Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Moving in 90805 : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Mon Aug 3, 2009
Barbara Robbins-Olexa answered:
You do not need a rental agreement in writing in CA unless it is a one year or more lease agreement. However, you must give your landlord 30 day notice in writing otherwise you are obligated to pay for the next 30 days from the date of the written notice to the landlord. So he can keep part or all of the security deposit assuming that it is enough to cover what you owe. You should let him show it now and have an agreement if he is able to rent it any part of the time that you will be gone that you will get a credit for that time and then you won't owe as much.

If you have any other questions, I will be glad to help.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker, e-Pro Internet Certified, SRES(R)
L B Brokerage
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 19, 2011
Sarah Ireland Heather Burke answered:
Hi Deirdre
If you like historic homes I think you would enjoy the Wrigley district. Like any historic neighborhood it is going through transitition and people have done some amazing things with their homes. Many of the new homeowners are restoring the features of their home to their original condition. It's interesting and some streets are very eclectic. The mix of the older architecture with some contemporary taste is wonderful. Some streets in the neighborhood have larger lots and people with young children seem to enjoy this. Some of the areas are further into the transition than others. If you have any specific streets in mind, let me know I'll be happy to help you try to figure out if Wrigley is right for you. If you decide it's not your cup of tea, let me know and I'll point you towards some other areas in Long Beach you may find interesting. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice