Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 90808 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 36
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Marie Souza Team answered:
This depends on so many factors. Consult a pro in your area.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Brad Cummings answered:
Most likely yes, when the time comes that the bank who owns the property takes the house back, they will approach you with a "Cash For Keys" offer. Did your current landlord give you constructive notice about the foreclosure and any notice to vacate? Sometimes the current owners of the property will let their tenants not pay the rent during the process, but usually the landlords keep collecting the rent and not paying the mortgage due on that property. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Lesley Harris answered:
Hello Lb100,

Why do you need an attorney? I can help you with the co-ops and condo's and OYO (own your own) Richard Williams is an attorney who works in the Long Beach area. Tell me what excatly you need and why you are asking?

Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Brent James answered:
if you are lien holder second in line and the first is foreclosing you can buy the note and foreclose yourself if they are not paying you either.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 7, 2013
Daniel Sandoval answered:
Hello i suggest to do a short sale but keep current. Certain banks do allow a short sale even current as long is there a good hardship involve. The 2nd lien was used as purchase money so there are no liabilites for it...I can assist you if any.

Thank you

Daniel Sandoval
... more
0 votes 63 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Trope answered:
i've been searching the internet for info on KASSAS law firm other than what they themselves have put up.
I need a loan modification too. I don't know if these people are trustworthy. Plus, they are asking for money up front. I am going to a HUD meeting tonight. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 19, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
It depends if the house was sold at auction to someone or if the bank took the house back at foreclsoure auction. If an investor bought it, they may be stricter than the bank with filining eviction papers. If the bank bought it back, when they assign the home to a local agent to sell, they will usually knock at your door and offer you cash for keys to move in 30 days or less. They can offer from $500 to $4000 depending ion how quick you move and the value of your home. If they do not offer CFK than they have to gove a 30 day notice, then can filie for a writ of possession following your states eviction laws. Good luck with working things out. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 17, 2011
Trevor Huntingford answered:
You will receive the a notice of default after your payments are 60 days late. This will start a 100 day timeline to foreclosure. This timeline may be extended and take longer. I would consult an attorney to be certain. I also would consult that same attornery about your other options such as short sale, deed in lieu of foreclosure and loan modification. You may find that you can save your home with a modification or you may find the deed in lieu could work for you and potentially do the least amount of damage to your credit. You could also potentially short sale your home also doing less damage than letting the home foreclose.

Make sure you check you options and best of luck.


... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 24, 2011
Melissa Seidel answered:
I just ran a search and I found several listings that you may be interested in. You can also visit my website and type in the minimum bedrooms, price range, and zip code and it will show everything on MLS. Please feel free to email with any questions. Good luck!!!! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Ross Gagnon answered:
Hi Betty,

There are serveral rentals available in the 90815 zip code. Please contact me via email and I'll more than happy to help.

Ross Gagnon
Main Street Realtors
DRE# 01402317
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Cricket And Grace answered:
It is my understanding that if you have refi'ed, then the lender can come after you for the deficiency. Sounds like things were pretty chaotic on the short sale end of it-- were you working with an experienced agent? I would contact a real estate attorney about what the deed in lieu protects you from. It might be built into the instrument itself. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 13, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Due to privacy reasons, not sure any agent will post a name on a public forum--however, you can check local public records department, ask a neighbor(s), knock on the door, or any local agent can help you with information... ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 8, 2010
Richard Schulman answered:
This is in Escrow, pending sale. If you are interested in it, I can let you know immediately if for some reason it falls out of escrow. Let me know if you would like this alerts set up. I can also help you find similar properties in the area.

Feel free to contact me direct:

Richard Schulman
Keller Williams Realty
(310) 482-0173
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 9, 2010
Valli Williams answered:
Hi Robert,

It doesn't show a foreclosure that's for sure. It is still recorded under Mr.Nelson's name. But, it could very well be in default and just not showing on county records. It looks as though there has been a private money, usually that means a hard money lender, that has lended on this home in Oct of 2009 as well as July of 2009.

This looks to be a 4 unit property, correct? If you want to email me, I can send you the tax records on it.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 30, 2010
Diane Wheatley answered:
Dear Banks,

No body can keep you captive in a home, apartment, hotel or anywhere in America as long as you are a law abiding citizen. In simple terms, you are absolutely allowed to move at any time regardless of a scheduled foreclosure sale.

There are pros and cons in doing so if you are seeking a loan modification, short sale or bankruptcy action. But nothing illegal about vacating if that is what you prefer to do.

If you need more specific information, please feel free to contact me anytime. My best to you.

Diane Wheatley, Broker
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 5, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
No need to subscribe to any paid web sites relating to foreclosures--for accurate and free information, consider working with an agent--If you are looking at RealtyTrac ads--do keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always accurate and oftentimes misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. Again, If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 3, 2015
Joanna Morris answered:
Let your Realtor do their job and ask them. If you are not finding anything then you have set your sights too high and price range too low. You may want to have a discussion about what could be changed in your search to get your desired results. Why haven't you looked at foreclosures? ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue May 18, 2010
Christopher Suh answered:
May not be worth it to buyers... with so many reo / short deals out there in the market the buyers may just have passed. Sometimes investors/buyers would go directly out to the property they are looking to bid on, so there may be some heavy damage or other issues hindering the sale.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 25, 2010
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Forclose on them or do a loan modification. Either way you need to talk to a real estate attorney.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 26, 2009
Emily Knell answered:
After a person files bankruptcy they can't buy a home for another 7yrs. VA for example, will give you a loan a year after BK but nowadays the bank won't fund it.

I think the fact that you filed BK shows the bank that you cannot afford your bills and they figure that your likelihood of defaulting on your mortgage is inevitable. If there was still subprime loans available, 100% financing & market values that are appreciating, you may find the bank a little more willing to work with you.

I am not an accountant or lawyer. However I suggest you speak with a real estate attorney (one not associated with a loan modification business 1st) and an accountant regarding your situation.

Please also see if & by how much more you owe on your home than it is worth. It may not make sense for you to do a loan modification, because banks are NOT reducing principal balances on 1st mortgage notes.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice