Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tech Tips in 90084 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Sat Jan 30, 2010
Alan May answered:
I have a mac... and am CB... but I get no tech support, because our network says they don't support the mac platform. so I'm on my own.

Fortunately, the mac is pretty much plug-and-play, and I need very little (if any) tech support.

Just make sure you're using Firefox.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Laarni G. Omingo answered:
Hi Viri,
I would rather you cross your Ts and dot your Is before you sign, esp. on a probate sale because they require more legal wranglings and I would really feel bad if you loose a house due to technicality.
All the best,

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 10, 2017
Ray Calnan answered:
Nothing in this world is impossible, just varying degrees of difficulty. The first thing I would do is to go to the City planning department and speak to someone in building and safety. They likely will indicate that you can do it, however you will need to have an engineer and possibly an architect draw it up to ensure that it will be safe.

An equally important question to ask yourself is if it is financially wise to down size. If this is partially an investment for you, I assume this because you are renting the other three units, then how will this change affect the value when you go to sell the property. The normal assumption is that it will reduce the potential earning potential of the property, thereby reducing its resale.

You may want to hire a real estate agent or appraiser to help you determine the potential affect on value, if this is a concern for you. If it is not a concern, then head to Building and Safety and start getting permits and plans.

You should also be aware that this change may affect the loan that you currently have ton the property, if any, because the lender may see this as a substantial alteration to the improvements that may affect potential resale and therefore their security. You don’t want the bank to surprise you half way through construction by calling the loan and asking for full repayment.

Good Luck.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 15, 2008
Karen Miller answered:

The best way is to contact a local Realtor who will give you a thorough market analysis of the area you're interested in buying or selling.

Karen Miller
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 20, 2008
Pam Winterbauer answered:
A local Realtor should be able to provide you with properties that sold in the area. Are you looking to do comps for the Beverly Center area?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun May 4, 2008
Pam Winterbauer answered:
Probably not. Complaints or calls to the building department can be very anonymous.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 11, 2012
Irina Netchaev answered:
I post my listings on featured homes, blog about them on Active Rain, Craigslist works really well as well as feeds the listings to Trulia and other search engines.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 10, 2008
Maggie, your REALTOR® answered:
Hi Raffi, there is a software called Real Edge which will display your listings on an LCD Monitor for you. You can reach them at 800-848-3343 (EDGE) or visit their website at Hope that helps! It will also dynamically change the status of your transactions from listed, to pending to SOLD!!! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
#1 answered:
Due to horror stories I have heard, I have started hitting the delete key on my cell phone when they call.
0 votes 45 answers Share Flag
Search Advice