Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

90019 : Real Estate Advice

  • All45
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2,643
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Sinead McAllister answered:
Not a stupid question! :) You might be able to negotiate a six month lease. Most rentals will not do less that that, but you never know... it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sinead McAllister
McAllister Homes Real Estate
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 24, 2014
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
I was told the same information (suspended then restored) by one of my lenders.
Good luck,
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Sona Gallatin answered:
you should have had your own representation.
why that seems like a huge negative to some I'll never know...its for your benefit. sellers agent is looking out for the seller, who"s looking out for you?
With that said, you could be waiting for a while, doesn't seem like they have approval yet, just conditions,
A negotiator is probably assigned but hold on here.....they change from time to time, you may be working with one person for a few months only to find that there was a change on their end.
It's all good but you need you "agent" to follow up and at the very least give you updates.
If the property is worth it, hang in there as short sales take a while but worth the wait.
Also make sure that once you have sellers lender approval, be on time with all of your stuff.
Good Luck:)
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Eliseo Arebalos answered:
Hello AM,

Generally speaking, management fees can vary based on a number of factors. If you will be responsibile for leasing and qualifying tenants, then the fees could be less. If, on the otherhand, you would like the management company to do this for you, in addition to responding to maintenance requests, paying property related invoices, etc., the fees could be greater.

Typically, fees can range from 4-10% of the gross monthly collected rent.

If you would like to speak in detail regarding your properties, feel free to contact me directly via email at or via phone at (323) 718-1611.


Eliseo Arebalos
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Jamie Tian answered:
Hi John,

It is definitely possible to lease a house and work with an agent if your not yet able to purchase. I am a local real estate agent with Rodeo Realty and I can help you find a property to lease in the area you are interested in.

Please feel free to contact me anytime at (310) 717-1321 or and I can compile a list of properties that fit your needs and requirements.

Best Regards,

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
DRE# 01920120
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
Old Republic, First American and Chicago are all very solid title insurance companies you can use.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri May 31, 2013
James Sanchez answered:
Sounds like you need a lawyer and an agent.

Good luck,

0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 27, 2013
Steven Ornellas answered:
Hi jackievanka:

Mold is a health and safety issue. I would also suggest you start with speaking with your Landlord; however, I would do so AFTER reviewing the following document produced by the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs.

See marked page 39.

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 27, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
Realtors do not answer questions about LEGAL issues;
That said; you should be ok, especially in California.

You haven't moved in, and you've already got a BIG RED FLAG!
Are you sure you want to jump inot this? ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Christopher Rosiak answered:
The potential income will allow you to offset your Debt to income ratio. It can potentially increase your prospective loan amount. Call me if you need some help. We have a team of associates specializing in such loans.

Christopher Rosiak
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 6, 2013
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
Dear Rick!

Everything is negotiable, however typically seller will pay city and county transfer fees and taxes.

Each city have their own transfer fee for example city of Los Angeles charges: $4.50 per $1,000.00

Los Angeles county transfer Tax is $1.10 per $1,0000

Please call me for more info: 424-777-9377

Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869 
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Douglas Perez answered:
Customarily, the seller pays them.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Heather Paul answered:
Feel free to call me or email me directly. I assist buyers with buying properties at Auction.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Katherine Johnson answered:
Hello New Yorker yes there are. But you the renter do not pay them the seller does. Please sende your email and I will forward you a list of rentals so that you can see what your possibilities are.

Thank you
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Jamie Tian answered:
Hi Ida,

I specialize in properties in the Hollywood area and I am happy to help you find an apartment.

Please feel free to contact me anytime at (310) 717-1321 or and I would be happy to help you find some apartments that fit your needs or answer any questions at no cost to you.

Best Regards,

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717 - 1321
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
DRE# 01920120
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 16, 2013
Sona Gallatin answered:
Lease with option is very rare if at all. It's a sellers market and there a a shortage of inventory in most LA areas. The only time this option may be considered by a seller is if there's an abundance of inventory and properties are sitting on the market for a long time.
I recommend looking into a plan to save and be prepared to buy your own, don't have the down payment but have the credit...there are options in assistance programs for first time buyers.
But, if you're inquiring because your credit is an issue and your hoping to find a seller who'll take a chance and lease to you in hopes that you may be able to buy?
Research your proposed option thoroughly, there are risks for you and the homeowner.

Good luck:)
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 30, 2013
Ron Escobar - Local Expert answered:
you should be able to do it. As long as your discharge date is more than 2 years ago, and the 2nd was also reconveyed... try fha because your loan to value is high...
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Dave,

If all parties did not sign the extension and the closing date has passed, there is no longer a contract. Your Realtor should have made sure the extension was signed prior to the scheduled close of escrow. I would have your Realtor contact the listing agent or escrow company to get the cancellation of escrow paperwork so you can get your earnest money deposit back - if the bank is not going to extend your close of escrow. Since you do not have a contract any longer, if you still want the house, you can submit a new offer.

Good luck.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Fred Glick answered:
Hi Tony,

I can help.

Fred Glick

Broker/Owner, Multi-state Licensed Real Estate Brokerage U S Spaces, Inc.
Managing Member, NMLS Certified Mortgage Brokerage U S Loans Mortgage LLC

215.238.9400 East Coast
415.683.6950 West Coast

2043 Locust Street Phila, PA 19103 215.829.8850 x201
4354 Perlita Ave Los Angeles, CA 90039 310-741-7179

Licensed Real Estate Broker PA- U S Spaces, Inc.
Real Estate Broker, CA Dept of Real Estate DRE#01507615
NJ Licensed Real Estate Salesperson- U S Spaces

U S Loans Mortgage LLC #51022
Licensed by the Commonwealth of PA Department of Banking,
Virginia State Corporations Commission, License #MC-4943, State of Florida
California licensed with Signet Mortgage, NMLS# 168365, DRE#01403423
Personal Virginia Mortgage License #MLO-523VA
NMLS Test Certified National License #133975 for live rates and online mortgage application
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
... 7 8 9 10 11 ...
Search Advice