Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in 89044 : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Ernie Gonzales answered:
As a real estate agent, I would refer my clients with this question to their CPA or tax preparer. I can tell you that if you closed in 2011, that is well within the IRS Debt Relief Act of 2007, which in a nutshell says that you will not be taxed on the deficiency.
Best of luck to you. If you like, I can send you some documentation that we deliver to our Short Sale clients that does discuss this. The docs are prepared by a lawyer and a CPA. Let me know by sending me an email to
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Myra Gouger answered:
I don't know of any lenders that will make a loan on a home with an IRS lien. The reason is simple. The IRS can seize that property at any time. Try renting. There are nice homes to rent. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Michael Cheng answered:
While a $90K income on a $115K home is easily viable, we don't know about your debt obligations on the other two homes. Those institutions may very well have good justifications for not extending you further credit.

But, the extension of credit also depends on your use for the home. If you're looking to rent it out, you can use the projected rental income to support your debt/income ratio to get qualified.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 9, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
For a personalized answer regarding mortgage qualification visit with any licensed loan officer; after reviewing your overall financials, income, credit, debt, etc., a determination can be made. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 4, 2011
Jackie Roeder answered:
We can work with that FICO score if everything else is in order. Do not pay an old collection debt until you speak with a licensed loan officer, if you go with me I can explain in more detail. You are going to have to claim the cash income to show higher income to qualify...its like a catch don't want to claim to save on taxes, but you need to claim to show income for a mortgage loan. I would move into an inexpensive rental until after you file 2011 and show good income. Feel free to contact me.
Jackie Roeder
Loan Officer
(702) 370-0333

NV License No. 46716
NMLS License No. 319303
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 25, 2010
Robert Little Group answered:
Please call Scott Smith at Prospect Mortage, He does short refinances,

(702) 688-0126

If thats doesn't work we can work with you on a short sale, with an attorney assitance at no cost to you.

Good Luck with it, and please let me know how it works out for you either way.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 22, 2010
FSBOsuccess answered:
Tue Oct 15, 2013
Melissa Towbin answered:
That's a great question. With home prices so affordable why not buy one for cash. There are townhomes with garages and yards for less that 50,000. There are homes in that same price range. You might find they need paint and carpet, usually a new owner does that anyway. If you want some homes to look at, please check my site ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 15, 2013
Cheryl McDonald answered:
You have to have a more perminant residency in the US to obtain a mortgage. You should obtain a green card or if you are coming over on a work visa that may be suffiecient. I just worked with a buyer his first home was purchased about 8 yrs ago with a work visa. While purchasing his second home, in 2009, his visa expired and his green card was still in the processing stages. Even though he already owned a home in the states and has works here and has filed tax returns since he's been here. He uses some sort of permit he renews every year or 2 that give him permission to work in the states. The lender gave him an extremely difficult time, after he had many conversations and submitted several different forms to the lender they finally approved him. Good luck and check for more information on residency. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue May 19, 2009
Linne DePasquale answered:
Hi Sukinu,

Congrats on your decision to purchase in Las Vegas/Henderson. I've listed contact information for the two lenders I comfortably recommend based upon their performance with my clients:

1) America Consolidated Lending
Phone: (702) 493-7422
Specializing in: conventional, jumbo, portfolio lending

2) Flagstar Bank (national)
Phone: (702) 352-1824 - ask for Mardell at extension 1
Specializing in: FHA & VA

Hope this helps!


Linne Karstensson
Direct: (702) 525-9492

Lake Las Vegas' most comprehensive real estate and community web site:

View Lake Las Vegas homes, condos, foreclosures, lakefront homes, golf course homes, and more!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Tom Clemmer answered:
Well, depends on who picks it general a company that handles HOAs for the developer will take over.

If a very small developer takes over or the city in certain cases the HOA can be dropped but this is usually not the case and is rare. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2008
John Brassner answered:
Hello Ann. Are you planning on working in the States? What kind of Visa or Green Card do you expect to be securing? Lenders usually require 25% down for non-residents, I believe and other fairly strict guidelines. However, I just became aware of a loan program where you could actually secure a loan in Europe for purchase in the U.S. at a very low interest rate. The most important thing is where will your income come from, UK or USA? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice