Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in 90026 : Real Estate Advice

  • All41
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying16
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 87
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Facebook, hands down. followed by Linked in, depending on your purpose. Facebook is more 'social' and linked in more business oriented. I use both, facebook to stay in touch with friends, linked in to stay in touch with business acquaintances. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
inna ivchenko answered:
I really have not noticed any difference....Have you?

I think, we are so used to driving here in LA, can not change that......but I'm thinking of buying a smaller car, it might be even electrical:) ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 23, 2012
Janey Bishop answered:
Get an attorney's advice as this approach carries higher risk.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 10, 2012
John Arendsen answered:
Get the heck out of the way and let the market take care of itself.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Douglas Perez answered:
It would be up to you if you want to wait until April 30th. Do you know what's the lawsuit about?

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Lance King answered:
Fri Apr 13, 2012
Tim Jarnot answered:
I would be glad to provide a free Market Analysis of your property.

Please contact me tomorrow, Monday April 9th, so I can get some information regarding the specific condition of your property.

I can have a detailed analysis for you within 24 hours or less.

Tim Jarnot - Broker
Westline Properties
Direct: (310) 795-7807
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
You really should be asking the department of buildings and safety the question, especially about any potential penalties involved....
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 17, 2012
John Fontamillas answered:
Fri Jan 1, 2016
Clint Lohr answered:
Generally, yes. Under Trulia, you can search Crime + 90027 and get an idea of what happens. Bear in mind that Los Feliz is considered part of Los Angeles City. I would be happy to help you search for a home there. Please call me at 818-730-8635. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 29, 2012
Ron Escobar - Local Expert answered:
That is a very general question and difficult to answer... what do you mean by replacement cost? How much does it cost to build an apartment building? It depends on the geography and the city and zoning laws... a ball park figure is $150 to $350 per square foot for building from the ground up... again, it depends on may things... maybe you can refine your question and I could offer a better answer...

Ron Escobar, MBA
Broker & General Contractor
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 1, 2015
Josh Barnett answered:
PIZZA KING off 2nd and Broadway!!!!!!!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 13, 2012
I. Mia Shin answered:
Your best bet would be to go to Keller Williams, or Coldwell Banker; they offer the most extensive, basic traning to get started, called FAST START.

I highly recommend going to a firm that has a mentoring program.

Good luck,
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Kim Darwin answered:
Yes, it is recommended that all agents have E&O insurance. At my company, I pay an E&O fee of $169.00 per transaction.

As a beginner in real estate, you will need business cards, badge and pay your state license fee... in California, every 4 years.

It will also depend on which company you join, so make sure to ask how their E&O is deducted and what other hidden fees they have.Be careful, because some companies charge upfront fees which can be hard for beginning agents.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2011
Mike Linkenauger answered:
If you are performing real estate services for a fee, you need a real estate brokerage license first. The fact that you asked if you need a general business license tells me you likely don't have a brokers license as of yet. I am from Florida where it is a 3rd degree felony to practice real estate without a license, I'm sure its still criminal in California. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat May 21, 2011
Dorene Slavitz answered:
Dear Rm,

Property management is a business that is regulated and requires a real estate license, as well as a business license in most states. Check with your local City Hall for the Business license and regulations. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 9, 2011
Dp2 answered:
Please elaborate on what you meant when you stated that you'd "like to work for a real estate investment company". Do you intend to help them to find deals or resources? Do you intend to do some leg work for them? Do you plan to connect them with someone else in your network? ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Kirk Garibian answered:
That's tough, usually companies that specialize in investment real estate have their in house broker and they typically work on their OWN investments.

If you are an agent, what you should do is sign up with a reputable brokerage in Los Angeles and market yourself as an "Investment Specialist" or preferably get a designation from this company by completing the courses and requirement:

Specializing is key in the real estate business, market yourself as someone who does strictly investments and if you get a couple good deals you will have enough rapport to show leads that you know what you are talking about.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 18, 2010
Richard "RJ" Kas answered:
Yes. The area has seen a number of improvements and interest has certainly increased over the past couple years.
Always happy to assist.
Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
"Representing the finest properties from Los Angeles worldwide"
KAS Properties - Coldwell Banker Previews International - Beverly Hills East
9388 Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.859-5334 office - 310.488.9826 mobile - 310-273-0670 fax ATT: RJ - - DRE: 01352771
Sellers Buyers Investors Leasing Consulting
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 14, 2013
Dave Axness answered:
Your city or county will have tax records that show owners of all properties. Good luck!
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice