Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 92620 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Sun Oct 21, 2012 asked:
E-303-353 11281 Chapman Ave Garden Grove Ca 92840 postponed to 11/19/2012
when will you update your web site to reflect this change?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Who filed the notice of default? You will need that entity to admit their mistake and file a retraction. I suspect that entity will e CitiBank. I am so sorry to say you may need an attorney to do that. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 16, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
Take the paperwork down to the local IRS office;
I have found them very helpful.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 14, 2011
Linsey Planeta answered:
Hi Amy,

I'm not seeing an address attached to your question...
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Alisha Chen answered:
Hi Dilinger:

Do you mean you are looking for a place to purchase and stay there for 15 months...then to rent it out after wards? Alisha Chen (626) 715-0992
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 26, 2010
Karen Parsons Fiddler answered:
Oh Jim,

This is above my pay-scale and makes me very nervous. You need to contact a good Real Estate attorney before doing anything like this. You could easily end up with nothing....

Good luck...let us know what you find out.

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 15, 2010
Thom Colby answered:

You should not "let one foreclose".

Find a very experienced short sale Listing Broker / REALTOR (like myself). If you short sale one or both, you will have some control over the losses and may even be able to work an arrangement with the bank such as a Short Sale or Deed in Lieu. DO NOT PAY ANYONE IN ADVANCE TO DO A SHORT SALE OR A LOAN MOD. Also, if you use an experienced Short Sale Listing Broker / REALTOR, there will be no additional charges for the negotiations as it comes from the commission. DO NOT USE 3rd party negotiators that are paid in a fee in addition to commission.

Best of luck,

Thom Colby
Broker & REALTOR
Orange County, CA

Read the Testimontials on my website
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 30, 2009
Bob Phillips answered:
Both my lender and I are experienced in VA transactions. Check out my free MLS search site at:

And my lender's site linked below.

Good luck in finding your new California house! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 13, 2012
Joe Homs answered:

Send me your email and I will send you the foreclosure list for Orange County. California is in the top three states for foreclosure difficulties right now. Not really proud of that, but a reality. Good for buyers market conditions. You can go onto my webisite and create your own search or you can call me. My website is also linked to the schools and crime statistics for all of Orange County.

Joe Homs
Realty Partners
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 30, 2008
Linda Carroll, Realtor answered:
That depends! Some pre-foreclosed homes are listed, just like any other home for sale. Also, there might be some FSBO pre-foreclosures that are showing their homes.

Are you working with an agent, or are you looking from a foreclosure list?

Sometimes when folks are faced with foreclosure, they hide from the world. It can be embarrassing and hurtful to deal with losing your home, your dreams, all the work and time that you have put into it. And usually foreclosure is just one piece of a sad period in someone's life. It often accompanies illness, accident, death, loss of work, or divorce.

In these cases many people just let the house go, because they simply can't deal with the decision-making on top of the emotional stress. Sometimes they leave the state and start over.

So, in many cases, it can be very hard to get in contact with the Sellers of a pre-foreclosure.

Did this help? Best wishes,
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Eve Friske answered:
Hi Hans,
I would suggest that you get in touch with a realtor that works with buyers and discuss with him or her what your plans are for home ownership. As a realtor in Orange County that works with buyers on purchasing foreclosure homes and consulting with them on their long term goals of home ownership I would be happy to discuss with you any questions you may have. Feel free to call or email me so that we can discuss what it is that you are hoping to do.
Warmest Regards,
Eve Friske
Prudential California Realty
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 28, 2007
Rita Bradley answered:
Public Records indicate that the property was sold by TD Service to a private party. I could be mistaken but I believe this is a company that handles foreclosure properties. Please email me if you have any more questions. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice