Hello & Happy New Year Voyagerbh,
There are a few questions that will change the way I might answer this question, here are a few to start...
1) What is the extent of dis-repair?
2) What is your current equity position?
3) Is the home occupied or rented?
4) Would you consider hiring and paying a general contractor to finish the work before marketing?
5) Have you considered offering the home for sale with a Lease option or Seller Financing?
6) Are you current on the payment, If so are you facing imminent default? If not how far behind are you?
There is a lot that goes into the valuation and marketing a home for sale in today's volatile market.
As far as Property Tax relief, there may be some short term options available. Maybe it is best to explore liquidating the asset altogether?
Please feel free to call me anytime to get information more specific to your needs.
Kristopher Furrow, REALTOR
-Associate Broker, CRS, ePRO
Windermere Real Estate - UTAH
Salt Lake City and Park City
2348 South Foothill Drive
Salt Lake City Utah, 84109