Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 91360 : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Connie Rinaldi answered:
I believe they can as they are the new owners of that property through a foreclosure action. Along with taking possession of your home, they also got any loans on the property recorded before their Notice of Default and are now responsible for those payments owed currently and any back payments along with current and back owed property taxes. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon May 13, 2013
Barry Shapiro answered:
Attorney Caroline Phillips in Westlake Village may be able to assist you.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Lew Corcoran answered:
When you are in default on your mortgage, a Notice of Lis Pendens is usually filed by the bank or mortgage lender that is holding your mortgage. The Notice is filed in the county court in which your home is located and is the start of the foreclosure process.

Once started, nothing will stop the foreclosure process. There are actions that can be taken that can temporarily suspend the process such as bankruptcy. In addition, you can market your home for sale and hope to sell it before sheriff's sale.

You should speak with your attorney to see what actions are available and that you can take to slow up the foreclosure process.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 10, 2011
Lance King answered:
You are out of our area but both myself and our clients have had a tremendous amount of luck finding quality contractors on I would check any referrals you get there before hiring them. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Barry Shapiro answered:
Hi Bev,

Send me an email with the exact ADDRESS of the property, and I will look it for you right now on ... We subscribe to this service. Did you have an arrangement for the trustee sale to be postponed? ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 24, 2010
Zak Lovenson answered:
You can always try Recon Trust.. 800-281-8219
Here is the Assessors Parcel Number (APN): 663-0-420-155

If you have any other questions - let me know..

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 20, 2010
Martha, I don't think we are really clear about what is happening here. Did you have a loan on your home from a bank who we will call "Bank A". You wanted to refinance with "Bank B", were approved for a loan and signed the paperwork, but then exercised your right of recission before the end of the third day so the loan never funded. Now "Bank B" wants to foreclose on your property even though this loan is not really on their books. Is that correct, or is it something totally different than that? ... more
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 28, 2009
Vickie Layton, Realtor answered:
Your will first receive a Lis Pende. That means that you are behind in payments and foreclosure preceeding have started. When you get a final summary of judgment and sale date then you need to move out prior to the sale date. You can always hire a good realtor who knows how to do a short sale and stay in the home and let the realtor negotiate the short sale until closing. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 4, 2010
Jim Johnson answered:
HUD, VA and bank foreclosures all list with REALTORS, and they will not even talk to you before a property is listed. Tax sales are the only ones that do not.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue May 13, 2008
Bonnie Sterling answered:
Well, dont beat yourself up about it. It is pretty common in the market right now. As we discussed in a previous blog, you may be advantaged by your delay. Good luck!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice