Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in 80249 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Ethan Besser answered:
Hi jdenler18,

I have seen these at houses. Check out the website for the city and county of Denver for regulations and whether you will need a permit at

Let me know if you have any additional questions. I do know contractors that would do an excellent job if you need something like that built.

Call me if I can help at 303-856-8980.


Ethan Besser
Keller Williams
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 27, 2013
Sharon Young - Realtor® answered:
Wow...... that's sort of like asking how fast should I be driving......depends on the road conditions and other factors.

You should be asking this to a reputable Heating Professional in addition or instead of realtors. Some suggestions to consider are:
* Have you had the furnace certified and know that there is not a cracked or defective heat exchanger?
* What is your cash / income / cash flow situation?
* Would it be prudent to purchase a home warranty for about $400 per year that will cover the furnace should it stop working?

Let me know if this gives you any thoughts for maping out your decision making process.

Sharon Young
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Joetta Fort answered:
Having just built an outbuilding the size of a 1-car garage, I can tell you the cost varies widely depending on the contractor. We spent $8,000 and didn't have a skylight or electricity. Plus the concrete pad was already there. We could have gotten it cheaper in a kit, or found a cheaper contractor, but we used the only guy who's never disappointed us in his workmanship.

My advice to you would be to check with the city before you even start getting bids, if you haven't already. I know here in Arvada whether or not we were allowed to build was based on a percentage of un-built-upon lot space.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 16, 2016
Ron Thomas answered:
This is exactly like asking; " How much does a new car cost?"
New construction will run between $250 per square foot and $500 per square foot:
That will mean between $275,000 to $550,000 not including the cost of the land. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Dan Tabit answered:
Without seeing the basement ourselves, it's hard to give you a straight answer. Basement bedrooms often don't count in appraisals. To be a legitimate bedroom the room must have a closet and a window large enough to use as an escape route in case of emergency.
My suggestion would be to do the least expensive option to make sure the basement looks clean and smells clean. Right now spending money on improvements doesn't always return what you spend beyond a freshening of flooring and paint/walls.
I wrote a blog about pre-staging you might find useful. It's in the link below.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 18, 2011
Robert McGuire answered:
Ticked Off,

Good question. the best place to start is with your Buyer's Broker, then the Listing Broker, and then your lender. I would suggest submitting the question on the Homepath Website as well. These organizations such as this have there own set of rules and regulations that seem to make sense to them and no one else. Good luck with this one.

Robert McGuire
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 20, 2017
Robert McGuire answered:
I found one on Google for you to check out. Let me know if you need any other Real Estate help.

Robert McGuire - 303-669-1246
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 18, 2011
Victoria Quintero answered:
Either the realtor & investor need to put some skin in the game for labor & materials, or they give him a percentage of ownership of the properties up front. Your son may want to check on some past deals they've done, trace them to the title company that closed them and ask them some questions on the integrity of past fix-n-flips. Just my opinion. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 1, 2010
Carl Borrmann answered:
Hi Kelly,
I used a really great architect on a pop-top and addition that I did in Wash Park. He was really great to work with and thought of absolutely everything. I would highly recommend him. His name is Sean Tennant, Tennant Architecture, 303-733-2446. Tell him I sent you!
Carl Borrmann, MBA, Realtor
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Kirk Dirksen answered:
Did you have a contract that stated completion date? Did he do the work that you hired hime to do? Did you tel him when you wanted the work done before he started? There are a lot of things to consider. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 19, 2010
Brian Burke answered:
To get your C.O. all work must be completed and all inspections must be done and signed off on . When all permits are signed off then you can get your C.O. Please consult your local building dept about this process. Yes, ALL work must be done.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 17, 2009
Ethan Besser answered:
Call Al Giusti from Augusten Muller Home Builders. They are some of the best builders in Denver.

Al's number is 720-381-7436.

Please tell him that I gave you his name.


Ethan Besser
Realty Xpress, Inc.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice