Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rentals in 89127 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 83
Thu Jan 15, 2015
Tim Moore answered:
That's an easy one to answer. Buy a house!
0 votes 34 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 15, 2015
Steve Mikrut answered:
Put them on a savings plan and help them get their credit in order...or call Criss Angel..J/K :)
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Cristyle Egitto answered:
Normally it depends on the community or owner you are renting from. Some charge a higher monthly rent for month-to-month rentals. Some require a higher deposit. Just depends.

I'd pick out a few places of interest and then ask around. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Ken Douglas answered:
There is no typical early termination. It depends on the owner of the property to dictate the price. That price varies since it is not pre determined.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 20, 2014
Leona Caldwell answered:
why don't you call Locksmith Las Vegas 24/7 Call: (702)583-7727 - Discount Locksmith
or do you have a maintenance guy?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 5, 2014
Julied answered:
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Mike Kruse answered:
I will be glad to assist you. What part of town are you looking to live in? Email mecdirectly and I will send you some listings and I will be glad to show you the ones you like.

Thank you,
Mike Kruse
VIP Realty Group
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Mike Kruse answered:

Typically, homes only come with furniture if they state "furnished". If a home does come furnished, expect to pay a premium. As for your second question, it is not customary for a tenant to pay the property taxes. If you have further questions or want information on homes or a neighborhood, please contact me directly.

Mike Kruse
VIP Realty Group
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 26, 2016
June Stark answered:
Hi Kathy - Your best resource is the MLS. That way all agents will have access to the listing. I would suggest offering a tenant agent's commission of $500+. Most homes for rent have commission of $300 to $350 for the tenant's agent. By offering a little more, you will get more traffic than your competition. Your PM can stipulate the lease term to be 1 year or longer in the MLS listing.

Your PM should be able to take care of all this for you.

Please feel free to call me anytime to discuss your options if you are no longer using the PM.

Thank you.

June Stark
Elite Realty
702 376-5220
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
You could... You should first meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify you at no cost and let you know if you can get a mortgage and how it will work given your situation ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Russ Lorenzen answered:
I cant't speak for other Agents, but I usually answer within a few minutes to a most an hour during normal business hours. If you want to see for yourself; my email
Russ Lorenzen
Re/Max Preferred
... more
0 votes 26 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Myra Gouger answered:
Thu Dec 6, 2012
Ronni Land answered:
HI. Unfortunataly, the one on my website is already booked from Feb 15th through March15th. If you can't find one for the entire time you need, let me know if you want this for the month before or after.
3BR, 2BA, SFR, dogs welcome.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2015
Terry McCarley answered: you have a written lease? If so I recommend you contact a real estate attorney.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Steven Goldman, CRS, Realtor answered:
Good day Ncchong,
Your question is a great one to ask as a tenant. There is no one size answer fixes all issues on this one.

Normal wear and tear is the using up of the rental unit resources in the normal living in the rental unit.
If the carpet is worn in an area due to walking on it, that is normal wear and tear. If it is worn because the baby sits in one spot and scratches at the fibers, that is not normal wear and tear.
The window latch not securing the window may be considered normal wear and tear if it breaks while closing the window. The latch missing because the tenant removed it as it was in the way, is not normal wear and tear.
Normal wear and tear is the regular and usual maintenance items in the living inside of a property. Light bulbs burnt out and needing replacement is normal. Finding the light bulbs missing and replacing them 2 times a month is not normal.

Now, let's chat about the cabinet. If the cabinet became lose because the screws became lose and the tenant did not report it to the landlord. Then it fell, that would not be considered normal wear and tear. If you reported it to the landlord and he did nothing about it, then I would think the landlord would be responsible to fix the cabinet. Personally, I have never had a cabinet or door come off the wall. If one of the children was pulling on it or the cabinet was overloaded with canned goods, the tenant would need to pony up the repair cost.
If the cabinet was lose and you still used it, the damage to the cabinet falling would be your responsibility and pay the bill. You should have tightened the screws. Ask your neighbow for a screwdrive if you do not have one.
If the cabinet was not installed properly such as the screws were not into the wood studs, then I would think the landlord will re-install the cabinet properly.

Simple question, not so simple answer.

I had a sliding glass door shatter on one of my rental units. I wanted the tenant to pay for the repair. It was hundreds of dollars. The glass man came out and determined that the rubber gasket had failed and when the August sun shone on the window the window expanded and shattered. As much as I wanted the tenant to pay for a new window, I paid the bill. It was not their fault.

My leases have a dollar amount for the tenant to pay for normal items that wear out such as light bulbs and smoke alarm batteries. I still fix them if I know about them. In your case, would a $1.00 screw have prevented the issue? It is not a matter of being right. It is a matter of living together. Let's work together to keep our places safe and enjoyable to live in. If the cabinet was tight when you moved in, then go to the local hardware store and buy a $3.00 hinge and fix the door. Send me the bill for $3.00 and I'll pay for it. Be done with the project and let's get back to being good neighbors once again.

I hope that provides you the answer to the question.

New Web Sites:


Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
REO-BPO Certified
Realty One Group
10750 W. Charleston #180
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
Fax: 866-286-2099
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Bill Eckler answered:
Put everything in writing and send it certified mail with signed receipt requested.

Good luck,

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Myra Gouger answered:
NO! There are plenty of other rental homes available where the owner is not doing a short sale. Short sales have many ups and downs until they finally close - if they do. Sometimes the bank seizes the home and forecloses on it. Also, the people who buy the short sale may want the home for themselves and then you will lose your deposit and you will have to move. So, I would conclude that unless you feel like giving away your money, don't rent a short sale home. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 29, 2014
Matthew D'Ercole answered:
Pecole Ranch is safe yes but who ever advertised this home needs to pull listing as it was rented. If you'll give me your detailed criteria, I'll create a custom search for you and send you only homes that match that criteria. Just let us know which homes you like and we'll set up a tour to show them to you and help you witht the applicatioin process. Let us also know if you have any other questions about your move. We specialize in Relocation Services as well. Thanks, Kim and Matt

Matthew D’Ercole
Prominent Realty Group, LLC
Buyer / Seller / Property Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
Website -
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Taza Guru answered:
Realtors - Referrals to property managers are welcome and please forward this to your referral to explore if they can meet with me tomorrow. Appreciate your help here!!

Thanks much!
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Amara Berg answered:
Absolutely. You just have to disclose that and have in written into the lease.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice