Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in 85008 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 16
Fri Jan 11, 2013
Rachel Shanahan answered:
I have a cleaning lady that will probably go up there and clean it. Her name is Jeri and you can reach her at602-405-4123.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Jessica Tracy answered:
They hire another company to then hire subcontractors to do the out clean outs. You need to be licenses, insured, and have your own equipment. I don't know which companies are in out in the west, since I'm from the east coast, but I would first try to google the contact info for Bank of America Field Services and I also see ads on craigslis under the real estate section. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 9, 2012
Keri Baker answered:
My company uses Andy's Plumbing 602-430-6778, my properties are valley wide and I have some in Maryvale so I know he services that area. He has been great for my company, reliable and quick! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013
Carlos Ramirez answered:
After working with many contractors and handymans there is only 1 that I trust right now. Excellent prices and great service. Send me an email and I will provide you with his phone number and email. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 7, 2016
Tim Moore answered:
It will be hard to say without knowing more and seeing it. One car? 2 car? what is there now? Could be anywhere between $5k to 15K.
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
Rocky Dole answered:
I don't know of a builder that you could use but I do have a suggestion for you that might work. I see that you are a real estate broker so there is a builder's fair coming up at SEVRAR. Maybe if you went to that you could get some helpful information. If you would like a copy of the flyer that was sent out then send me an email. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 31, 2011
BG answered:
ask your agent to do a comp for the house. You may be surprised if it has been changed quite a bit from a few years ago.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 28, 2011
Bob Dickinson answered:
If you do not live in a neighborhood with a Homeowners Association, you should check with the city of Phoenix for clarification.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 8, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Not usually, but not impossible. If the company is a llc or corporation it may be easier to transfer the corporation. You need to check with Homesteps for their guidelines and perhaps a real estate or corporate attorney ofr the pros and cons of buying the business and in which form it should be bought.

Please see my blog "So you want to get into the foreclosure business"
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Stephanie Weiss answered:
Mike, I assume your're looking at a property on Trulia and it's not displaying the address? If you can provide the link to the property, I may be able to find for you.

Stephanie Weiss, REALTOR®
480.273.7472 cell 602.503.4008 fax 480.889.3700 off
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 10, 2010
Carlos Ramirez answered:
Below is a link to their Residential Building Permits site. You can contact them for further details.

Carlos J. Ramirez, PC, ABR, CNE
Associate Broker/Realtor, HomeSmart -
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 15, 2012
Bill Eckler answered:
There may be regulations that inpact the scope of work that can be done by a homeowner without a permit to do the work. This in no way is impacted by your Canadian citizenship or American citizenship.

Contact the city to find out what the "home owner's" limitations are. Be assured this will have nothing to do with Canadian or US citizenship.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 17, 2009
Todd Lee answered:
Each historical district has their own CC&Rs that they use and that homeowners must abide by. You would probably need to contact either the management company or the HOA if there is one for the particular area you are interested in. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 26, 2016
Paul Welden answered:
go to

Buyer's Agent Realtor
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 27, 2010
Hannah Fliegel answered:
Hi Walt,

Good questions. Also when you buy REO's if work was done to the property without permits you might find that to be a problem when you go to put permanent financing on the property or to sell the property to someone. I would suggest your local REI club. Find real estate investors who purchase REO's and do rehabs and see if you can partner with experienced investors for two or three deals and then go off on your own or continue to leverage and partner.
The REO market will be around for a while so you can gain experience now and set yourself up for success long term.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice