Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

90601 : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 121
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Laura Dominguez answered:
There's about 5 houses currently listed for sale in area of 90604 built in 1957-1960. Most of them are 3 bed 2 bath homes or 4 bed 2 bath currently listed and viewed with pride of ownership well maintained. These properties are currently running from 299,000-410,000. This is a nice area close to schools and shopping centers. Feel free to log into my web to view properties daily. If you have any questions or would like to view property Im available. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Phyllis McArthur answered:
Yes, You can, however it might be best to have your Realtor check to see how much is owed on the home. The bank(s) that hold the note on the home calls the shots.

Usually the home is already listed at less than what is owed, so if you offer considerably less than that , you may not get it. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 9, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi V. If the home was being constructed buy an unlicensed person, there could be TONS of problems, more than you think. How about getting your contractor in there now to see what the scope of the work is that's needed? Then he can call the local inspector in your township and ask if they will accept his corrections to the unfinished, unlicensed work.

Personally, I would steer clear of this one, even though I was a GC for many years. What if you find out there are problems with the foundation, plumbing, sewer lines, etc? Then what? These items would cost a fortune to fix, making your 'savings' on the price into nothing.


Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 5, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
There really are no set standards as to how long a property will take to sell--much will depend, on location, pricing, condition, size, etc. If you are looking to sell, keep in mind that in today's market pricing and marketing that maximizes your exposure are paramount. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 5, 2010
Mark Velasco answered:

This answer is for the area right around the Candlewood tract (Single Family Homes only)

May: 6 homes sold with an average sales price of $226/sq ft.
June: 6 homes sold with an average sales price of $223/sq ft.
July: 3 homes sold for an average price of $251/sq ft.

Bob-This is usually the case in Summer. Prices generally heat up (no pun intended) as the Summer goes on. I would say that they may go up a bit more or at least match the July average ($251/sq ft) and then they will likely cool heading into the Fall and even more in the Winter.

Feel free to e-mail me at
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 14, 2010
Christopher Lefebvre answered:
Check out these rental listings. They vary in price a lot depending on what you are looking for.,CA/,CA/SINGLE-FAMILY_HOME_type/ ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 27, 2010
Trish Grima answered:
Congrats! There is no set time frame, but having the BPO approved is a major hurdle in getting bank approval for a short sale. You'll probably have full approval in 7-10 days.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon May 24, 2010
Carmen Di Biase answered:
I assume there was a price reduction after your offer was accepted and the accepted price is still less than the current offer price. It appears they are still hoping to attract a higher offer. Have your agent ask the listing agent for clarification as to the the status of your offer. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 10, 2010
David Alex Wright Team answered:
The report could be delivered by your agent to the appraiser when they make the appointment to go there, Giving the appraiser the report is not prohibited by any laws.
hope that helps
David Alex Wright
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 26, 2010
Fred Glick answered:
Hi Claudia,

Without know your entire situation (income, bank balances, monthly payments, credit score, sale price of new property, taxes, etc) it is impossible for anyone to tell you exactly what makes sense for you.

I am happy to go through that with you, no obligation. Call me at 310-741-7179

... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 25, 2010
Pat & Steve Pribisko answered:
I am a Realtor & an Attorney licensed only in OH. Real Estate Attorneys rarely work on a contingent fee basis, due to the nature of the work. Are you planning to sue someone? What is your specific problem? It is difficult to recommend an attorney without more information. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 15, 2010
The tax credit has two components which is for "First Time" & "Owner". The difference being $8000 vs. $6500.

It appears that you may be eligible for the Owner Tax Credit of up to $6500 if you buy to occupy the property. However, there are requirements that you will have to meet. The best thing is to consult with a CPA or Tax Consultant to be sure. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 8, 2010
JoAnn Saragosa answered:
Hi there Mr. Armstrong

I checked the MLS and there is no record showing who sold that property
I sent you an e-mail.

Please, Give me a Call


JoAnn Saragosa
Prudential Uptown Realty
Office: 562-907-4004 Ext. 285
Cell: 562-652-1734
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 31, 2009
. answered:
I am sorry to say; one doesn't have to have a clue about your market there to arrive at the obvious: your seller has unrealistic expectations of value. A second opinion appraisal is certainly prudent, as well as a consult with an active real estate broker in that specific areal. After both are complete, if the final number is concluded to be lower than your seller's price, then your seller adjusts downward to match it or you walk. If you don't, you'll be overpaying and risk holding an asset in which you are under water. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 30, 2009
John Villaescusa answered:
You can do this as long as you make enough money to be able to do this. If you could explain you situation in more detail of what you are exactly trying to do i can give you some much better answers.

John & Sarena Villaescusa
Keller Williams Realty
Cell: 562-818-2671
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 3, 2010
Richard Lecinski answered:
You should call the local village or city office. What many people forget is you need home insurance for renting. Your normal home owners insurance policy will not cover renting. Also, if you have a loan on your home, you most likely signed off to the fact that it will be Owner Occupied. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 28, 2009
CCC answered:
Call the City hall and ask them.
In Minnesota some cities need a license some do not.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 11, 2010
Alias answered:
website that list all house rental permit issued from 1/2009-12/2009for san diego ca 92105
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 10, 2010
Maggie Your Realtor answered:
Brian, if there is a cloud on the title and you still want the home, then the title company can fix the cloud on the title. If on the other hand you do not wish to proceed with the purchase of this home, then having a defect on the title may be your "out". Seek competent, legal advice from a real estate attorney to decide what your rights are. I hope you're represented by a Buyer's Agent who is there to help you through the home buying process. If not, please feel free to text or contact me at 310-890-3271. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 30, 2013
Melissa Zavala answered:
It is unlikely that the seller will be able to modify the purchase price because you already have a contract. However, the seller is not legally obligated to pay the lender-required repairs. Your agent will have to "ask" or "request" in a Request for Repairs for all of the lender-required repairs. If you really want this specific property, you may have to pay for some of the lender-required repairs yourself prior to closing escrow. Consult a reputable local Broker, or seek advice from your agent. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search Advice