Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 92833 : Real Estate Advice

  • All28
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 31
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Joe Homs answered:

There should be more inventory coming this summer, but the market is on FIRE right now with most propeties getting multiple offers and ALL CASH offers. Get yourself a great Realtor now so that they can explain what is going on and what strategies to use going forward.

Good luck,

Joe Homs, Realtor,
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Mary Arellano Garza answered:
my question was about these home
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 18, 2013
Glenn Gaspar answered:
Hello Sean, your questions are being removed from Trulia for a reason. What exactly are you seeking and please be to the point. Thanks!
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 8, 2014
Todd Foust answered:
Most likely no. There are homes like this of various types all over and most don't even know they are there. Besides that, never had a buyer say "no, not this neighborhood, there's a ___ home nearby" ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 2, 2012
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
HI Leina,

There is the Cedars in Fullerton. Call or email what other information you may need as I found only the Cedars.. Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 21, 2012
Thom Colby answered:
You might be asking about an Environmental Hazard Report or Natural Hazard Disclosure Report. The NHD is required by law in California when a proeprty is transferred.

The seller must provide the disclosure report. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 24, 2015
Brian Wilson answered:
Hi Ghenning,

My rule of thumb, if you have to ask if you should disclose something then the answer is to disclose it.

Does the HOA have rules against hard flooring surfaces in upstairs units now? I believe this might affect the price of the unit below.

Sorry to hear this agent gave the advise you mention.

Good luck,
Brian Wilson
DRE# 01321478
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 7, 2012
Rosina del Monaco answered:
Yes and No.
Yes : The listing agent should present the offer to the 3rd party involved ( the bank/s). Wait until the bank counters and let you know about the counter offer.

No: If you send a low ball offer and the listing agent knows that you are not even close to the fair market value, the listing agent might be reluctant to send your offer and take the property out of the market for 1 to 3 months until the bank counters when she or he knows that the bank will come with a counter offer much higher than your low ball offer.

Unfortunately there is no legislation on Short Sales only a set of programs, process, rules that sometimes are bent or adapted.

At the end the bank is always going to try to get a Fair Market Value and that your Buyer Agent can have it if he does a BPO (Broker Price Opinion) or even a simple CMA.

Good Luck with your offer!
... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Beth and Deb answered:
You must call the Association or the city to be sure. Also, whether or not it was different for the building phases.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 3, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
What is your agent advising...keep in mind that if the seller is conducting a short sale, he/she may not have extra money, but you can try asking; to consider, since it's up to the lender to decide to accept, reject or counter offer, not sure the lender would be willing to grant a warranty plan if included in your contract, as short sales are sold as is. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 27, 2010
Dp2 answered:
Assuming that you haven't accepted this counter-offer, then you could counter with your previous offer (that the seller accepted), or reject the bank's counter.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 1, 2010
Deborah Lombardi answered:
Action Property Management is the company that handles Amerige Heights HOA. They are located in Irvine, CA.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 3, 2010
John Nation answered:
It's absolutely possible. However they will not only consider his income, they will consider his liabilities. I can help with qualification as well as the sale of your current home. Please call if I can be of help. 949-235-5412 ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 5, 2014
Connie Bramble answered:
Hi Joel,
Are you talking about the small ones that just have people living in a home within the neighborhood? Most likely not at all. Unless there are constantly people coming and going and crowding up the street so there is no parking. I can't think of any reason a buyer would have a problem with a house being used in that manor as long as it was taken care of as well as the other homes in the area are. Are you having trouble with one in yuor neighborhood?
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Connie Bramble answered:
Hi Valerie,
There are many nice areas in Fullerton! Need a little more info. What type of home are you looking for? Vintage, Newer construction, custom, the city has so much to offer. What price range? I think you would benifit from a buyer consultation with an area agent. feel free to call.
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 19, 2010
Jason Peebles answered:
I can tell you that in the State of Texas, lease to purchase options do exist and they are not a scam. I have seen a few of them, but you have to make sure that the contract is exacting. You would hate to enter into a lease to purchase and find out at some point that the owner has changed his/her mind about selling to you. I would suggest to you that if you do go this route, have the papers looked over by a real estate attorney. Realtors do not give legal advice and here in Texas, it is best to have an attorney draw up these kinds of documents for this particular type of deal and would imagine that in CA, or anywhere else, having an attorney assist you would be in your best interest. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 28, 2012
Greg Haraksin answered:
I imagine you're looking at the home on Amerige.
If done without permits, the appraiser won't add value, and the lender won't take into consideration rents for qualification purposes. ... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 14, 2010
Aaron Zapata answered:
I've never run across that either and I don't know about the Tax credit on that specific situation with the failed loan mod and foreclosure. You should check with your CPA and see what he says. When you find out, I'd love to know. I'm glad to hear that the seller is going to finance them on the mobile home. Good for them! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 9, 2014
Karen Parsons Fiddler answered:
Hi, have recourse. You need to confirm all the facts with a real estate attorney, since I am not a lawyer. But since the neighbors mentioned to you that the sellers had this type of problem, then it's clear the sellers knew about it in advance, and it should have been disclosed, especially since it's such a large cost.

I would start by asking your Realtor to reach the seller's Realtor and ask for compensation. Then your agent can advise you on what to do next. The money they gave you for "plumbing repairs" does not take away their obligation to tell you all the problems with the home and this clearly is one.

Good luck with this....if you can't get an immediate result from the sellers...get an attorney's advice.

... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 30, 2009
Lars Nordstrom answered:
I would say it is. Keep in mind that they will have an idea of what's wrong with the home and won't cover pre-existing conditions, but it's always safe and wise to have
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice