Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 89130 : Real Estate Advice

  • All26
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 228
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Donald Mituzas answered:
You can always offer less. Keep in mind, that it the property is well priced you may be competing with other buyers who are willing to pay over asking. Which is more important, buying the property or getting a better price? You could miss out on some great buys if your offer is too low. A bank can always come back with a counter offer, but if there are other buyers looking at this property you may be out of the game before it begins.

Don Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Suzie Marquardt answered:
I would suggest that you seek an attorneys advice. There are so many things that can happen with a bankruptcy and especially with the type of multiple party situation you are describing
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Nadia Lewis answered:

You have options: I can Help. I have Buyers/Investors ready to buy in your area.

If you are someone you know is facing financial hardship, owes more than their home is worth, and needs to sell, please have them call me 702.219.6884 We have experience and success working with almost EVERY lender including Bank of America, Chase, CitiMortgage, SunTrust, BB&T, Regions, RBC, Wells Fargo, GMAC, and more.

Please send your Address to your home to, I will do a free market analysis on your property to help you get your home sold fast.

Keller Williams Southern Nevada
Nadia Lewis
2900 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy Ste 101
Henderson Nevada 89052
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 5, 2012
Myra Gouger answered:
Somehow I don't think they are your personal property on the appliances. Personal property in real estate in NV means that they are not affixed to the wall. That doesn't make them YOUR personal property. They are and remain the property of the landlord. I think you need to bring them back to the home. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
You really should be consulting with an attorney; don't just rely on online information...
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun May 11, 2014
Myra Gouger answered:
Yes the sale was legal. You also have no recourse to sue anyone. The investment company is the real owner now.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Johnny James answered:
In a short sale there are a lot more steps to take. A foreclosure the bank is ready to sell the property.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
It could, it depends if it is on your credit, it depends what happens with the mortgage on the condo that was foreclsoed on. you should meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify and guide you through the process. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
The bank is responsible. if they own the property then they have to pay the taxes. And if they foreclosed on a home that had taxes due at the time, them they should have had to bring those taxes current when they took back ownership of the property. Property taxes follow the property, not the owner. At least that is my understanding, you may want to check that with a lawyer or call the town's taxation office and ask them. It's possible the town simply has not updated their records and sent the tax bill to the wrong person. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Myra Gouger answered:
Your mother is responsible for property taxes until the home is sold at auction. At that time, usually the unpaid taxes become part of the new owner's closing costs. If the taxes are not paid when the new owner closes, they don't get a clear title and there would be a lien placed against the new property owner for the taxes. Sorry you couldn't sell the home. Why didn't you try a short sale many months ago before it got to this auction deadline? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 16, 2013
David Cooper answered:
By renting out REO’s, banks are no longer under pressure to sell distressed inventory as they now have cash flow from renting out the foreclosure.

The market manipulation became official on April 5, 2012 when the Federal Reserve issued a policy statement that banks are now allowed to rent out REO’s:

Before April 5, 2012, banks were forbidden from renting out REO’s. It was either sell and take a financial hit or keep the REO on the books and bleed money from deadbeat mortgages.

Federal law: 12 U.S.C. § 29, (, allows banks to hold foreclosures up to 5 years.

If banks show “good faith”, they can extend the holding period for another 5 years. In effect, withholding inventory for up to 10 years, which is what we are seeing now.

With the Fed’s ZIRP program and the REO-to-rental policy, there is no reason for banks to release shadow inventory. This leads to the low inventory we are seeing now in certain markets.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
You need to find out if there is a redemption period in your state, what that period of time is, and if you are within that time frame you can still redeem the property, pay the lien and get it back. Find another attorney, FAST!

You may also be able to reverse things based on failure to serve you properly with the notices.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Nakia Woodson answered:
Yes an HOA can foreclose on you. Even if you are not delinquent on your mortgages. NV is pro HOA, pay quickly or reach a settlement.


Nakia Woodson
Wardley Real Estate
702-318-1244 ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 15, 2012
David Cooper answered:
Anything attached belongs to the house. Could open you up to serious legal problems

David Cooper Investor 702-499-7037
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 21, 2012
Louis Wolfson answered:
What does your attorney have to say?

Who's name is on the deed? Are you current on the mortgage? Do you want to sell the home? Is it worth more than you owe?

If both names are on deed - no

Current on mtg and don't want to sell - no

Worth more than you owe - no

Any financial hardships (other than your ex) - no

Have the court enforce the divorce agreement and have deed conveyed to you - just my suggestion - check with your attorney
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 5, 2015
Joan Bennett Realtor, PM answered:
Michael, there definitely should have been notices - did the homeowners ignore them? Call Michael Later, Esq. 702 685-4400. He just recently had a GLVAR class on this.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 24, 2012
John Chamsi answered:
Yes, There is a chance that the bank might come after you for the deficiency. If you would like more answers to your questions. Please feel free to call me John Chamsi 702-465-3133
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Mon May 21, 2012
Suzie Marquardt answered:
I have never heard of anyone doing that. If the property goes back to the bank it will,go through a process and someone will contact you. If an investor buys the property it may be possible to rent it from them. I would like to talk with you about your situation if you like. I am wondering if you tried to short sale? Do you know your options and have you looked at alternatives to just letting the foreclosure happen. I can recommend a good attorney that will do a free initial consultation if you would like to explore your options. It is late in the game but there still may be options . I am always here to answer your questions. If you would like to talk just contact me ..
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue May 29, 2012
Phil Rotondo answered:
Contact your bank or any lender.
They'll be able to determine in a flash if you qualify.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu May 10, 2012
Jeff Wallenfang answered:
Regrettably, foreclosure or short sale are your options. You do have a genuine hardship, so a short sale is a good option. Thanks to changes in tax law at the end of the year, the time to start is NOW.

I have a SFR (Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource) and would love an opportunity to see your home and show you how I can help.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice