Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

92397 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Randy Ward answered:
With a sizeable down payment and good credit, you should not need seller financing. Any lender should be able to finance. Seller financing is not easy to get and would place you in a weaker negotiating position. Stop by and see me or call anytime and we should be able to work out a better strategy. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Stan Boehm asked:
Fri Aug 31, 2012
Marie Souza Team answered: ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 2, 2012
Mike Green answered:
There are certain area that are known as flood zones. That is areas that are considered below flood stage when water rises with a lot of rain in a given area. When people live in these areas insurance company's will not insure home in these area. So the fed government has a provision for a homeowner to get insurance for their home. It cost about 3 to 4 times as much as regular insurance but you must have it for the mortgage company's
Mike green
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 26, 2015
Asha Ramirez answered:
Since the drought, there isn't as much water in Jackson Lake as there normally is. But, I was recently in Big Bear, and even there lake is very low. Although I am not one who fishes, I've seen people fishing in Jackson Lake, even with lower water levels. We are a much smaller community than Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead, and so much easier to get to. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Randy Ward answered:
I think you mean McClellan Flats. As far as I know, there is no Camp McAllen. Yes, it is very safe. It is in LA County, meaning the LA County Sheriff patrols the area. There are many people who check on the area and as there are only 14 cabins, all owners know the others. They do check on each other too. But, in general, as with the rest of the Wrightwood area, there is almost no crime.

One thing to also note, by regulation you are not allowed to use the cabins as your principle residence. So, if you are thinking of "moving" there - don't.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Krittwage asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Jesse Dixon answered:
Yes, VA loans are government secured and available nationally through any public lending institution.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 14, 2010
Cali-mom answered:
Yes, my son and his wife just closed this month with an FHA loan. They got a loan out of Wells Fargo in Victorville. So it can be done!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 29, 2010
Brian Stanley answered:
A FHA loan can be originated anywhere in the country but he amount of the loan is restreicted by county limits set forth by HUD. IF you go to it will take you to HUD's website page that detemines max loan amount in the county you are looking at.
Please let me know if I can help you in anyway.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 14, 2010
Mission Viejo Real Estate by Valorie Stover answered:
It isn't usually the zip code but the property it self that is the problem. FHA has rule on how houses are built, material used and such. Check with a lender for FHA and they will know. I have the same problem on some properties that my client can qualify for but they aren't FHA approved. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 29, 2010
Randy Ward answered:
Ridgecrest is quite a distance. My suggestion is to plan ahead and arrange to see other houses also. This house was sold in March this year and is not available. A common problem I see with people looking at the various real estate websites is that these sites reflect any filing against a house including a simple Notice of Default (triggered by a late payment). Yes, that is a stage of the Foreclosure process. However, even if the house has truly been foreclosed it does not mean the house is available for sale. The banks typically have another sometimes lengthy process before they are ready to sell it. The best way to find a foreclosed or "Bank Owned" property is to contact a local realtor and get a list from them. It will save a lot of wasted time and effort. You can watch these sites, but call a realtor before you drive that long distance. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 8, 2010
Diane Wheatley answered:
Sure! If you are fond of the mountainous locations in the Southern California. I have clients purchasing property there all the time for second residences, vacation homes or primary residences. And most of those clients I've dealt with are retired. It is all about what YOU like. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice