel is zoned for residential and you can change the use code.
There can be so many issues that will come up like is it up to code and in habitable condition, is it in any of the restricted zones where the production, distribution and repair facilities take precedence. It could also be ini a zone where new offices are prohibited. If any of these are the case you might be able to apply for variance or conditional use and go forward. You also might need to make improvements and hire an architect, engineer or attorney. But no reason not to ask.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 11, 2010
Lance King answered:

Without knowing anything more about the property, I would say that the price and/or marketing campaign is flawed because if it's as unique and desirable as you say it would have sold. We have sold a number of these properties and would be happy to offer a no-strings opinion on price and marketing.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 23, 2010
David Tapper answered:
Tho only one who can or should answer questions about your loan is your mortgage professional. Anything else would be a guess.

Good luck.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 15, 2010
What was the reason, and did they get a denial from a lender? Assets alone to not get you a loan any more. You need was I call the CIA, Credit, income and assets. There are plenty of people who have loads of money, but have low credit scores. Others do not show enough income on tax returns. ... more
0 votes 24 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search Advice