Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91436 : Real Estate Advice

  • All18
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 38
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Robert Chomentowski answered:
I would be happy to talk to you if you would like.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Lena Samigoullina answered:
You need to work with an agent who will be able to tell you if the property can be purchased with an FHA loan or not. I'd be happy to help you. I work with a lot of first time buyers. I have great lenders who can help you to get preapproved, Contact me directly either at my email: or call me at (310)625-9005.

Lena Samigoullina
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 30, 2012
Alyssa Fry answered:
I am guessing that you are looking to rent since you included "apartments" in your list? Would you also be interested in single family home for rent? Would you prefer to stay in the Encino area? I also live in the area so I am very familiar with it. I would be more than happy to help you but more details are needed. Please feel free to give me a call at (818) 268-8099 or click on my photo and message me. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 24, 2014
Sally Grenier answered:
All depends on the loan! 20% has never been a requirement. What type of loan are you talking about? You can put as little as 3.5% down with an FHA loan. But then of course you'll have a higher payment and also have to pay mortgage insurance. You can get a conventional loan for as little as 5%, 10% or 20% down. But anything under 20% you will have to have PMI (private mortgage insurance).

I have a great lender I can refer you to. Please contact me directly for her contact info.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed May 15, 2013
Chelsea Robinson answered:
I am! Pinterest--the land of a thousand lost hours!


Chelsea Robinson
Realtor - Rodeo Realty
Encino, CA ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 24, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Are you referring to a failure in communication?

I would consider that a very minor crime.

But then, I'm soft on crime and you see like a nice guy.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Angelo Fierro answered:
I say absolutely outdated. Makes the flooring almost look like tile & rooms look smaller. The wide plank white always makes the space look longer/bigger and, depending on the color, brighter. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 11, 2015
Barbara Grandolfo answered:
Hi Dancelara,

Escrow fees can vary with each different escrow company. In Orange County, California I have seen a range of $1.75 to $2.50 per thousand of the purchase price. Additionally, there is a commensurate base fee of $175 to $250. If you are trying to determine how much you will need to close your cash transaction, have your agent or escrow officer run a "net sheet" to show all the costs involved in your purchase.

Best of luck!

Barbara Grandolfo
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Deborah Garvin answered:
You could also start with a FHA counselor who is certified to do cost analysis for 203K renovation loans. I specialize in FHA 203K loans and there are many, many benefits of meeting with a FHA consultant prior to meeting with, or selecting, a contractor. First they will tell you what NEEDS to be done (if any) and then add on the WANT list. They will provide you a itemized report that will give you expected costs for the entire project that a lender would accept. This could assist you in selecting a contractor by having pretty concrete numbers for comparison. The consultant's fees are set by FHA and are pretty reasonable.

Of course, if you want any information of FHA 203k financing availability for your project please contact me via my profile. I would be happy to provide you any information that you may need. Best of luck to you.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 11, 2011
Dot Chance answered:
Don't be discouraged! What is your budget? I will be happy to search the MLS for you if you contact me.

All my best,
Dot Chance, Realtor®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
DRE License #01494182
Keller Williams Realty World Media Center

WHEN YOU THINK OF REAL ESTATE...Think! My business thrives from your referrals!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 26, 2011
Kobi Costa answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 21, 2011
Michael Abram answered:

The lenders I work with will require at least 20% down on a purchase this large. If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

Michael Abram
First Capital Mortgage
NMLS #235060
Direct: (310) 434-1718
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 31, 2011
Kim Noonan answered:
Now that you have a tenant in your Chicago home, it may affect your interest rates, costs, terms and option to cash out, since you are no longer an owner occupant.

Talk to an experienced reputable loan officer to help put the pieces of the puzzle together for you!

If you'd like a recommendation, let me know. I have an amazing loan officer who is based out of the northern suburbs, and he can help you Ben Franklin through your options.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Anthony Perez answered:
1) You bought this as a condo unit and the certificate of occupancy Apartment?

2) Were the other "attached" units bought and sold as condos?

If so then you or the seller can go to local B&S and request a change of occupancy, it should not cost anything it must have been an oversight, or there was never a final inspection on that particular unit.

It should not be any problem if the other units were changed.
If you need our services in any manner we can help you.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 21, 2010
Beatrice M. Stambulski answered:
Hello Angiestoneceo,

Yes, there are a few FHA approved townhomes/condos in Encino.
If you're working with an agent he/she should be able to confirm the FHA approval and inform you if those properties are within your price range.

If you have not selected an agent to work with yet, I am available to assist you.
I work with Coldwell Banker Sherman Oaks Office and I service many of the San Fernando Valley neighborhoods including Encino.

If you've been pre approved for a mortgage and are ready to find your "home", hopefully before the Tax Credit expires on 4-30-2010, please give me a call.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Beatrice Stambulski
Certified Negotiation Specialist
REO and Short Sale Specialist
Relocation Specialist

Coldwell Banker
Sherman Oaks

Cell (818)480-0776

DRE Lic # 1335053
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 21, 2015
Richard Schulman answered:
Call Eli Weinberger at Bank of America, 310-927-2467 - Tell him I sent you. He has worked with a lot of my first-time home buyers, including those getting FHA loans. He can help see if he can get you pre-approved for a loan.

Contact me too about the opportunities in the San Fernando Valley market - I am very experienced in that area and can help you find a great property and navigate the buying process. Give me a call at 310-482-0173 or email (and remember, using a buyers agent doesn't cost you a penny - the fees are paid for by the seller)

Look forward to speaking with you,

Richard Schulman
#1 Buyers Agent Keller Williams Los Angeles Region
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 22, 2009
Jodie Francisco answered:
It always slows down this time of year...there is still quite a bit of activity in the lower price of luck and happy holidays to you!

0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 21, 2009
Richard Schulman answered:
Try for a complete picture of the permitted areas of the house.

Richard Schulman
Keller Williams
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 13, 2009
Liliana Alfonso answered:
You are right, there are many short sales in the market. But there are REOs too. Maybe you can expand your search to Tarzana and/or Woodland Hills. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Liliana Alfonso
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice