Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

79932 : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 201
Thu Apr 14, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:

If you are represented by a Realtor we are trained in contract law in the State forms used in all Texas real estate transaction.

However we have to state to any all clients if your preference confer with an attorney that is your choice ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 31, 2011
Elizabeth Russo answered:
A broker is the boss and the agent works for the broker :-) Sometimes you'll hear that the agent is a broker's agent. This means the agent is a "agent" that works for a brokerage. Agents qualify to broker loans, sell/rent houses etc when they have a license. A broker can also work for another broker because he/she likes the extra umbrella insurance policy.

Anyone who brokers in real estate needs a license from the Department of Real Estate or Corporation. You can check out their license status online with your state's Department of Real Estate. The link I've attached is California's Department of Real Estate.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 6, 2011
Rick Snow answered:
Hello Robb,

El Paso has been pretty consistent when it comes to appreciation for many years. It is the slow and steady appreciation as opposed to the wild spikes seen in other markets, that has kept the bottom from falling out like Phoenix and Las Vegas. The rental market remains strong, in part because of Ft Bliss' expansion, but if you are relying on soldiers to rent your property you must keep in mind their housing allowance is what it is and they can only go so high. Even though we have more renters than homes the military housing allowance for El Paso went down for 2011.
Kern Place is a very popular neighborhood and has been for many years, but maintenance issues on those homes can get real pricey real fast. Franklin Hills or Cimarron with newer homes that will be much less expensive to maintain will, most likely, be harder to rent for a price that makes investment sense. I would think that a home with good "bones" in Kern would make more sense for investment.
Robb, please keep in mind that I am not advising you to purchase in Kern or anywhere else and would not advise you without a comprehensive discussion of your wants and needs and investment strategies.Please let me know if I can be of assistance and good luck in your search.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Jimmy Johnson answered:
Speaking from California, I would say that the basic fees that consist of Title, Escrow, recordings and transfer fees should be covered. The other fee to check on would be the loan/broker fees. If using a broker, ask them what they are charging you and this would be added to the other fees that I mentions to make up total closing costs. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Elliott R. Oliva answered:
If you have a specific property you can use this link to find out what the taxes and tax rate are.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 3, 2011
Mike Alvarado answered:
Congratulations on getting pre-qualified. Good point Patty and stick to your guns and buy what is confortable for your guys. With literally hundreds of homes to choose from, take your time and enjoy looking for your "perfect" home. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Don Tepper answered:
Should you buy this year?


Can you buy? Maybe. Check with a good mortgage broker.

But your question was SHOULD you buy. Your husband has poor credit. You have weak credit and no work history with your new job--though your job (nurse) is in high demand. You have very little in savings. If you don't want to stay in the apartment you're currently in, that's fine. Move to another rental apartment. Work on cleaning up your husband's credit score and on strengthening yours. Build up your savings. Wait. Then buy when you're better positioned to do so.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
If you don't have a response here on Trulia contact a local Trulia agent direct . Not all agents see your post
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 14, 2011
Dan Tabit answered:
Renting is much more open to credit issues than buying. Each landlord gets to decide what risk they will take. Some may exclude you outright if your credit is too rough. Others may be willing to hear about your situation and take events beyond your control into consideration. Another possibility is that some may request either higher rent or deposit due to your credit, but will still rent to you.
It will depend on each landlord to decide what they are willing to accept.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 27, 2011
Michael Bray answered:
My guess.... they simply looked it up in the Multiple Listing Service.

It is currently listed for $159,500. Are you interested in getting more information on this?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Don Groff answered:
Go see a reputable lender, broker or banker in your area. Find out exactly what both of your credit looks like and start doing what is necessary to get those items corrected. If you can show fraud you may be able to get those items removed which may dramatically improve his credit.

The important thing is that you need to start now. You have time and fixing those issue may take months if they can be fixed at all.

Good luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Rick Snow answered:
Richard, overall prices are staying pretty flat or declining slightly. People from Juarez are coming into the area but they are not driving up the prices, in my opinion.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 3, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Does the property have current owners, if so, ask them your questions--or you can check local public records department, tax assessor's office, etc.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 24, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Without your overall finances--consider visiting with any qualified loan officer(s), after reviewing your overall finances, credit, etc., he/she can make a determination on any realistic goals, qualification, type of loan, etc., as they apply to your specific situation--then go from there and plan ahead. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Santiago Ogradon answered:

There are a few ways to find out.

1. The most direct way is to go to your city hall (in some cases the county offices). They have reports on hazardous conditions, including floor risk zones.
2. If you are going to sell your home I would recommend looking into a Natural Hazard Report. It's a very important report that discloses all known natural hazards in your area and protects your from buyer lawsuits, should they buy your home and a flood occurs. They can't say you held it back. Many companies sell Natural Hazard Disclosure (NHD) reports. In my area they are: Property I.D., Geo Assurance and JCP LGS, among others.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Margarita Rubio asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 13, 2010
Cynthia Morris answered:
Howdy Jose
Selling a house, pricing the house and the costs of selling a house are the most primary questions yo should ask. If you would give me your address I would be happy to develop a “PricePicker” for you and give you an estimate of the costs. EPHomeSearch has listings plans from $695 flat fee to a 29 day guarantee and as the seller you are the Boss and EPHomeSearch is the employee. I would love to meet with you any time that is convenient for you.

Wishes for God’s best to you and yours in every way each and every day!
Cynthia Ann Morris,
"At Home With Diversity: One America" REALTOR®:
CNE, CRS ,CSP,ePRO, GRI, TAHS,Texas Property Tax Arbitrator
Certified Real Estate Instructor
Sales, Property Management and Investing
First Time Home Buyer Specialist
Short Sales and Foreclosure
Serving you and all of El Paso County..
Phone 915 471 4300
Fax 915 855 4609
I want to be the only REALTOR ® you will ever need
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 6, 2010
Rick Snow answered:
If a couple is relying on the income of both parties to qualify for the property and because credit reports are on individuals as opposed to couples, some companies would require two reports. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Gerard Dunn answered:
It means the home is substantially above market.

Of course condition, Location and a million other things can affect the marketing - but ultimately - at the right price any property should sell.

Good Luck!

If you like the answer - please consider making it a "Best Answer" !

Gerard Dunn
Associate Broker
Licensed in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Assisting Homebuyer's and Seller's for 28 years
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 27, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider doing some research on your own first, visit areas of interest more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that important to you, possibly chat with locals, look online, etc.-- real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice