Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91601 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 48
Tue Apr 2, 2013
James Sanchez answered:
All cash would be around $300k. Banks don't lend on homes without a heater system. Go to Home Depot buy a wall heater and increase the price to $340k-$350k.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 17, 2014
Al Goldberg answered:

Email me and I will send you the contact info of someone who used to be a planning and zoning official that is semi-retired that handles problems like this.

Al Goldberg Broker
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
John Byers answered:
That depends on the type of financing, type of building, and whether one of the units will be occupied by the owner. If it's a 1-4 unit building and the owner is occupying one of the units, you should be able to write off the mortgage interest. The topic of the 'fiscal cliff' addresses whether we will still have the mortgage interest deduction so let's pray both parties reach an agreement soon! :) ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 11, 2012
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
Ok- thanks for this info!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 10, 2017
Ron Thomas answered:
Sure; whatever you and the Seller agree to:
On some REO's and Shortsales, the Banks are very agreeable to long Escrow;
I guess they need that long to get their ducks-in-a-row.
If you're worried about it; either put down a DATE, instead of the number of days, or, put down 88 days. (At that point in time, you really don't know when the clock will start.)

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Tina Lam answered:
Safe is a relative word. You should look up local crime statistics and make the determination yourself. Check out
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 15, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
You are asking for a legal opinion in which case you need to ask a lawyer. If you want a personal opinion I'd say if you are on the lease you can stay in the rental since you are partially obligated to make the payment. Renting or living with friends often gets bad - done that, been there. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 30, 2016
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
North Hollywood $400-550k depends on location and other features.
Studio City $900k + depending on location , view, size of the lot , etc...

Contact me direct and I'll send you all available properties.

Thank you for your time!

Should you have any questions - please do not hesitate to call me Toll Free 1-855-TRUST-55 ext.777 ( 1-855-878-7855 ext.777).

Sergey Fednov
Trust Sale Realty
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55ext. 777
Toll free: 1-855-878-7855 ext. 777
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925
* We Hire California Licensed Realtors - 100%
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Alain Picard answered:
There really isn't a rule of thumb for whether or not a HOA will allow larger dogs. Some will and some won't. You will just have to ask the manager of the HOA of the condos you are looking at. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 26, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Hi Novel - There are still 'stated income' loans available for the self-employed but you will need a much bigger down payment and you will pay a higher interest rate. It is unfortunate but all the new regulations for the banking industry have targeted small business owners and the self-employed. It's a shame, we are killing "the goose that laid the golden egg". I wish I had better news, but until we wake up in this country and stop punishing people for being successful, this is the way it's going to be. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 25, 2013
Mike answered:
You may be able to sell as is without reconversion.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 29, 2015
Gerard Balian answered:
Hello Peter,

How family friendly is 91601? Well there are some pockets that are nice and I would happily live in. But of course as we all know, there are some parts that are not quite as nice and me personally, I would not live in

Hope that was the answer you were looking for
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Unfortunately only you can decide the downpayment amount based on your financial comfort level. Keep in mind that short sales are sold as is, and generally lenders don't agree to make or credit any repairs. As for purchasing, or walking away, again a decision only you can make based on your finances, wants, needs, lifestyle, will you be happy living there, etc. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 25, 2011
Michael Gottlieb answered:
Hello Vanessa. What you need to check is your local rental code. That will give you answers to what animals are allowed. Typically most cities limit it to 3 small animals. Size limitations are more likely to be a rental stipulation than an actual code restriction when it comes to dogs and cats. You can check code enforcement here ( ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Matthew Bartlett answered:
Hi Jl,

CC&R's are typically ordered as soon as Escrow opens. Either the Escrow Officer will order them, or the Listing Agent's Transaction Coordinator. I recommend that you speak with an Attorney that specializes in Real Estate law. Be sure to bring all documentation from the purchase of your home with you. Good luck!

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 4, 2011
Teresa Krawiec answered:
Yes, generally speaking it is double. You will have to be ready to sign a quit claim deed.
The lender of your choice should advice you as they verify all details of your and you husband credit.
Please contact me if you would like any help or guidance.
Good luck,
Realty Executives Cornerstone
cell: 626-347-6281
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 17, 2011
Matthew Bartlett answered:
Hello Escrowq,

This matter will have to be spelled out in the Residential Purchase Agreement and agreed to by both Buyer and Seller. Consult with your Agent to determine how your offer should be written to satisfy both Buyer & Seller as well as to conform with Local & State rental/tenant laws. Good luck!

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 11, 2011
Monique and Joe Carrabba answered:
Yes . I love this area.
Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 16, 2010
Daniel Rangel answered:
State of California she is a tenant and has to be evicted accordingly. Try to work something with her outside of eviction. Propose to her on friendly terms to leave. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice