Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Quality of Life in 93309 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Fri Jun 4, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Unfortunately, Federal Fair Housing Laws, prevent an agent from answering--visit a neighborhood several times and at different times of day to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached. If you are concerned about crime, visit/call the local police department, ask all your questions and hear all firsthand. See link for additional information.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 22, 2008
Mario Pinedo, Ccim answered:
Do you want to buy a business or would you consider buying the building too? You most likely would want to deal with the specialists of either business brokerage or commercial building sales. Let us know what you want and we can refer you to the right contact. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Rebecca Chambliss answered:
Yes, you have rights. There are legal time frames that you must be given to move. Usually no less than 30 days after you have been given notice to move in writing.. You need to contact your local housing authority to find out what the law is there, don't wait. You might also want to contact a local Realtor who can help you find a new rental. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2007
Mario Pinedo, Ccim answered:
There are many tenants rights organizations - look up one in your county and tell them the situation. Also, call your landlord immediately and tell him that you want a repair person at the house today. If not, then you will use the help of the tenant rent organization to sue him for not delivering usable living space to you. You may have rights to be compensated for the time you went without heat. Please contact the rent board in your area as soon as possible. They can give you good advice. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 5, 2014
Megan answered:
Hi Anna, I don't live in Bakersfield but have passed through a number of times. From what i've seen this is not really a place to live w/o a car.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice