Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Quality of Life in 90045 : Real Estate Advice

  • All38
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying23
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 30
Mon Nov 25, 2013
Sona Gallatin answered:
Angelenos prefer parking but would give that up to protect the natural landscape of the area. Really depends on what part of Los Angeles you are referring to.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Sona Gallatin answered:
Call your local housing authority, they should be able to tell you exactly what and if you need to do anything.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Laura Coffey answered:
I am not familiar with the area but I always review people to (link below). If you are seeing bad results that should play into your decision. It probably will with other buyers so keep that in mind for resale. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Andi Grant answered:
Hello Hieru, ADT will help but one can't guarantee safety in any area. Are you already pre-approved? I'm very familiar with the area. If you are pre-approved for that area's price range, you may also be pre-approved for 90047, 90008 as well.

Go to the Los Angeles page of the site below to search Los Angeles by price range. If you need Realtor assistance feel free to call me at 310-508-4354 to discuss your options.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 17, 2016
Dyanna answered:
Evictions can appear on your credit report. You should request a free credit report from the 3 bureaus and find out if your eviction appears on there.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 21, 2010
Dp2 answered:
A home owner turns into a business owner when renting--period. You'll probably want to run this idea past a real-estate to ensure that you'll use the appropriate structures to set up this arrangement. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 22, 2010
Rebecca Chambliss answered:
Pull out your lease and read it. Normally there is a provision in the lease indicating what happens when the lease ends. Sometimes it is stated it automatically rolls into month by month. If you pay after your lease is expired and it is cashed it assumes an agreement between tenant and landlord. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 2, 2010
Matt McClain answered:
Hi Annalisa.

As agents, we are not allowed to answer this question directly. However, Los Angeles is a very large area. When you mention that your husband is being relocated to Los Angeles, knowing what part of Los Angeles would be helpful in at least pointing out some cities that might be close to that area of his job.

Los Angeles is a very large is comprised of several areas such as the san gabriel valley, san fernando valley, western county such as santa monica, and it goes on.

I would recommend two things. First and foremost, get pre-approved for a loan with a lender to know how much home you can afford. This will help narrow down what areas you can afford. Secondly, pick a real estate agent in the area that can help you find the home you are looking for and best fits your needs and wants.

As far as safety is concerned, that is a matter of both opinion and fact. Los Angeles gets a lot of media and press, both bad and good. As someone who was born here and has lived here in the area all of his life and know the Los Angeles area very well, I can tell you the variety of neighborhoods is varying and well spread out.

If you need assistance in getting a loan approval or in your search for a home, I would be pleased to help you in either capacity as I am both a licensed real estate agent and a loan officer. Feel free to email me or call me directly on my cell.

I wish you both good luck and safe travel to our state. Welcome to Los Angeles!


Matt McClain
Axiom Real Estate / Axiom Lending Group
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 24, 2009
Monique and Joe Carrabba answered:
Hey Sky,

Call the Department of Housing. They will confirm with you if it's in REAP and or has violations and is pending being in REAP. It also may show up on the title report (which could hurt your client's ability to get a loan).

Good luck!

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywod Hills
(323) 899-2900
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 9, 2009
Mario Villagran answered:
I am going to go w/ closet space. I've been into some homes that have clutter everywhere and you can feel the negative energy. Closet space and some organization should fill the house w/ some good energy. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Sona Gallatin answered:
Please talk to the landlord and ask him to draft a lease to include your roommate. Your roommate has established a business relationship with the landlord by paying his rent direct. This can really be worked out if all parties just communicate.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 2, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
If you are the only name on executed lease if the lease states a guest can only stay xx # of days then he must depart the property. However not knowing how the lease is authored with statements difficult to state. Approach the landlord regarding your issues, state if he continues to allow a guest not authorized on the lease then landlord is in violation of the lease terms, HOWEVER GOES BACK to executed lease terms.
Confer with an attorney, send certified letter to the landlord based on how the lease is authored.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 20, 2008
David answered:
Dispute it on your credit report. Also, if its their error, they are to remove it or face fines.

If you want to be done with it, Im sure they would be open to a settlement. Just make sure the settlement includes removing that blemish..

Seek the advise of a collection company like Lexington Legal
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 22, 2013
Sky Minor answered:
Nothing that I've heard. LA city planning would know. Google their site or find the councilmember for that area.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 4, 2013
Monique and Joe Carrabba answered:
Hello Faith,

A friend of mine used to live there maybe 7 years ago when it was an apartment. He really liked living there and it's proximity to Robertson is great. Just be on the safe side. Since it is a conversion you need to be a extra careful with reserves. Read everything and take a hard look at the financials.

Good luck!

Monique Carrabba
The Reavis Group at Keller Williams Wilshire
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 1, 2008
Marilyn Gibson answered:
You need some legal advice, more than help from a real estate agent. Contact your local legal aid society, and good luck to you.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 23, 2009
Diane Wheatley answered:
Each Office Association is different. I managed one center with 7 rather large office buildings and know of others office associations with many, many buildings. Not sure what you are getting at with your question. There is no real 'standard' that I'm aware of. Many variables. Wish I could have helped you more. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 9, 2010
Laura Ashley Homes answered:

This site will provide comparisons of different areas.

The LA area is wonderful, SO much to do and see...from the ocean, mountains, museums, class amazing place to live.

Best of luck with your decision,
Laura Ashley
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 17, 2008
Tisza Major-Posner answered:
Hi Laurie,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I would be happy to get the information that you need about the home including outstanding leins, loans and other factors that affect the property.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can privately discuss your situation. I look forward to being of service. You are welcome to email me through my website referenced below or on the telephone at (213) 392-4084 or (909) 837-8922.

Take care,

Tisza Major-Posner, Realtor, Keller Wiliams
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 14, 2009
Rebecca Chambliss answered:
You must abide by rent control rules. You must fill out the paperwork with the city stating that you plan to relocate the tenant and then abide by rules, pay the tenant relocation and give them time to move, which will be longer than 60 days. It is not a simple process. Tenants can fight the relocation. You should consult with the housing authority and an attorney. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice