Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91006 : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 38
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas answered:
No one can render an opinion UNLESS entire executed sales contract is reviewed. All is goverened by those terms and conditions

0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Monique & Joe Carrabba answered:
Hello Khimji,
How are you? I would be happy to find you a home in the Baldwin Stocker Elementary area. 3 bath might be tough but a 2.5 might be doable depending on your price range. Please shoot me an email or give me a call and I will send you some options.


Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Sunset
(323) 899-2900
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 8, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:

Since it's commonly known that we are in the midst of a "buyers market" why would you expect otherwise. Today's buyers are intelligent, informed, cautious, worried, and to the person seeking value..........

If you have a serious buyer that is "low balling" our recommendation is to make them aware of the current local RE market not only from the perspective of current homes and prices now on the market but those that have sold recently.

Set some paremeters.....if this is determined to be a lost cause you might consider cutting them loose and using your time more productively.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 30, 2009
Emily Knell answered:
I'm sorry I can't be exact in my answer. Every RE company is different with regards to fees to join. With the company I'm with Main Street Realtors, it only costs $120 to join. You'll probably find that with a franchise brokerage like RE/Max or Prudential or Century 21 you have to pay a lot of national franchise fees along with whatever the independently owned & operated broker charges. You really just need to contact each company you'd be interested in working at & ask them. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 8, 2009
Valencia Bradley answered:
In Most cases the home is under contract when an agents has a sign on the listing that states sale is pending. However the safest option in making the determination of putting in an offer however would included contacting your local agent to verify the status that should be listed on your local mulituple listing services or to give the selling agent a call for verification. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 16, 2009
Hugo Torres answered:
Arcadia is a very interesting area. Homes tend to sell very quickly because of the renowned school district. If this is somewhere you're looking to purchase I really don't recommend waiting for futher price drops.

Our office has done several transactions in Arcadia and we have seen that the city is well insulated from this challenging market.

If you need any further information and/or assistance, feel free to let us know at
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 9, 2009
Ron Dotson answered:
Yes, although I would prefer a one or two year lease.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Shel-lee Davis answered:

Short sales are meant to help people avoid foreclosure by selling their home, when they have a true and confirmed hardship. They are not intended as a way to negotiate a loan modification. If your inlaws can afford a reasonable payment (it is understood they cannot afford the adjusted payment under their current loan) and want to stay in the home, then they should be working with their lender towards a loan modification and home retention. Lenders are very open to these types of negotiations at this time.

Now, as a direct answer to your question regarding short sales and fraud. Fraud is a legal issue and you should check with an attorney if you suspect something might be fraud. Just note, most lenders will not allow a short sale to a related party and/or will not allow the seller to remain in the home after the short sale process. These lenders will require that both the buyer and the seller sign affidavits of arms length transaction. Here is the wording from a recent document that my sellers and the buyers had to sign on an approved short sale:

"[Buyer and Seller] Hereby affirm that this is an “Arm’s Length Transaction”,

No party to this contract is a family member, business associate, or shares a business interest with the mortgagee. Further, there are no hidden terms or special understandings between the seller or buyer or their agents or Mortgagee.

The Buyers and Sellers nor their Agents have any agreements written or implied that will allow the Seller to remain in the property as renters or regain ownership of said property at anytime after the execution of this short sale transaction. None of the parties shall receive any proceeds from this transaction except the sales commission."

I would definitely advise that YOU check with an attorney if the short sale lender requires such an affidavit, before you sign such a document under the circumstances.

I am sorry to hear that your inlaws are in this position. They really should investigate a loan modification instead of trying to use the short sale system for something it was not meant to achieve. Loan modifications can be negotiated directly with the lender or with the help of an attorney. This, to me, appears to be the better way for them to save their home. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2011
David answered:
call her back and ask "What is not available" mean?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 23, 2008
Michael Barron answered:
Hi Clare, What is the location in arcadia you are asking about

Kind Regards
Michael Barron
First Team Real Estate
(714) 552-6817
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 7, 2009
Hugo Torres answered:
Not quite sure what you are referencing here but I have been reading the answers, blog posts and discussions of Real Estate professionals and I am very impressed by the quality and quantity. You're in good company here. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 10, 2009
Steve K. answered:
Your best bet without any insider information is to talk to local banks or go down to the local court and ask for the information.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 8, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
Contact a local real estate agent. Realtor can place you on an automatic email list moment a foreclosures hits MLS, with our specifications. MLS is the most accurate resource site used by realtors, appraisers, banks and etc.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 16, 2009
Keith Sorem answered:
Have you listed it with a Realtor?
My experience (first hand) is that managing long distance sales is very frustrating.
Do you need a referral? I can find one, no problem.
You can contact me via my Trulia profile or call me 1-888-284-2056.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 20, 2008
Scott Godzyk answered:
I would call an attorney who specializes in real estate matters. their fees can range from $300 to $600 an hour. Some may ask for a retainer (a deposit) in advance based on how many hours they think it will take). hope this helps, good luck solving your problem. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 22, 2014
Jonathan James answered:
Look at the deed is the first place to start, then tax records....
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 8, 2015
Homa Moaddel answered:
Hi Amanda,

Yes, if you lease contract is up. And you should read what your contract says. If you sign a one-year lease agreement, the landlord has to honor the terms of the contract. If you have month to month lease agreement, at the end of the month the landlord has the right to change the terms and rise your rent. If you are willing to sign a longer contract you may be able to convince him to not rise the rent. If I can help you by providing you a list of homes leased in the past few months let me know. So you will know if you are paying a fair price.

good luck!!

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 3, 2010
Diane Glander answered:
You need to repost the question and provide the area you are looking to lease in as part of your question. This is a national site.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice