Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 92869 : Real Estate Advice

  • All16
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Michael Emery answered:
The bank is only responsible for known defects that occurred during the time the home was in their possession. They wouldn't be liable for anything else as there is no way to prove they were aware of any defects that occurred prior to their owning the property.

And to further insulate themselves from liability, the bank sold you the home 'as is' with not guarantees or promises.

An example of a defect known while in the banks possession would be if the copper pipe was stolen after they foreclosed. They would have to disclose this fact - which in fact benefits them as once the buyer is aware of the defect they are assuming responsibility for repair of the defect as they purchased the home 'as is'.

You will need to talk to your insurance company. They may attempt to tell you it was a pre existing condition which limits their liability, unless you can prove that part or all of the damage is new.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Joe Homs answered:

The quickest way is to file for bankruptcy, but that is pretty radical. I would go to to get some information on how to do a short sale on your home. If that does not answer your question give me a call and I have some other legal ideas for you.

Joe Homs
Realty Partners
... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Emily Knell answered:
It sounds like possibly you owned a house & it was sold at auction but you want to know what the investor paid for it & they're telling you they don't have to disclose that?

I can't really say why I 3rd party wouldn't tell you what they paid, it would be a matter of public record, it doesn't make sense to me why they would try to hide that info.

I may not really be understanding your question, feel free to email me directly at;
562-430-3053 cell
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 21, 2010
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Hi Rita,
I have a copy of their new short sale guide. Email me at and I will forward you a copy.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 22, 2010
Richard Schulman answered:
Seeing as how you're in OC, I think you're referring to FastTrak, the toll road? See here for more info:

They charge by usage and it's tracked by a device in your car that you register for. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 21, 2010
Emily Knell answered:
I don't have any personal experience with Guild Mortg., but I'd like to refer you to a great website that's a forum for agents around the country, it's a great place to get information on anything short sale, there's also an entire discussion group dedicated to how much Equator is a thorn in our sides, I'm sure you'll like it. just create an account and post your discussion, I think you'll get more responses than here on Trulia.
562-430-3053 cell
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 7, 2010
WhaleyRealtyCRL answered:
If the owner has not been paying any of the money to the mortgage you should not be paying rent even before it foreclosed FYI. it from the bank? They offer a program called cash for keys. It isn't your fault the property foreclosed. They will offer you monies to help you move out and get a new place. So ask them.
If it is from the Owner....then ha ha ha..good try but to apple for him.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 25, 2009
Brad Davidson answered:

If it is your original mortgage for the purchase of your home, it is non recourse and the lender CAN NOT get a deficiency judgement against you. That is the law in California. Even if it's a refi the chance of the lender going for a deficiency judgement is infinitely small as they have to waive their right to a trustee sale and file a lawsuit against you to recover the property. It takes far longer for them to get the property back that way and gives you additional rights of redemption you don't have with a trustee sale.

Hope this clears it up for you.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Karen Parsons Fiddler answered:
I do have a great lawyer that I've recommended to a number of clients trying to avoid foreclosure...I'd rather not put it out over the internet...shoot me an email, and I'll get that name to you right away.

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 31, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
I do consulting across the country with many property owners in this situation. I have also provide tips on how work with the bank. You could have several options made available to you.

~ National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair, Mortgage Loan Officer
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Jackie Howard answered:
Mortage Broker can do business in any state that they hold a license. Ask for their license in the state that you may want loans done.
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Search Advice