Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in 91426 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Deborah Garvin answered:
You could also start with a FHA counselor who is certified to do cost analysis for 203K renovation loans. I specialize in FHA 203K loans and there are many, many benefits of meeting with a FHA consultant prior to meeting with, or selecting, a contractor. First they will tell you what NEEDS to be done (if any) and then add on the WANT list. They will provide you a itemized report that will give you expected costs for the entire project that a lender would accept. This could assist you in selecting a contractor by having pretty concrete numbers for comparison. The consultant's fees are set by FHA and are pretty reasonable.

Of course, if you want any information of FHA 203k financing availability for your project please contact me via my profile. I would be happy to provide you any information that you may need. Best of luck to you.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Anthony Perez answered:
1) You bought this as a condo unit and the certificate of occupancy Apartment?

2) Were the other "attached" units bought and sold as condos?

If so then you or the seller can go to local B&S and request a change of occupancy, it should not cost anything it must have been an oversight, or there was never a final inspection on that particular unit.

It should not be any problem if the other units were changed.
If you need our services in any manner we can help you.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice