Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 91326 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 16
Mon Nov 12, 2012
Alyssa Fry answered:
Any agent representing EITHER a Buyer or a Seller has a fiduciary responsibility to THEIR CLIENT!! Much as a lawyer represents their client to the fullest - so does a REALTOR®. The agent's role may differ per client /transaction if they have contracted to represent the Seller or the Buyer - but either way the agent TRULY AND 100% are to represent their client. Since you are specifying as a Buyer's agent , you can even sign an Exclusive Buyers Contract with your agent which would bind you to that agent as much as it would bind the agent to you. This process isn't used much anymore primarily because most buyers do not want to commit to one agent but any agent will gladly sign such a contract. So to be as clear as possible - A Buyers Agent or an Exclusive Buyers Agent is bound by their license, the REALTORS® code of ethics and law to represent their client, the Buyer in this case - NOT THE SELLER. The entire purpose of being an agent is to be an impartial legal representative of your client in a legal contract to buy or sell property. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun May 17, 2015
Laura Coffey answered:
There are a few agents in California that work strictly with buyers. Most agents work with buyers and sellers but that does not mean they would not be working in your best interest.
Having a fiduciary duty to a seller in a transaction to be fair and not lie should not be construde with an agent not being a shewed negotiator and looking out for your best interest.
The only time I would be worried if I were you is if you bought a house straight from the listing agent.
If you are worried start by using a ABR agent. Go to
Good luck.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 25, 2016
Ron Thomas answered:
This would be like trying to paint a wall with a paint roller in each hand:
Do you think that one Realtor would have access to LISTINGS that the other Realtors do not have?
Do you think that this smacks of LOYALTY on your part?
Would you like to be treated like that?
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Hi Sweet,
I am assuming you used the SSA or Short Sale Addendum when writng the offer. Item 1 A states the contract is contingent upon the seller delivering to buyer the lenders consent. Item 1 C states that seller will deliver to buyer a copy of the lender approval letter within 3 days. Please confirm that you used the SSA.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 5, 2011
Michael Abram answered:
That's a great question. You may want to consider buying somewhere in the San Fernando Valley. I suggest talking to a realtor to determine the best possible options for your price range. If I can be of assistance in getting you pre-approved, please let me know.

I recommend contacting a fellow real estate agent that I work with. His name is Brandon Douglas and he works in the Coldwell Banker Beverly Hills office and has knowledge of the area. His email is and his number is (310) 801-1333.

Michael Abram
First Capital Mortgage
NMLS #235060
Direct: (310) 434-1718
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 8, 2010
Barry Shapiro answered:
Hello Mehran,
The answer is quite subjective and involves a plethora of factors:
1) How loud is the airplane, jet, etc.
2) What time of day (or night) is it flying overhead
3) What direction is the airplane flying in
4) Are there any natural sound absorbers (mountains, trees, shrubbery, freeways)
5) It the property on a raised foundation or a slab
6) Is the property attached or detached
7) Is there attic insulation, dual-paned windows, etc.
8) How acute is the hearing of the person affected by the sound
9) Are there other sounds masking the jet noise (radio, lawn mower, car engine, train, etc.)
10) Check your local airport and the FAA to obtain more info on this subject.

There are seniors living in Leisure Village, Camarillo who are directly below a flight path, and a large percentage of them never notice the air traffic activity sounds.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Shel-lee Davis answered:

You have not indicated what house in your question. If you provide an address, perhaps someone will be able to help you. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, CDPE
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 9, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Your agent should be asked this question directly, why not contact him/her-- ask for an explanation in order to resolve any existing confusion you may have.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 16, 2009
Marla McWilliams-Lopez answered:
Get the CC&R's from your local title company, and then contact the President or Treasurer of that association. Tell them you're interested in purchasing the property, they will give you the balance due.

Good Luck! :-)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 3, 2009
Paul Aragon answered:
You can contact Alana Anaya at (818) 701-2900
Her office is on Reseda Blvd in Northridge. Tell her that Paul from Pinnacle Estate Properties in Porter Ranch recommended her - she should be able to help you with your specific situation. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 5, 2009
Shel-lee Davis answered:

In any community adjacent to a Golf Course there is a chance of damage from stray golf balls. That is precisely why the Statewide Buyer and Seller Advisory (paragraph 18, page 4 of 10) has a discussion regarding "Errant Golf Balls ". Most golf courses take preventive measures, such as putting up screens or planting foliage to minimize the chance of such a mishap. However, you must realize, that with the privilege and pleasure of living on a golf course, comes the chance of the occasional errant golf ball.

The liklihood of this occurance will vary from home to home. So it is in your best interest, once you have identified the specific home you wish to purchase, to do your due diligence. Speak with the neighbors, ask the current owner of the property you are buying, take a tour of the golf course and see if there are any preventive measures taken by the golf course to limit the chance of stray golf balls hitting your house, and make sure that your homeowner's insurance has coverage that would protect you in the rare chance of golf ball mishap. Have your insurance agent or the seller provide you with a CLUE report (this will tell you about any insurance claims against the property's insurance in the past 5 years) and if you see that they made 5 claims a year for broken windows, damaged autos or broken roof tiles, then you know this home is "in the line of fire". Of course, this report is not fool proof, some homeowners will just pay for the broken window without reporting it to their insurance, but this would be part of your due diligence anyway.

Once you have satisfied yourself regarding the specific home you are buying, then proceed with the purchase. Believe me there are many people who would love to live on a golf course, even with the possiblity of the occasional stray golf ball. You should, and probably do, count yourself among the fortunate who actually can live in such a wonderful location. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 27, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
It is not up to the listing agent , bank determine which offer to accept. You might not ever receive a response from a the bank

NOTE: Short sales, foreclosures have drama not due to listing/ buyers agent how bank does business.
Agents are not paid till close, faster agent can have an offer accept bank faster listing agent gets paid.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Paul Aragon answered:
Your appraisal shouldn't be more than $350, inspection no more than $300, and you shouldn't have to pay loan fees for a loan that did not record. Since the seller didn't perform, you can send over a notice to perform for the legally binding contract in the state of California (Residential Purchase Agreement). You should talk to an attorney about taking them to court and have the judge order a completed sale (hopefully the trustee sale is delayed). If you don't want to buy it, take the seller to small claims court and get your fees back. Real estate attorneys love these types of situations because they are easy to remedy. When in doubt, you should always consult a "Real Estate" attorney, not a general attorney. If you need the name of one, give me a call at 818-488-8038 and I can refer you to a local real estate attorney in Northridge. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Marc Schwartz answered:
Hello Jitin,

Please visit, you can find any bank owned home for sale and it will update you every day on the new & reduced properties for sale. It's free....I've been selling real estate in the San Fernando Valley for over 18 years and worked with so many first time buyers, so I'll walk you guys through the whole process. Call me at 818-885-5615 x615 to make an appointment. Marc ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 15, 2008
Kenya Reeves Costa answered:
A buyers specialist will be able to access the properties you are interested in and set up appointments for you to view the homes. I usually suggest asking friends and family for the name and number of a realtor that they have used. If they don't know of anyone try a few of the major sites (Keller Williams, Coldwell Banker etc.) and read the profiles of different agents. Many agents specialize in working with first time home buyers. Call a few of the agents and ask questions. Get to know the agents. It will help you narrow down your search.There are lots of fantastic agents out there. Best of luck finding the right agent and congrats on making the move towards home ownership. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 11, 2011
L.A. Real Estate Group answered:
Hi Jazz,
You could search the MLS thorugh our website, to view different properties you may be interested in . You can also send us an email and we can arrange a phone appointment to discuss a few of your options, your thougths, and your likes/dislikes, as well as financing. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Good Luck
Lou & Alex
LA Real Estate Group
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice