Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 92626 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 36
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Tim Kunze answered:

If the loan was non-assumable, then how did you assume it? If you have not assumed it, only agreed to do so, then it is impossible for you to fulfill the agreement and the seller cannot hold you to it.

Just where in the buying process are you? Did you not have a Realtor(r) representing you? Even when buying a FSBO, you should still have someone representing you - if that's the case.

Contact me and let's see where you are and what can be done.

Tim Kunze, Realtor(r)
Focusing on ... YOU!!!
Huntington Coast Properties
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Sean Flynn answered:
Only if the sellere new about it and didn't disclose it throught the TDS. Let me know if you need any furhter information. 714-675-5283
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Lori Hanson answered:
You can use 1.5% for a estimate of closing costs. Your agent can help you with this as can your lender for the lenders fee's.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Laura Coffey answered:
Santa Clarita has many nice areas to live in: Canyon Country, Castaic, Newhall, Saugus, and Valencia. There is also Stevenson Ranch which is unincorporated but near by.
The Plum Canyon area you mention is in Saugus. There is two builders out there doing new construction. You have to be careful though because KB has a CFD charge of about $5K - $7K a year on top of your regular taxes. Shappell does not have the extra tax.
There is areas in Canyon Country that are really nice and some areas that are much less desirable. I am very familiar with all of Santa Clarita and specialize in buyers.
Canyon Country is divided into tracts with some having a CFD (an extra tax) and some not. Please feel free to check my link to homes available in Canyon Country.

And my website:

Please let me know if you would like me to interview for the job as your Realtor. Thank you.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Claudia Muller answered:
With FHA you will be qualified to purchase two years after the discharge of your Chapter 7 bankruptcy . You may qualify after 1 year of successful payments on a Chapter 13 BK.

Most likely best for daughter to purchase as a first time homebuyer.

These answers based upon the very limited information given.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 27, 2013
Sally Grenier answered:
Try contacting a local realtor directly (NOT through Trulia). Any agent is going to have access to your local MLS system, which has the most up to date listings. Trulia isn't the best source. Many time listings are under contract, or sold weeks ago. ... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Tue May 8, 2012
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
Hi Jaytee

Give me a call and I can help you and give you some ideas of what you can do..
Talk to you soon,,

Ingrid Ski Realtor
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Daryoush Anvar answered:
It is illegal to say bad thing about neighborhoods. For example as you pay more money you end up going to better neighborhoods. For a single family resident prices go from $350K to a $850K and more .

If I can be further assistance please give me a call at 714-335-7155
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Jade & Danny TheSoCalLifeTeam answered:
Good morning,
Yes there are. We are happy to recommend you to a few lenders that can assist you.
Please feel free to give us a call at 949-246-2078 and I will be happy to get you in touch with the appropriate lenders.

We look forward to assisting you further in your home search.


Jade Beardsley - The SoCalLife Team
First Team Real Estate
Facebook: The SoCalLife Team
Ca DRE license - #01205251
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun May 20, 2012
Michael Folgheraiter answered:
This property is currently in back up. If you need additional info on homes currently available in the Costa mesa are please feel free to call or email me.

Mike Folgheraiter Residential Mon, Apr 9, 2012 12:55 PM Ref: 1
SFR Detached RES Backup Offers 2450 Elden Ave B Costa Mesa (CM) Price $624,900

East Costa Mesa (C5) Zip 92627-7435 TGNO 889B1
Orange County (OR) XSTS Elden Ave / Monte VIsta / Santa Isabel Aerial Map

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 25, 2016
Brian Head answered:
The "Rent to Own" also known as "Lease with Option to Buy" process is great if you can negotiate the right terms with the seller. In any real estate transaction you should have a real estate professional involved in the process for your protection. Until your on Title your still just a tenant and only have tenant rights. And, if your not on Title you really have no idea of whats happening with the Title. Now, with that being said, I've seen many different types of situations where the seller allowed the buyer to put a portion of the rent towards the down payment and I've seen situations where a buyer thought he was working towards a purchase but the mortgage wasn't being paid by the seller and the home went into default. Try to make arrangements to be involved with the Lender. Insist on making the payment directly to the Bank. Have the Seller sign an Authorization form so if you have questions for the Lender you can call them directly. These are the types things that a Real Estate Professional can protect you from. Also remember that the longer terms you can get, the better. Try to avoid a 1 year option, always go for 2 or 3 years, if you can get 5yr option, even better.
Be sure the terms of the purchase price are in line with the market value at the time the home changes Title. Who can really say what any home will be worth 2yrs let alone 5yrs from now. In this market the house could decrease in value. Be careful on who has the property tax obligation and insurance liability. Since your not on Title you cannot get a Homeowners insurance policy in your name. Your still a renter until your on Title. There are several other issues with this type of transaction so i can only say these two words. Buyer beware.
I'd be glad to consult you through this process if you need help.

Brian Head, Realtor
Joel Feinstein Law
949 306-3556
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 22, 2012
Bob Phillips answered:
If the tenant and the outgoing owner have a written lease, the new owner USUALLY has to abide with the terms of the lease. There are a few exceptions, primarily if the outgoing owner is being foreclosed out of the property.

Even then, the new owner has to give at least 60 days notice - I think - before he can get the tenant to move out - UNLESS - the original lease might have ended, before then. It can get a little complicated, but usually, a tenant with a written lease is protected.

Of course, things are always open to re-negotiation.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
Hi Single Mom,

How can I help you out? Call or email me about this property.. Talk to you soon...

Ingrid Ski Realtor
First Team Real Estate ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 21, 2012
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
Hello Victoria,

I will talk to you soon.. Thank You

Ingrid Ski Realtor
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 4, 2011
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Trung,

I looked in the MLS for Elden Avenue in 92627. There are 2 condos for sale but the units have numbers, not letters. Also, neither of them are in default. I'm not sure what property this is that you're referring to?

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 29, 2012
Brian Wilson answered:
The problem you have is a seller who is likely in financial trouble and is basically living in the home for free. Normally you would go to your Realtor and they would go through the other Realtor. Since it is a short sale the sellers Realtor is kind of stuck, they can call the bank for an update but may not get a good answer that will satisfy either seller or you.

I don't believe you talking with the seller will do anything other than make you feel like you have done everything you can. Looks like they are planning on dragging it out for as long as possible. Really they have just started, you are in for a long ride if you only focus on this house.

I would suggest finding another house with real sellers, more bluntly, move on. There are some short sales I believe will never actually sell until the bank takes them back and lists them as a foreclosure. That may happen here but if the home is under priced now to get your offer which stalls the auction it will be at a different price.

Good luck,
Brian Wilson, Realtor
DRE# 01321478
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Jeanne (Genie) Barfield answered:
Some agents charge a fee from the buyer when they sign a broker agent agreement with a buyer. Some don't.
Remember that an agent is going to feel better about the relationship if he/she feels that you are committed to work with one person. Agents are reluctant to work without an agreement. A buyer who is not signing the agreement gives the impression that they will go with more than an agent. We are paid by commission only, if we do not sell, we do not earn a living. I, myself get a signed agreement by do not require for a buyer to pay anything, where the $$$ amount is supposed to go, I write good faith. I also will release a buyer from the (usually 6 months) agreement if I feel that the buyer is no longer comfortable working with me (so far it has not happened). I do not want to keep someone into a "relationship" not working out. It can only go sour. You need to have a good feeling about the person who is going to represent you. Remember one thing, an Agent is not supposed to tell you what to do, but is supposed to provide you with all the information and knowledge you need so you can make the best decision for yourself. An agent can also recommend a professional loan officer working for a reputable establishment. If you are looking at houses on your own you are going to open yourself to possible mistakes (which in real estate can be huge) and situations where you won't know what to do without the proper advice. If you have an agent working with you it will make the procedure a lot easier. You can have a buyer/broker agreement in which you can add more verbiage, as to you reserve the right to termite the agreement if you are not content with the service provided, and other terms you might entertain.
One big no-no, don't have an Agent find you a property, show it to you, advise you, and then termite the buyer/broker agreement to go being the agent back and negotiate with someone else (including the seller).
You would not like to be working for a couple of weeks or a couple of months and have your boss tell you, sorry, I am not paying you. You are in a good position. Just be a little trusting, the majority of real estate Agents are honorable people. Go with a Realtor, (this means your agent belongs to the National Association of Realtors, and have a code of ethics to abide by), you would not think of using a lawyer who doesn't belong to th ABA, would you? I hope I helped you a little with my answer. If you want I can refer you to a Realtor from Keller Williams in your area. Let me know.
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 26, 2016
Joe Homs answered:

You would need to clarity your question further. If you are talking about "assuming a loan," that is possible with condtions. If you want to "transfer" the mortgage to anohter property entirely, that is NOT possible. Let me know if I can assist you further

Joe Homs
Realty World
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 22, 2011
Sinead McAllister answered:
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 2, 2011
Shane Milne answered:
"Best neighborhoods" is subjective depending on what you are looking for. Tons of homes have pools, not a ton have views because Irvine is a relatively flat area unless you are on the edges (Turtle Rock), and then if you have a view of anything, it's going to be of the city of Irvine (which is a clean looking city, but probably not the "view" you were thinking of). Just go go Google maps, Irvine area, and hit "Terrain" and you'll see how flat it is.

If you want a home with a pool and a view that won't break your bank (like talking over $1,000,000 prices) then Laguna Niguel & Aliso Viejo will have what you are looking for, but the views are canyon/vista views, nothing of the ocean. Same in Ladera Ranch, however sections of Foothill Ranch & Rancho Santa Margarita will have peek-a-boo ocean views, with a pool, but the ocean is waaay in the distance. Even Costa Mesa (which is where you posted this) doesn't have any views, as it's mostly flat. In Newport Beach, "Eastbluff" neighborhood would possibly have pools (I am not sure if the homes there) and the ones near the edges of Upper Newport Bay may have a bay view. San Joaquin Hills neighborhood of Newport Beach/Newport Coast also will yield some really nice canyon views (but you are talking about over $1,000,000 I'm sure). A little further north in the Cowan Heights neighborhood of North Tustin boasts some incredible views and there are homes with pools... very eclectic neighborhood, custom homes, older area, one of my favorite in inland OC.

Obvious choices are any beach city (Dana Point, San Clemente, Laguna Beach, Corona del Mar, Newport Beach), but for a pool and a view in a beach city you are probably talking $1-2,000,000 for starters, in those last 3 city's more like $3-4,000,000 for starters). Granted I am not a real estate agent, so these price points could be a bit off.

Hope you are able to find what you are looking for, and if you are looking at south OC my own real estate agent was great and I'd be happy to pass along his info to you if you wish.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice