Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 94108 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 974
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Lance King answered:

It's 85 days across the city, but it varies in different neighborhoods. There are also a handful that have been on the market over 200 days that is skewing the average. If you'd like to see a spreadsheet with a breakdown by neighborhood send me an email to

If you are considering selling such a property, who you hire, how you price it, and the quality of the marketing plan have a huge impact.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 2, 2014
Tim Moore answered:
I would not suggest doing it just to make the house more sell able to a buyer. If you added it in the past for yourself is one thing, some will love it and some will find it ugly.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Michael Cheng answered:
I'm confused about your situation. If you've purchased a short sale, then there no need to sign a rental agreement. In any case, what's your question?
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 2, 2013
Peter Century 21 answered:
Well, Eric, it all depends on the area and the type of home, and the answers vary widely.

In the Richmond district (depending on whether it's inner, central, or outer richmond district),
you can get a full five for much less than that, or in the inner richmond district it would be harder to be under 1 mil. to get a home with all the bells and whistles.

In the Sunset, these are cheaper and you can get bigger houses; of course, all the properties near the beach are going for less than the properties going towards inland.

For specifics, it's best to get a complimentary consultation with an experienced realtor.

I'd be happy to help people like you.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Gregory Karr answered:
Sat Feb 2, 2013
Steven West answered:
It depends on the auction. This process will not be like a standard purchase, but you still might want a real estate professional to help.

When looking for an online or in person auction property, you need to be prepared to pay the cost and associated fees in full. You will not be able to secure lending in these situations. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Helen Yuen answered:
No, renting is not selling the property. (Prop 13 is not about renting)
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Katie Wigington answered:
Hi Erin

TIC's can be tricky. You want to first make sure that the loan is fractionalized- and also just as important- or maybe more so- that you are VERY compatable with the other owners. Make sure you have a lawyer (I Recommend Andy Sirkin) look at the TIC agreement too. If all that works out then it's a good deal. Otherwise- walk away- to the nearest condo.

Katie Wigington
Bradley Real Estate
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Cindy Davis answered:
Big difference. A broker is the only legal entity that may conduct a real estate transaction. All agents must work for a license broker. Also, the broker typically has more extensive education and experience than an agent. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Lance King answered:
I don't know if it's illegal in and of itself, but the agent would definitely need to disclose that fact.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 6, 2014
Helen Yuen answered:
It can be a safe place to live if these pre-caution tips are taken seriously:

The top preventative measure is situational awareness.
Stick to well-lit paths and try not to walk around with your iPhone or iPad out, especially at night. Even though other items are being stolen, those are the top two mentioned in police reports.

If you’re concerned about this topic - There will be a Public Safety Meeting at the Korean American Center (745 Buchanan) for this neighborhood.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Sally Rosenman answered:
This is too much of a question for Realtors to answer legally.... Contact a real estate attorney is my suggestion. David Gellman, Stephen Lightfoot, Steven Adair MacDonald, Andy Sirkin...... please go to Resources on my website for a list of Real Estate Attorneys. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Cindy Davis answered:
An inspector who is thorough. I also use someone who as thermal imaging tools...the capacity to detect wet walls or problem wires has saved my butt a couple of times.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Dan Healy answered:
This is a great question.
I always encourage my buyer clients to treat the inspection process like a walking "owner's manual" for their new purchase. I think it's important to ask the inspector if there are any serious flaws that are likely to be expensive to correct. I also like to get the inspector's opinion on what items need immediate attention, what can be deferred, and what to look out for over time. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Jed Lane answered:
The appriaser is not going to report the non-permited improvements to the City if that is what you are worried about.
The added value will not be equal, on a dollars per square foot measure, as the permitted section of the property. It will add some value though just as it did to your purchase price.
In fact the base value of the property doesn't increase when the property is refinanced no matter how much equity has grown.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Toby Jackson answered:
I believe the rules are pretty clear - BMR units are to be owner-occupied only:

"BMR units are intended to be owner-occupied at all times and used as a principal residence for the duration of ownership."

Here's the link for the BMR program:


Toby Jackson
Better Homes & Gardens/Mason-McDuffie Real Estate
2200 Union Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
Mobile: 415-627-8200
Office: 415-921-0113
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Yes they may , but because Californianis a community property state. The spouse will need to,sign a Quit Claim Deed (Interspousal Transfer Deed) which states that they recognize the property is being purchased without their taking any interest in that property. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon May 18, 2015
Meir Aloni answered:
Real Estate is local; saying that, you can be a 1st time buyer only once...if you buy using any government or local assistance program, you most likely will have to prove you did not own real estate in the past 3-5 years....
Please contact me, and I'll put you in touch with 3 TOP local pros, who can guide you, locally.

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)
Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!
Direct phone# 954-338-5220
All Star Realty Inc.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 6, 2013
Kevin Ho answered:
There are a lot of considerations and factors that will impact FHA eligibility both on your end as borrowers and those concerning the property itself. Ones that stick out immediately, are credit history (or lack thereof) and which properties are eligible. One option you may want to consider are so-called census tract loans that allow similar terms but also lack the requirement that you pay mortgage insurances. These loans are only allowed in specific designated areas of the city, which happens to include the South of Market area. In any case, it's best to speak with a mortgage or bank representative. If you need references to some folks who are able to help you further. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Oggi Kashi answered:
One easy way would be for your dad to record a quitclaim deed. He'll be off the deed with no consideration so there should be no change in the property tax. And since this is not a sale, it should not affect the property market value.

Please consult your tax accountant to make sure there are no ramifications regarding their personal federal and state income taxes. Also they need to make sure there is a will in place since as the sole owner there is less protection from the government (compared to joint tenancy). In case your father is planning to purchase a new property as his primary residence he might want to take advantage of props 60 and 90 which allow homeowners to keep their old property tax basis on their new purchase.

There are many things to consider so their full long-term plans and goals need to be considered. Feel free to call me.

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice