Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 92804 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 134
Tue Dec 3, 2013
Michael Cheng answered:
It's nice to have such an addendum on paper. However, by itself it doesn't ensure anything. If the seller doesn't vacate as agreed, then you'll have to file a notice to perform and hope he complies. Or, you can retain a lawyer who can discuss your options available. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Julie Rice Thall answered:
It is unfortunate that your mortgage broker got a bit ahead of himself with your loan conditions. However, as you can imagine, it is highly unusual for someone to have not filed their 2011 tax returns, and not to know about it. I do not think that this error makes him unethical, just as you not knowing your that your 2011 tax returns were not processed does not make you irresponsible.

File your tax returns, wait a month for the IRS to have a chance to process them, and proceed with your refi. It sounds as it closing your Citi credit card is something you need to do in order to qualify for the refi, whether it be today or 2 months from now. The more time that passes between closing your Citi card and your refi, the easier the refi will be.

Good luck!
Julie Thall
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 2, 2013
Roland Vinyard answered:
You can leave the property (via the will) to anyone you like and they will receive any equity in it that you have. If she has been paying the mortgage for 8 years, it seems only fair to me to leave it to her. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Debbie Carter answered:
Hello Rick,
My is Debbie Carter Realtor since 1991, my number is (714) 305-2656.
Please call me aright away to help you.
Debbie Carter
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 18, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
From my point of view; I don't understand why you'd want to do this:
You are talking resking $200,000 to $400,000 (Anaheim prices) to buy a pig-in-a-poke, without Inspections, without Title Insurance, and with possible Liens:
Do you enjoy walking the plank?
Do you think the Auction house is concerned with your best interests?

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Glen Fenrich answered:
Anaheim is a sprawling and diverse city. The answer ti your question depends on where in Anaheim you want to be close to (why are you moving?) and what is your budget?

On a side note, you at want to remove your email address from your question. You may get a LOT of unwanted email otherwise. Let us answer you here and you can get I have touch with agents you choose. Just a thought. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 16, 2012
allan erps,ABR,SFR answered:
Not sure as my crystal ball is not functioning today. Will say, that in my area, the winter prices & fact there are less Buyers in the pool at that time will keep market flat or a tick down in my opinion. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 27, 2013
Michael Abram answered:
Hello Amir,

Look no further for a GREAT lender! I have access to many lenders that can get you a fantastic rate. Feel free to give me a call or email to discuss rates.

Michael Abram
First Capital Mortgage
NMLS #235060
Direct: (310) 434-1718
Cell: (310) 995-0975
Fax: (310) 451-6407
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Maria Cipollone answered:
You should get in touch with a reliable mortgage broker in your area and find out exactly How much you and your wife can get approved for. Mortgage brokers work with different banks and private lenders.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Harry Lee answered:
I have a list of 58 parcels available in Lagun Niguel, Dana Point & San Clemente.
Send me a request to and I will send you the list.


Smart financial decisions affect the quality of your life.
When you know how much we care about you, you'll care how much we know about real estate.

DRE #01408463
Park Place Estates
23832 Rockfield Blvd, Suite 125
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Direct: 949.290.5004
Fax: 949-334-2145
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Jeremy Lehman answered:
Most new construction I've seen is taking place in Irvine and north. I haven't seen anything in RSM in awhile. Here's a great resource for you...

Hope it helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Lori Hanson answered:
if you have gotten a three day notice to pay or quit and tou stay past the third day, the landlord can start the eviction. This will cost you the price the lawyer charges which is $575 (our lawyer) and will come from your security deposit. You also run the risk of it going on your credit so if you are buying it's not a good thing.
Hope this is what you are asking about.
Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
DRE 0145146
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 27, 2013
Michael Brownstead answered:
Hello Steven, if the agent whom you are working with refuses to show you a home, I would recommend speaking with him/her about it. If the listing agent has stopped allowing showings, it may be that the seller has ordered no more showings for a specific reason. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Mahesh Patel answered:
There are manynsmall employers in Anaheim, one of the biggest employers are Disneyland and the convention center. They are also the feed work to all the hotels, restaurants and related companies.

They are have a lot of manufacturing, high tech and office companies.
You can visit for general info about anaheim and also tomget any idea ofmthe home price ranges...
You can always call or email me specific questions..
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Jeremy Lehman answered:
Pretty simple. You need to get in touch with a lender. Be prepared with last 2 pay stubs, 2 months bank statements, and last 2 tax returns. Any agent on here can refer you a lender if you need a reference. Just ask.

Best of luck
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Cindy Davis answered:
What you're talking about is a refinance of your home - You need to see a mortgage broker to discuss this.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Libardo Quintero answered:
Can you give mayor crossing streets?i
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Todd Foust answered:
I'm not a lender but my experience has been that the lender will want to use lower of the two parties credit scores if two people are going to be on the loan. Also, I think that FHA will require 2 years post short sale and a minimum FICO score of 680. Lastly, if he has a home being rented out, he'll probably have to show rental agreements with his tenants to avoid paying the the higher investment property interest rate.

So all that being said, it looks like he can be a cosigner if his credit is good after the 2 year mark and he can provide rental agreements to document that it isn't a primary residence. Until then, you may be on your own.

I'm sure a lender with better specifics will chime in here as there are often options and catches. These are just the broad strokes based on what I'm used to seeing.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Jonathan McGovern answered:
Amir, ask your friend if He (or She) has ever preformed this Commercial Real Estate No-Money Down Transaction and if so have them walk you through the steps on how to do it. While I have done many real estate transactions structured without a cash down-payment, the purchaser was always strong in the 3 C's of underwriting: CREDIT, CAPACITY, COLLATERAL.

If you are currently unemployed, I can only hope that you have great credit and a large trust fund to balance out the lack of income.

On a positive note, you can look for properties owned by "don't wanter's" who will accept an owner financing arrangement that does not require any bank loan at all. But still you will need some money to repair such a property to a rentable condition. Most "don't wanter" properties tend to have physical or financial problems that need to be fixed before you can expect someone to rent them. If you can find such a deal, be careful of the price. Anaheim may be too pricey to get this deal to bring a positive cash flow. Stay open to one-to-four unit rentals, they are more abundant and easier to get a loan on should you want to refinance later.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2012
John Arendsen answered:
You need to speak to a lender in your area. Or you can ask "Shane Milne" on Trulia. He's a very knowledgeable lender and will definitely be able to lead you in the right direction.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice