Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in 90049 : Real Estate Advice

  • All34
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 38
Thu Dec 29, 2011
Douglas Perez answered:
Does landlord allow to sublet where you live? Many rental contracts don't allow this. Your recourse would be to notify to whom you have your rental contract with, and if subletting is allowed, notify landlord too, in writing.

Doug Perez
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 29, 2011
Douglas Perez answered:
Hey La,
You don't need a real estate license to be an executor.
But you should hire an real estate attorney for advise.

Happy Thanksgiving !

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 9, 2017
Michel Bron answered:
Thank you for email. Yes I handle house leases as part of my real estate services, where is the property located please? And can you give a brief description? Thank you,

Michel Bron
Keller Williams Really
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 10, 2011
Melissa Zavala answered:
If you are concerned about whether a certain property has the correct legal permits, the best place to go would be the city permits office in order to check the permits. You can also look into a properties zoning. All homeowners are required to pay property taxes. You can also check on the city tax roll to see whether a certain property's taxes have been paid. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 8, 2011
Diane Wheatley answered:
Well, let me think........1. no 2. no 3. no 4. yes 5. yes 6. if you believe there is a reason to do so.

Diane Wheatley, Broker
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 8, 2011
MstPorter - You may be eligible for financing on a FHA loan. You should call a lender and learn if you have the ability to qualify for a home. Apparently, no one told you that you could qualify for a home loan after 1 year of successfully making your payments in your Chapter 13. If you'd like, call me and I can review your situation for you. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 7, 2010
Brenda Feria answered:
You need to refer to your lease. There should be mention of how the utilities will be paid.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Deborah Bremner answered:
Was it a foreclosure property? (i.e. the bank was the "owner" for a period of time?) If so, you may have missed the deadline to file. Just register now, but understand that with the budget crisis, all government entities are looking for any cash that has been slipping through the cracks.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 28, 2010
Fran Rokicki answered:
Check with City Hall. In our state of Connecticut, if a lease is more than two years in length, it must be filed at the town hall. If they don't find these on their system, I would suggest that you start knocking on the doors of these other businesses. They may share what they pay on their lease with you, or give you the name of their agent who will be able to discuss those fees with you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 17, 2010
Andrew Jones answered:
Hi Ray,

If everything else is legal regarding the structure itself, all you need is a rental permit from the L.A. Housing Department's Rent Stabilization Board. Costs are minimal but your property will be subject to bi-yearly inspections by city inspectors once you've applied. This can obviously result in your property being cited for structural issues later on. Best of Luck. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Allan S Glass answered:
Hi Shelly, I couldn't find any 2 bedroom units in that price range via,, craigslist,, or westside rentals. You may however try the Blackstone apartments on 9th and Broadway. They just opened and have some smaller units in that price range.

The Blackstone:

If you'd be interested in smaller units you may try these too:

Best of luck,

Allan S. Glass
ASG Real Estate Inc. ®
149 S. Barrington Avenue Suite #660
Los Angeles . CA 90049
Mobile: 213.952.9052
Direct: 213.973.8637 (213.97.FUNDS)
Fax: 213.947.4461
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 5, 2010
Jeffrey White answered:
I would look at what people are asking for house shares on craigslist and go from that. My guess is around $1000 at most.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 25, 2010
Roddy answered:
Fri Oct 9, 2009
Patti Phillips answered:
Lee, I have helped my clients- on both ends of the spectrum- as the landlord and as the renter- when the renter is from another country. It's no big deal. We have treated it like any other rental. You can provide a copy of your credit report from the UK- show that you have income to pay rent- put down a deposit just as any other renter would- and away you go!

Patti Phillips
"Advice You Need, Attention You Deserve"
800-680-9133 or 619-507-2100
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 6, 2009
Mario Villagran answered:
I would take a second look at your rental agreement and your move in inspection. Excessive wear and tear is usually deducted from your security deposit when you move out and so you might need to repair it yourself but keep record of it so when you do move out your landlord doesn't bring up false claims that there was excessive wear and tear on items you fixed.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Dyanna answered:
Again, you really need an agent to help you with this. You have been asking the same questions for over 3 weeks and the answer is still the same. You have to go to the city to find out how much you need to pay to relocate them. Obviously if the bank doesn't want to do it, it will be expensive. The property falls in to the REAP program and that can be costly. But if you speak with an agent and the city you will know exactly how much that is.

... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 18, 2009
Mary Witt Elaine answered:
Does the rental control program have such requirements? I would ask them.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 10, 2009
Jeffrey White answered:
A home always looks larger and more attractive when photographed nicely furnished and clean. If empty it does not reflect a living space, but rather just a space. This also gives a prospective tenant something to judge size by. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice