Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

90807 : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 449
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Jeff Johnson answered:
Please feel free to contact me...there are several areas that might meet your needs
Jeff Johnson
562 900 9783
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Jimmy Williams answered:

This particular part of Long Beach is a nice area. If you would like, you can research statistics for the area, and view a variety of properties in the process. You can do so by way of our website listed below. As you view the properties, you can request detailed information through the site, and we will provide you with statistical data that will place you in a more informed position.

If you're planning on relocating into this area, our website will prove to be an invaluable resource for you, as you will have access to up to date inventory in the area of your specificity. I hope this is a help to you, and I look forward to your visit and registration on our site. Until then, I remain

Available to Serve You,

Jimmy D. Williams
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 9, 2012
Barbara Robbins-Olexa answered:
Checked this property out on our MLS. This is a short sale and the property has always been priced at $700K and sold after being on the market only 10 days. So I am not sure what site you saw this listing on. Maybe the agent noticed a typo in the price and corrected it?

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker
L B Brokerage
DRE Lic#797560
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 10, 2013
Karen McEniry answered:
You will need to talk to a lender about this. I believe most lenders will require a 580 or higher credit score and it will also depend on how long ago the BK occurred. In any case they will be able to counsel you on how to improve your credit score at the same time. If you need some good lender referrals, please contact me at 714-343-9470. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 29, 2016
Fred Glick answered:
Sorry, can't be done that way. If they use the income, they have to use the credit.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Jeff Johnson answered:
Hi, I am Jeff Johnson with Prudential CA Realty!, I am assuming that you are looking for at least a one year lease......I can help with that. please feel free to contact me directly and we can start a search for you with all of your needs and desires in the area.
Thank you
Jeff Johnson
562 900 9783
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Michael Magaw answered:
what is your budget? reply directly to me at 310.259.6850 or
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Adolfo Paz answered:
Check out this link:
Most landlords are unfamiliar with the HUD/VASH program, so it is up to you to educate them by knowing how much the program pays, the length of time of the rental comittment and your contribution amount, if any. I suggest you contact the City of Long Beach Housing Authority which appears to be the administrator of the VASH program in Long Beach at the below website:
City of Long Beach Housing Authority
521 East Fourth Street
Long Beach, CA 90802


7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Friday

PS- I located a suitable 1st Floor, 1BR/1BA unit by the VA Hospital, rent amount $1200/mo, Security Deposit $1500/mo - Contact Stephen Mercier,Realtor\Veteran at
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 30, 2012
Salim Patel answered:
This is Indian territory and Indian laws apply. You should contact an Indian attorney.

Salim patel
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Melissa Seidel answered:
Hi! There are currently several units in escrow at the Walker Lofts. The other two building have closed escrow within the past few months. Please feel free to visit my website and search other listings. Have a good night! ;)
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 29, 2016
Jessica Acker answered:

When I look at a guarantor's application, I want to see that they make three times their own rent/mortgage as well as three times the rent of the property they are agreeing to guarantee. The point is that if you do not pay your rent, they will be able to pay your rent as well as their own mortgage.


Jessica M. Acker
Wellman Realty Company
Wellman Property Management, Inc.
(310) 828-3132 Office
1415 Stanford St., Suite #2
Santa Monica, CA 90404
License # 01894323
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 25, 2012
Anna Kitras answered:
Hi Tiffanie,

2296 Gaviota in Signal Hill, Ca actually has parking on the premises. Access into the parking is controlled by a security gate and the parking is covered (carport style). Which unit were you interested in? If you would like to see this condo, please contact me Unit #15 is for sale for 129K. I actually showed a few units earlier this week at that particular complex. Feel free to contact me for more info.

Anna Maria Kitras
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Alison Hillman answered:
Hey there!

You have some great options in the area you are looking for, check them out here:,CA/#for_rent/Long_Beach,CA/0p_beds/0-900_price

Good luck,
Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Annette Lawrence answered:
Your first stop needs to be with your financial planner or tax consultant. They will have the best insight regarding tax implications based on the way you structured your ownership.

Your next step should be a real estate professional to review the likely outcome of a real estate sale and the strategy to use. There is over 20 ways to sell real estate, and yes, short selling is one of them. With a good understanding of the market. and the most likely outcome, you will be well prepared to visit with your attorney. Share with your attorney what your long term goal or best outcome is. During this confidential meeting critical listening will be required.

Work with your agent to keep you strategically positioned to achieve the result most beneficial to you. You have many options, the right option depends on your situation and the outcome you are seeking.

Best of success in selling your home,

Chat with me on:
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Kawain Payne answered:
Hello Ned,

If the seller is charging you a penalty for closing late then the closing delay has to be due to your fault. Who made the mistakes you are speaking of and what were those mistakes?

Make sure and re- read your purchase agreement and all supporting documentation. If a per diem was to be charged the terms and conditions in which it can be aplied has to be lcearly spelled out.

As far as who can be sued, you can file a law suit against anyone you want, but in order to win you must show cause and you must be able to provide documentation to support any claim you are making.

Best of Luck to You,

Kawain Payne, Realtor
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 15, 2012
Michael Magaw answered:
You want to evict your own brother? You have spoken to him and we won't go voluntarily? So now you want to "kick him out" against his wishes? Do you want to take legal eviction action against him?

In relation to tenant rights and eviction laws, it may not matter if he is on the lease. You reached a verbal contract, collected a deposit, and have collected monthly rents and utility payments. He probably has tenant rights, same as if he was on the lease.

If you hire an eviction service, it will cost several hundred dollars, but they will know what your options are. But this will take several months and will cost money and it may be uncomfortable to live in the same home with the person you are evicting.

Hopefully you learned a lesson, not to let others move in and establish residency. Most rental leases prohibit this, so you may have violated your lease.

I strongly encourage you to resolve this situation without the eviction service. Be practical. It may be cheaper to return his deposit and forgive his $500 debt if he leaves soon. Make him see the benefit.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Jeff Johnson answered:
There is a 55 plus park on or just off of Loynes in LB.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 4, 2012
Peter Werrenrath answered:
Hi Casey:

I'd be glad to help you out. There are many leases on the Multiple Listing Service, plus I have other sources to check for rentals. I've been living and working in Long Beach for 15 years, so I know the area pretty well.

You can contact me at (562) 208-9818, or

Hope to hear from you. Thanks!

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Have you yet to work with an agent in your area? I have family in the area you are looking for and would be haapy to help. I work in the NYC metro area and Lancaster, PA and have the opportunity to assist investors nationwide. Please contact me directly for additional resources. Generally 5 units and above are considered Commercial properties so you may be looking in the wrong place. Keep in mind that financing may also be different with a Commerical mortgage. I'd be happy to find the most experienced agent in your area as well as provide my professional opinion. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice