Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in 89114 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Prices vary. A lender will require that the lenders portion have title insurance to protect them, the buyers portion is optional but usually much cheaper since it just covers your down payment which is less than the mortgage amount. Title insurance is a one time insurance policy that protects against errors, defects, omissions, etc in the chain of title for the property while you own it. It's worth having although you will probably never need it, but if you ever did it is invaluable and why the lender requires it. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 14, 2012
Hank Lauzon answered:
Hi,...The Home Warranty will cover the inner workings of your home....Plumbing,...Electrical....AC/Heat. They usually have options available for the pool and appliances. The Home insurance is geared more towards damages from fire, wind, flood options,.....etc......

If your house is funded,....the lender usually requires home insurance,...
A Home warranty is more of a personal preference....Some people love them and others could care less.

I closed on a home last summer,...the temp was about 113 on the day that the buyers were moving in,...the AC died. The home warranty company was there right away to take care of it and the buyer was very thankful that he had gotten it.

I have some great companies that I work with,....feel free to give me a call...!!

Hank Lauzon III

Exit Las Vegas Realty Center
6600 W. Charleston #119
Las Vegas, Nv 89146

Cell 702-449-0899
Office 702-949-2409
Fax 702-543-6844

Web :


Never look down on anybody...unless you're helping them up.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Andrea Lane CRS,GRI,MRP answered:
You can't really project a tenant is going to sue you. It would concern me that you weren't more concerned about insurance to cover the property replacement.
I would find a lawyer that you can run that question by. Cost of title insurance differs between companies and coverage. I recommend expanded coverage. Title is split between buyer and can always ask the seller to pay your title insurance as part of closing costs. Call a local title company and they can give you a fee scale. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Ian Palast answered:
Yes - Todd Volf at New Freedom Properties 702-994-9231. Todd is an excellent GC that we have worked with for 2 and a half years. I highly recommend him for residential construction jobs. Todd has a snapfish photo album of his work that you can see. Please feel free to call or email me with any further reference related questions. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Roberta LaRocca answered:
Hi Vegasanchor,

I don't know if you'd want to have a generic valley-wide figure for insuring your home. For actual building replacement costs there are a number of variables in the materials used, type and quality of construction, etc. For example, a 3000 sf. luxury or custom would obviously have a higher build cost than a basic model tract home. For something exact you'd want to speak with an appraiser for a specific property.

For a ball park comparison figure you could possibly check with the Clark Co. assessor's office. They use the annually updated Marshall & Swift Building Cost Service to determine appraisal value for property taxes. The amount they list for improvements is based on that replacement cost information, minus depreciation, and land value listed separately. You could inquire what figure they used for your home's replacement cost. It of course wouldn't include any specific upgrades to the home, particularly any expensive cosmetic renovations that could be done without requiring a building permit.

Hope that helps.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice