Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

90680 : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Connie Bramble answered:
Yes there is a loan that allows you to basically put only 1% down. The program puts the other 2.5% for you. There are also city programs in some areas that will put money down, but many of them are out at this time. One would have to know just where you intend to buy in order to answer better. You can also ask the seller to pay closing costs for you. This will cut the money you need to come in with by about half!
Any Realtor you choose should be able to help you with these things.

Best of luck to you and if you are in the Orange County area, feel free to give me a call.

Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Joseph Fleischaker answered:
Hi, I am not an attorney but if ishe bought it from her father, there should have been some sort of transfer of title, thus the title should be in her name. is there a reason why the title is not in her name? I would recommend calling a title company and getting a prelim on the ownership of the house. if indeed the title is not in your grandmother's name and she legally bought it, i would call an attorney who is knowledgable in real estate transaction law. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Don Tepper answered:
It depends on the terms of the trust. It could be either way, depending on what your aunt (did you mean "aunt"?) specified. Often, the person who created the trust directs the trustee to act in a certain manner. It would be unusual (but not impossible) for a person to direct that the trustee live in the house rent free.

But the only way to determine that is to know what your aunt specified.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Thom Colby answered:
Ms. Gardner,

With all due respect, you should consult with a Real Estate Attorney.

Have a very Happy and Prosperous 2009,

Thom Colby
Orange County, CA
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 24, 2008
Joe Homs answered:

Sorry to say, but that is NOT possible. Your loan is tied to your current residence and is not transferrable to a new home. Your looking at possibly negociating a loan modification, with your current lender, and stay where you are at, or a short sale.

Without knowing all your details it would be difficult to provide you with good advise. Please give me a call or send me an email and I can advise your further.

Joe Homs
Realty Partners
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice