Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 91226 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 28
Tue Jun 9, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:

Consider viewing the attached website. It is a good example of a common sence approact to explaining the "First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit" program,

Good luck
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat May 30, 2009
Steven Ornellas answered:
Hi Akiko, assuming you are in a $729,750 County, $70,250.

Check loan limits here:

Best, Steve
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 11, 2009
Mario Villagran answered:
First talk to your agent about what you expect from them and just open up the lines of communication. They may not know that you are not satisfied. If you two can't come to terms of what is expected from your relationship then just terminate your business relationship in writing. Any homes that he/she may have showed you they are entitled to compensation so make sure you let your new agent know what homes you have seen with your current agent.
If you still decide to terminate your relationship then interview a few agents and choose the one that you are going to be comfortable dealing with. I'm open to being interviewed just contact me @ 818-416-7511.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 12, 2009
Mario Villagran answered:
I've had a lot of clients in this situation. The nice thing is that you are in Glendale and in Glendale you can get a good amount for rent. If you are able to rent your house and break even then there's still another obstacle. Since you don't have 30% in equity in your current home and since you don't have cash then you might have to go FHA. I believe FHA will now consider both mortgage payments to calculate your debt to income ratio and not consider what you collect in rent. I might be wrong and if they do consider the amount you collect in rent it may only be 75% of the rental income. You might want to talk to a lender that specializes in FHA as well as conventional. Good luck. If you need to be referred to a lender feel free to contact me. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun May 20, 2012
Monique and Joe Carrabba answered:
Hello Lola,

Not just any agent can do the process (anyone with a liscense). It's best to go with an agent that has experience. There are properties in foreclosure (short sales) and also REO (bank owned properties). You want to make sure you choose someone that can present the best offer (when it's a good deal or know when to offer less when it's priced a little high) and also prepare a strong offer.

if you need any assistance, I'm always there to help.


Monique Carrabba
Keller Williams Wilshire
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 27, 2008
Dawn Isenhower answered:

I would do two things. I would get a contractor in there to give an estimate of what it would take to fix the damage, and then, I would get an estimate from an exterminator as to how much treatment would cost. An exterminator can give you a guarantee that the termites will not return for a certain period of time.

I would take these estimates and present them with the adjusted offer (if I really want the home). If the home is not a big deal though, I would leave it and buy one that does not require the extra work.

Good Luck,

Dawn Isenhower
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 29, 2008
Gary Gukassian answered:
Hi CH,

The areas you mentioned are the areas I work with on a daily basis. I assume you have an agent since you indicate you have seen everything there is to see.

Do not get discouraged. The home buying process can take some time. New properties come on the market all the time.

The relationship between a buyer and agent needs to benefit both parties. I don't want to waste my time either. Call or e-mail me with your info so that I can confirm your criteria. Once confirmed, I will help you find the property you are looking for.

There are numerous homes under $500K. I can send you a list if you like.


Gary Gukassian
Beverly Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 7, 2008
Bob B. answered:
VERY !!!! The city could require after the fact compaction tests, slab analysis, etc. Big gamble ......
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice