Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in 90012 : Real Estate Advice

  • All16
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 20
Thu Nov 22, 2012
Laura Coffey answered:
First you have to decide if you are the type of individual that can be on call 24/7. Getting into real estate is not easy. You are responsible for one of people 's largest purchases.
If you don't answer the phone you can loose a lead. If you want time off you need to make sure deadlines and contract obligations are still met. You need to constantly educate yourself on new laws and the changing market in order to protect your client and keep yourself out of court.
If you are up for it you first need to get your CA. real estate license. Then I would work as a buyers agent or choose a company that will proved you with training.
Good Luck.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Steve Vennemann answered:
Its not hard just find a company and person you like to work with and learn from them. I would work with someone who can teach you the ropes right away..
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 15, 2011
Brian Byhower answered:
Which insttrament does he play?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 23, 2014
Brett Ehart answered:
Go to the county clerk's office and look it up. It's public information.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed May 5, 2010
Dp2 answered:
That's a very good question, and I'm curious about the answer for this one too.

You should run this past an estate-planning attorney. Yet, I wonder if s/he will suggest something similar to a "swap and drop". ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 5, 2010
CCC answered:
Hi, to what I know, that is not possible. You can share information but not link them.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 21, 2011
Emelia Sanchez answered:
Jennie, first what is the home worth, is it over priced and you believe you are offering market value? Do you believe the property will not appraise for what the seller is asking for the property? If you have your agent and seller has their agent you should not contact the seller. If there is another offer there is no way you will find out what it is unless the listing agent volunteers that information. My suggestion is if you want that house put your best foot forward offer no more or no less than you are willing to pay for it, so that when and if your offer does not get accepted you at least can say that you gave it your best shot. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 14, 2009
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Sorry you need to find ways to help you scam somewhere else.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Jacob Varghese answered:
What application are you referring to? Who is your loan officer, he should be able to do it.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 27, 2009
Jonelle Bechard answered:
hI Lisa , You would apply at LAHD( Los Angeles Housing Department) if you need more information on low income housing please contact me at 818-605-3204

Thank you,

Jonelle Bechard
Rodeo Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 26, 2009
Homa Moaddel answered:
Hi Kaplan123,

Yes these is a way to claim depreciation on investment property and once your property produces income(when you rent it) you will have investment property.

You need to consult with an accountant.


... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 21, 2009
Dyanna answered:
No se puede hacer una oferta sin estar callificada. Para callificar necesitamos los taxes de 2007 y 2008, los W-2's, 2 talones de cheque(los mas recientes), y si tiene su dinero en la cuenta de cheques o ahorros una copia de el statement que le llega cada mes. El processo dura como una horra, y tiene su respuesta.

Por favor hableme 323-359-7992.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Crestico Realty answered:

Almost all of them are good. the bigger they get the harder filing a claim with them will get.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 28, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:

a) are both professionals willing to invest time explain details to you
b) available work around YOUR professional and personal lifestyle
c) listen to all your questions provide you documents you feel necessary to review

KEEP in mind that realtors are professionals with client obligations during day and weekend. Many clients believe we are short order cooks work within agreed appointment times schedules.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 11, 2009
Terra Bruns answered:
Yes, there are a number of additional papers because in 99% plus of the homes the bank gets back, they have never stepped foot in or on the property, so they make sure you know that, agree to that, and sign off on that. I would be happy to answer any other questions you might ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Daniel Klein answered:
It is against the law to charge upfront Civil Code 1695 and 2425 I think, as long as the property is in default (3 months or more behind).
Modifications are also handled for free by lenders, and yes there are issues, but a client can do these themselves. There is no such thing as a certified foreclosure consultant or similar. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 2, 2008
Keith Sorem answered:
The end results of a lot survey should be a plat map.
Do you have a specific question?
Trying to help someone read a plat map is like giving you a manicure on the phone....
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Luke Allison answered:

It is not as difficult as you may have been led to believe. You can still put as little as 3% down on a home and even get that 3% as a seller paid down payment assistance for an FHA loan. Mortgages are still pretty clear cut if you are buying your primary home and are fully stating your income. Your credit still has to be good, but it doesn't have to be pristine.
If you have any questions about pre-qualifying for a mortgage, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can originate in all 50 states, including FHA because I work directly for a mortgage bank.

Luke Allison
Flagstar Bank
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 13, 2010
californiabrokerjd answered:
What kind of LAHD inspection did he 'comply with?' Was this for habitability? Are you following the eviction procedures outlined by the Los Angeles Housing Department ( These often require both a 60 notice and relocation expenses, especially if your tenant is a senior citizen. I recommend you consult with a real estate attorney knowledgeable in Los Angeles landlord-tenant law. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice