Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91504 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 70
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Tommy Lee answered:
Give me a call or send an email. I can help. There are currently 16 active rentals in Burbank. They range from $999 for a studio to $3600 per month.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594 SFC (Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified)
Premier Service® Professional
говорю порусски
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed May 29, 2013
Tommy Lee answered:
Hard to say without going there first and taking a look.

Please let me know if you want to see it or if you need help with any other real estate needs.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594 SFC (Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified)
Premier Service® Professional
говорю порусскии
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 25, 2015
James Sanchez answered:
Very common. ... seems like everybody and their long lost uncle are flippers now a days, paying cash.... actually using hardmoney lenders to buy the property all cash.... And yes hard money lenders are back.

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Cindy Davis answered:
Great question...

These are subjective terms that can mean the same thing or something completely different. As a buyer, whenever I see that, I would suggest asking the listing agent for specifics of what the home needs.

There are indeed different degrees of fixers ...some are merely outdated and need a 'face lift' and others have systems and house components that really aren't working. Thus, it's critical to get the facts of the home in order to truly understand how the listing agent is using the term.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Keith Sorem answered:
We work with people relocating and would be happy to help you if you are looking in the Burbank, San Fernando Valley area. should be a help, or drop us an email or call. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 25, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
It really depends on a number of factors. You say you have poor credit, does that include previous landlords? A good reference from your current and or previous rentals could be the difference makers.
Each landlord decides what they find acceptable. Some may not consider anyone with a blemish on their credit while others may be more flexible. You might look into section 8 for assistance; this is a program to help people in positions like yours. Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 3, 2012
Darin Chase answered:
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Tommy Lee answered:
Yes, go up to Kenneth and two blocks south. There is Joaquin Miller Park.

Please call or send an email if you need help with any of your real estate needs.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594 SFC (Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified)
Premier Service® Professional
говорю порусскии
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 14, 2013
DJ Bonner answered:
Yes, I have a lender that can help you. Please email me and I will put you in contact with him.
Thank you,
DJ Bonner
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
You should aim for private financing. There are a number of firms willing to market your note. It won't be cheap though. Expect to pay 9-13% rates, including the origination.

Lease to own is tough to work out and even if you find one, you're looking at close to 10% rates. Same with seller financing.

Buy to own obviously works, every time.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 25, 2015
Daina Burness answered:
There are conventional loans that allow for less than 20% down. There are FHA loans that allow as little as 3.5% down. I work in Burbank and Sherman Oaks. If you want to talk further just call 8182399599. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
Do you really understand how a rent to own works? You will have to get a loan to buy the house and if you can't you will lose more money. Save your money, fix your credit and then buy when you really can. Rent to buys are very limited in selection if you can even find one at all. With homes decreasing in value they are really tricky and there are many pitfalls that can cost you money. After a year you must be able to get a loan to buy the house. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 17, 2012
Georgette Clement asked:
We looking for elevator, wide doors and large bathroom. Thank you. Georgette
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Alain Picard answered:
As far as I know in Washington state if the manager doesn't live onsite then they must have a real estate license.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 25, 2015
Ron Thomas answered:
You probably should;
if you are an ethical person, and,
you want your deposit back.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 29, 2011
Don Tepper answered:
Check with a lawyer.

I didn't even know that delinquent renters had to sign the notice to quit. That's something sent by the landlord giving you the option to pay or quit.

If you mean that the notice was sent by certified or registered mail and that your husband signed as having received it, but you didn't, then it applies to you to.

The landlord's notice would apply to all parties on the lease (and to others who are occupying the property as well).

I don't mean to be flip, but if you don't want to move yet, then the solution is for you or your husband to pay whatever back rent is owing.

Check with a lawyer for more information.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 22, 2011
Linwood Fullam, III answered:
Yes permits are important. It is a buyers responsibility to investigate permits, but if you buy a house that is not properly permitted it becomes your problem. If you bring up that a seller does not have properly permitted guest house it should be corrected by the seller in a perfect world. In a short sale situation the seller doesn't have money to pay their mortgage, never mind invest in getting old work properly permitted. So buyer beware!

The punishment is if the garage burned down for example the insurance company may not pay for it if it was not permitted.

Burbank recently went on line so it's easier to research permits, and ask for information from the city. I incuded the web addtress.

About the blogger: Linwood Fullam is a Burbank resident and works as an Agent at Rodeo Realty in Studio City. Linwood lives near Bobs Boy Restaurant in Burbank, and enjoys running in Griffith park, dining in local restaurants, and local theatre at Falcon Theatre.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice