Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 90003 : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1,426
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Michelle Robinson answered:
Is it possible to buy a piece of land in mount washington just to live on it in your rv?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Sonya Coke answered:
sketch out your plan for the building and spend some time at the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety. They'll let you know how to accomplish what you want to do.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Sona Gallatin answered:
frrom what I understand, if a room doesnt have a closet it is not counted as a bedroom, could be called a bonus room.
0 votes 35 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Why not simply work with an agent of your own....
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Thu May 23, 2013
Brian Byhower answered:
Maybe you should ask an agent in New York.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 19, 2015
Jamie Tian answered:

Congratulations on your decision to purchase a home in Los Angeles!

I believe if you want to extend your Visa, you need to file a request with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Here is a link to more information about this:

I am a real estate agent with Rodeo Realty and I specialize in the Los Angeles area. Please feel free to contact me at (310) 717-1321 or with any questions or concerns.

I would be happy to provide you with a list of available properties that fit your criteria by email and set up appointments for you to view any properties you are interested in during your visit to Los Angeles.

Best Regards,

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
DRE #01920120
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
This website is not very acurate when it comes to value.

Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869 
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 23, 2014
Emmanuel Xuereb answered:
Hey there, you can get a better estimate from escrow when you open, but I like to let my seller's know to expect about 7% to 7.5%.
Let me know if this helps.

Emmanuel Xuereb
360 Realty
323 559-9000
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 24, 2013
Kevin and Julie McLaughlin answered:
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Kevin and Julie McLaughlin answered:
I would think only USPS can help - sorry they didn't seem to know the answer!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Jodi Gonzalez answered:
Call the loan officer securing your client's loan and ask him/her. It all depends on when the docs were drawn and what the first payment date is on the final loan docs.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Pia Albanese answered:
Hi Susan,
Are you a Realtor representing the Buyer, or a you a Principal looking for representation in the purchase of pocket listings? You may contact me by e-mail with more details, if you like.
Kind regards,

Pia Albanese
Leading Edge Society
Prudential California Realty/ Beverly Hills
9696 Wilshire Blvd. 3rd floor
Beverly Hills, CA. 90212
(310)621-1557 (cell)
(310)248-6478 (off.dir.)
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013

The new lender does not have to accept the appraisal from the previous lender. Yes, if they order a new appraisal, they will disregard the first appraisal.

Best regards,

Elva A. Wormley
Mortgage Consultant
Office (408) 615-8500
C2 Financial Corporation
2845 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 209
San Jose, CA 95128
NMLS #331981
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 10, 2013
Alan May answered:
The real estate agency cannot return the money until/unless we have signatures from the buyer and seller directing us to do so.

Chances are, since you bought in Illinois, you used a real estate attorney. Have your attorney contact theirs, and see if he can facilitate the return of your $500.00. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Jamie Tian answered:

You should contact any bank or mortgage broker to get pre-approved for a loan so you can see how much you can afford.

After that, you should contact a real estate agent to help you find the homes that are currently available. I would be happy to refer to you a few good mortgage brokers and also help you start searching for your second home!

Please feel free to contact me at (310) 717-1321 or with any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
DRE #01920120
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 15, 2013
Sona Gallatin answered:
Hi Lauren,
Yes, it's an up and coming neighborhood but like most parts of Los Angeles South Park area has pockets that are more desirable for income investments and by that I mean less industrial the better. Rents are good for buildings that have been well maintained . Since Highland Park prices are going up investors who are priced out of that area are going south toward the happy valley district which includes Lincoln Park, and South Park.

for the latest top 10 income property list, go to
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Andres Morales answered:
Hi, best of luck on your endeavor. If you are upside down you would have to know what type of loan you currently have is it an FHA? If it is FHA one can refinance the current loan no problem. Is your loan a conventional loan? look into the harp or the harp 2.0 programs. These programs are initiatives started by the federal gov to help underwater home owners. Your loan would have to be a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac loan, you may look for them via google under Fannie Mae loan look up or Freddie Mac loan look up. If you do refinance the property and plan to purchase another the lender for the new loan will most likely require that the property you currently have has at least 30% equity. If it does not the new lender may not like to make the loan. Again best of luck. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 13, 2014
You need to sign off on the contingency after 17 days usually from what your contract states. Getting approval does not automatically remove your contingency. Gabriella Godde 661-713-3460
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 9, 2014
Caroline Harabedian answered:
You have to have the app on your phone.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice