Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

90503 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 113
Thu May 26, 2011
Dan Tabit answered:
The rate is the number used to calculate payments on a set balance. The APR is the total cost adding in the upfront loan costs on top of the total interest paid over the length of the term. If both numbers are the same, there are no loan costs. If the APR is higher than the Note Rate, then there are closing costs you are paying up front.
If you take 100,000 at 5% you will come up with a payment. If you total the interest plus the closing costs and then recalculate the interest backwards you'll have the APR. I hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 26, 2015
Oliver Thompson answered:
Submit a letter in writing that you wish to cancel your listing agreement to agent and agents broker. That's it. If you have any questions, contact Oliver at 949-436-8418.

Best of luck. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 23, 2011
Gary Geer answered:
Yes you can. Explain up front with the landlord or leasing agent your situation. Fill out any tenant credit application with the detail also. You will find another home their are many to choose from.

All the best,
Gary Geer
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 24, 2011
Adrian Huntington answered:
You need to wire the money to escrow tomorrow morning. Fannie Mae will sign the documents. I sell Fannnie Mae homes and they will sign your docs in order to close by 25th. What are you waiting for, you are under contract, and so are they. Wire the money. If you don't wire the money and delay the close you will be penalized not FNMA. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 2, 2011
Helen Chong answered:
Dear John: there isn't really an acceptable rate per se, it's negotiable between you and the listing agent. I will be more than happy to discuss further with you about selling your home and what we can do to market your property! Please call or email me at anytime! 310-309-9393 or ... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 7, 2011
Patrick Thies answered:
A mortgage on a house doesn't effect the taxes. The taxes are based off the assessed value of the home set by the county assessors office. Paying off the mortgage is just a matter of preference. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 9, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:

Escrow can vary based on executed sales agreement, if cash purchase, or lender involved HOWEVER the standard is approx. 30 -60 days.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor &; Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 11, 2010
Gregorio Denny answered:
Yes; by selecting a higher than par rate, all your fees can be included.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 8, 2014
John Souerbry answered:
Tell him you want to show it to your attorney before signing, then follow through and show it to your attorney before signing.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 19, 2010
Desari Jabbar answered:
I don't think your answer came through.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 31, 2011
Salim Patel answered:
Hi Mo:

There is not much vacant land in Torrance. Currently, there is one residential lot available for $19/sq. ft. and a commercial lot for around $40/sq. ft.

-Salim Patel
The RealEstate Group
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 18, 2010
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
I would suggest you speak to the agent, to that agent's broker and to an attorney. I would also read all the paperwork carefully to see whether it was ever put in writing. Did you get a mortgage? I would expect the mortgage company to insist the termite infestation be taken care of prior to closing. I would think they would insist on receiving a certificate stating that had been done. What is the cost of the fumigation? Perhaps you can work something out.

Speak to an attorney and follow their advice.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 27, 2010
CJ Brasiel answered:
Cloud -

If you are unhappy with your agent, first talk to him and let him know you no longer want to work with him. If there is any issue with the process, ask to meet with his broker and discuss why you are not satisfied with services and why you want to be released from buyer/broker agreement (if you signed one.).

Good luck,
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 13, 2010
David Poulsen answered:
It is very important to have the loan all ready to go with REOs or else you can run into these troubles.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 2, 2011
Pam Crawford answered:
If both buyer and seller agree to terminate the contract, and both agree on the release of deposit back to the buyer, then the escrow agent should release the deposit as instructed by both parties. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Sonsie Conroy answered:
If you have a one-year lease, it must be honored by the purchaser of the home. The down side is that the house will be shown to prospective buyers and you'll have to cooperate within reason in the process. You'll have some say about how often, when, etc., but you'll have to let people in at some point and can't be unreasonable about your objections. You'll have to decide if the inconvenience is worth it or not.

You may get lucky, and the house will be bought by an investor who would be happy to have you stay well beyond the one-year lease. Or, the buyer might want to move in. But you will definitely have a year to deal with this. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Spirit Messingham answered:
I wish, what a beautiful area. You can simple Google Realtor for the city you are interested in and sure more names will come back at you than you can deal with. Meet with them, treat it like a job interview and ask for references.

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 25, 2010
Vickie Say-Nye answered:
I spoke to my lender and he, Carlos said that he'll like to review your credit report and help possibly help your score a little higher. Call me. Let's discuss your situation. Vickie (818)692-5307 cell. Realty Executives. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Sheyenne Schultz answered:
Hi...That depends. I have a CPA that specializes in short sale, foreclosure and deficit amounts being pursued by banks. She is an expert on this. You may have to show insolvency. Meaning your debts add up to more than your assets. If you are insolvent, they can't come after you. You can't get blood from a turnip.
Call me 310-429-4170 or email me thanks! Shy
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 6, 2010
Joni Greer answered:
In a sale, you must disclose if there was a death on the property within the past three years OR if a buyer asks if anyone died on the property at any time, you are obligated to disclose. I would treat the law the same for rentals. The best rule of thumb whether a sale or a rental is - if in doubt as to what to do - then DISCLOSE! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice