Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91335 : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 34
Thu May 30, 2013
Susan Bo'ur answered:
To check for best schools visit
Please contact me directly for further questions.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 16, 2013
Ashot Grigoryan answered:
Is your question about FHA approved buildings for VA financing?


Ashot Grigoryan
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 5, 2013
Emily Knell answered:
Write an awesome cover letter about yourself, include a photo, go totally IT & do a short YouTube video on yourself. Try your best to meet the landlord in person. You're a worthy renter with a couple of hiccups on your credit, Sell Yourself!

I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

Emily S. Knell
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Irina Karan answered:
Hello Inna,

Magic would be nice...

In the past, when the market was declining and the property condition was very poor and detiriorating, and there still were comps for bpo that supported the value (at least 2 lower comps) - it could happen.

Otherwise - the banks are much better in evaluating the short saled properties now, so magic is needed more often...

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 28, 2016
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
You need to ask a CPA or tax preparer to be absolutely certain but I think there is an exemption for the first $500,000 of capital gain on the sale of your primary residence. But, like I said, double check that with an accountant, CPA or tax preparer. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 30, 2012
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
what is your question? Expand so we can give you a useful answer?
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- or Check out my website at htttp://
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Ashot Grigoryan answered:
Depends on your price range.

If you need more detail information,please let me know.


Ashot Grigoryan
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 16, 2014
Sonia Gardiner answered:

Can you please be more specific? Which city? How much you are looking for? What is your budget?
Let me know how can I help you.
Thank you
Sonia Gardiner
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 17, 2011
Richard Schulman answered:
Nothing is wrong with Reseda. In the Valley, homes tend to increase in value the farther South or West that they are. This is because these homes are closer to centers of employment like West LA and Downtown. The further you are, the lower the price.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Richard Schulman
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 19, 2011
Monique & Joe Carrabba answered:
Hello Marisa,

There are not to many lease to own options. When you do a lease to own option you are agreeing on a price now. A portion of your rent (usually above what you are paying for rent goes towards the purchase option.

You may consider just buying a home with an FHA loan for as little as 3.5% down.

If prices go down you aren't protected. Interest rates could also go up by the time you are ready to purchase you may not be able to afford it.
Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller WIlliams Hollywood Hills
(323) 899-2900
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 15, 2011
Richard Schulman answered:
The attorney I work with can handle this for you. My team specializes in situations like this. Give me a call to discuss details - 310-482-0173. You need to get going on this asap to save the house.

Richard Schulman
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 31, 2011
Cricket Yee answered:
Hi Vita, I thought it was, so be careful. I'd google the organization and go to the one that comes up. Are you trying to modify your loan? I have heard good things about this program, but they have strict qualification guidelines. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 14, 2010
Sue Wylie answered:
Hang on to your rent money. Make sure you know for sure that the bank owns the house.
Tell old landlord u know the bank owns it.
you can wait for the bank to ask you to vacate or you can sit tight and wait until they re-list it for sale.

A real estate agent will probably contact you.

the bank will sell the property - sometime it takes awhile for them to get an agent assigned.
Once that happens, they may or may not evict you.

You can try contacting the bank directly if you have a contact number on the notice u received.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Margaret Rodrigue answered:
Find a realtor that specializes in the town or area you are looking to move too AND relocation! I specialize in relocations in my area and I can tell you it's a whole different ball game than dealing with someone local. Do an internet search for relocation in that city and realtors that specialize in relocation. When you find someone good it will be a simple process. Lots of leg work on the front end and you will be okay. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat May 22, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Depends on your finances/assets--visit with any qualified loan officer(s) first, see if you qualify, see what your budget can handle, have your credit checked, etc., then go from there.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
Emelia Sanchez answered:
Your father in law may be unemployed but must have income coming in from somewhere. Which he used to get a loan. Could be pension, social security etc all acceptable means of income.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Roland Corral answered:
Yes you can Chris. I'm a Veteran too by the way... Thanks for your service! :) But believe it or not, the VA loan may not be your best option. Most people aren't aware that sometimes the government loans can have higher pricing, interest rates etc. The city or county your are looking in may have a first time homebuyer downpayment assistance program and it could be better for you to get a conventional loan and use that or maybe use the VA loan in conjunction with one of these programs. Most agents and lenders don't really know how they work and many lenders aren't approved by the particular government program. The trick is to find an agent that knows. I'm your man but I'm far away in Rancho Cucamonga. You're more than welcome to call me though and If I can't help you, I'll find someone for you who can. :) 909-917-6176 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 17, 2009
Ines De La Cruz answered:
Hi Jose,
You can use up to a maximum of $5,000 of the $8,000 tax credit in something that is call "pre-fund" at closing. Ask your loan officer if you qualify for other programs as the Smart Start and others.
Good Luck,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 27, 2009
Richard Schulman answered:
The reality is, there are a lot of all cash buyers at that price range. It always depends on the particular home. Every house is different. But in general most properties in that price range are getting multiple, offers and going at or near (or even above)asking price. Also, in general, banks will not look at offers more than 3-5% below asking price. If the property remains unsold, they may lower the asking price. There are many exceptions for heavily damaged properties. Please contact me if you would like to discuss this further, or look at properties.

Richard Schulman
Keller Williams Real Estate
(310) 482-0173
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice